[rom] Cyanogen 7 + tablet tweeks

Guest add.thebad

Guest add.thebad
Yeah well lucky you. I'm back on R8 rom, I'll try again when issues have been worked out but its nice having Gingerbread on Vega.

it is a bit of a bug, just switch wifi off and on angain and it should work

Guest bazanime
it is a bit of a bug, just switch wifi off and on angain and it should work

Yeah, I did that many times till it got very frustrating, rebooted both router and Vega but still nothing.

Its ok though, I know its a work in progress and it looks great, but I use the internet alot on my Vega and frankly I cant live with that bug.

Keep up the good work anyways, I'll be keeping an eye on progress.

hmmm, sorry for my noob question.. but is it worth to switch from r8 modaco rom to the cyanogen one? I mean, it's 2.3 and all the blah blah blah, but the overall speed like browsing and surfing thru menus is on par? I have no issues with R8, but cyanogen mod looks so damn sexy *o*

Guest leemain88

thinking about flashing to CM7, just like to know how stable is it and how does it compare to other roms.(currently running corvus)

Guest Tony Williams
hmmm, sorry for my noob question.. but is it worth to switch from r8 modaco rom to the cyanogen one? I mean, it's 2.3 and all the blah blah blah, but the overall speed like browsing and surfing thru menus is on par? I have no issues with R8, but cyanogen mod looks so damn sexy *o*

I would say yes. I`m using nightly 04 for everyday browsing and surfing and would say it seems slightly quicker than R8. The only issue for me is lack of a working camera as I used my Vega for video calling via Yahoo messenger. Once the cameras fixed I reckon it will be pretty much spot on.

oki donkie!

I'll give it a try when i get back to home tonight...

found 2 tutorials teaching how to use ClockWorkMOD + custom roms... but last night I did try one time and ended up with the "android + box with and arrow" logo stuck for few minutes =[

I downloaded CMOD, put the .zip with nightly build in the root of sd card, did the update from sd card opt, then my lovely device reboot and boooooooom freeeeeze

I wonder if it's something with the r8 rom D:

Guest premieral
oki donkie!

I'll give it a try when i get back to home tonight...

found 2 tutorials teaching how to use ClockWorkMOD + custom roms... but last night I did try one time and ended up with the "android + box with and arrow" logo stuck for few minutes =[

I downloaded CMOD, put the .zip with nightly build in the root of sd card, did the update from sd card opt, then my lovely device reboot and boooooooom freeeeeze

I wonder if it's something with the r8 rom D:

did you wipe everything first?

yah, a pop-up showed me 2 options : wipe everything, and 1 more that I really can't remember haha o/

I selected wipe everything, and nothing happened D: pressed the second one and same result o.o then pressed OK btn and the rest of the history you know..

Guest Minimonkey
yah, a pop-up showed me 2 options : wipe everything, and 1 more that I really can't remember haha o/

I selected wipe everything, and nothing happened D: pressed the second one and same result o.o then pressed OK btn and the rest of the history you know..

Did you follow this and can you boot into clockworkmod not using rom manager?:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...he-advent-vega/

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest add.thebad
anyone please?

not sure. i know murdock added support for devices with internal 3g thus why we have the no signal symbol but not sure if it was implimented. Cant help much because i have a vega sorry

not sure. i know murdock added support for devices with internal 3g thus why we have the no signal symbol but not sure if it was implimented. Cant help much because i have a vega sorry

thanx for your reply. I added 3G modem (Ericsson F3307) few weeks ago. I report this issue to mardock.

ok this is not going well... Im pretty sure that Im the noob here, but again I need help!

O downloaded the cyanogen rom in this post (71mb), downloaded ROM Manager, put the rom on sd card, use rom manager to do everything...

then my device reboot into recovery screen (a logo showing the android and a box) and that's it... nothing happens... I restart my tablet, and everything is back to normal

Guest Minimonkey
ok this is not going well... Im pretty sure that Im the noob here, but again I need help!

O downloaded the cyanogen rom in this post (71mb), downloaded ROM Manager, put the rom on sd card, use rom manager to do everything...

then my device reboot into recovery screen (a logo showing the android and a box) and that's it... nothing happens... I restart my tablet, and everything is back to normal

Sounds lke you havent got clockworkmod on

Follow this: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...he-advent-vega/

Then Rom Manager should work

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest FrownBreaker
Sounds lke you havent got clockworkmod on

Follow this: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...he-advent-vega/

Then Rom Manager should work

1) Install clockwork recovery using Vega tools

2) slap the zip file onto the SD card make sure the Md5 hash match

3) install the recovery app (Vega tools adds this)

4) select recovery wait for the machine to reboot into clockwork

5) wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik (under advanced)

6) use the clockwork menu to select install a file from SD card and then select the file and apply.

7) Reboot and enjoy!

8) If you like the work think about contributing to Murdoch's fund even if its just a fe Euro (paypal)

did you add it ur self?

yes, i did.

Would do you know how it?

this picture tells you all you must know:

montingl.th.jpg

but vega haven't build in sim card holder

Edited by boh

Guest dragon2611

I had to rename the file to update.zip before clockwork recovery would actually try and flash it.

If i left the filename as it was it would refuse to flash it with bad zip even through the MD5 matched.

I don't think it liked something in the filename for some reason (could have been the length or one of the characters)

yah after few example topics, I did try renaming the file as update.zip..

but the same stuck android+box logo...

I really wanted to use only Rom manager, almost bought the premium thing..

hmm what if I load the 1.10 PoV rom (latest), install rom manager + everything needed, rename the file to update.zip? D:

Guest Minimonkey
yah after few example topics, I did try renaming the file as update.zip..

but the same stuck android+box logo...

I really wanted to use only Rom manager, almost bought the premium thing..

hmm what if I load the 1.10 PoV rom (latest), install rom manager + everything needed, rename the file to update.zip? D:

Did you follow frownbreakers instructions as you still haven't got clockworkmod on. Check Vega tools: http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ega-tools-v3-0/

Edited by Minimonkey