[rom] Cyanogen 7 + tablet tweeks

Guest add.thebad

Guest le_lutin
If everything in vegacomb worked the answer would be no but as it doesn't the list is quite long basically as long as the bug list for the latest beta. I haven't tried talk or video as I don't use them so you would have to ask someone that uses CM7 and those apps if they work.

I haven't really played a lot of videos on it but what I have has worked but its mostly streaming avi. A lot of compatibility issues were pretty player dependant the stock video player still had issues that were more cm7 specific not vega specific so they will have been improved I know I have spotted a few improvements in the changelog since the first nightlies. You can see the changelog for the last few nightlies here http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=vega but they are currently on 87 so we are rapidly approaching the 30th nightly release and its obviously seen lots of improvements since the first.

The last few nighty releases seems to have cured the wireless of its sleep issues although they weren't individual to cm7 vegacomb had the same problem for some people for a while.

The 3.0 interface is generally better since its designed for a tablet so its looks and handles better on a big screen but 2.3 has some of those improvements. Honestly if CM7 had a built in task switcher like honeycomb I would use it much more as its otherwise very good its the only thing I really miss when I am not using vegacomb as since I use launcher pro I have had scrollable widgets for months so that isn't much of a selling point for me.

Thanks for the info - I think I might give cm7 a whirl then.

[EDIT] I wonder if you could use a task switcher and stick a shortcut on the quick launch on bottom of the screen? Something like this?: http://www.appbrain.com/app/visual-task-sw...le.taskswitcher

Edited by le_lutin

Guest warriorscot

Not a bad idea, honestly what I would love is if button saviour would do something like that or you could add a shortcut link for that into it save installing an extra program. But its a relatively minor niggle all things considered before trying out vegacomb it wasn't something I even bothered about.

Definitely give CM7 a go I always have a current backup of it that I go back to when I either get fed up with vegacomb or it doesn't do something I need and since they both play well with clockwork its easy to switch between the two.

Guest le_lutin
If everything in vegacomb worked the answer would be no but as it doesn't the list is quite long basically as long as the bug list for the latest beta. I haven't tried talk or video as I don't use them so you would have to ask someone that uses CM7 and those apps if they work.

I haven't really played a lot of videos on it but what I have has worked but its mostly streaming avi. A lot of compatibility issues were pretty player dependant the stock video player still had issues that were more cm7 specific not vega specific so they will have been improved I know I have spotted a few improvements in the changelog since the first nightlies. You can see the changelog for the last few nightlies here http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=vega but they are currently on 87 so we are rapidly approaching the 30th nightly release and its obviously seen lots of improvements since the first.

The last few nighty releases seems to have cured the wireless of its sleep issues although they weren't individual to cm7 vegacomb had the same problem for some people for a while.

The 3.0 interface is generally better since its designed for a tablet so its looks and handles better on a big screen but 2.3 has some of those improvements. Honestly if CM7 had a built in task switcher like honeycomb I would use it much more as its otherwise very good its the only thing I really miss when I am not using vegacomb as since I use launcher pro I have had scrollable widgets for months so that isn't much of a selling point for me.

You probably know this already, but long pressing the home button allows you to switch between apps.

Really liking cm7. Coming from vegacomb.

Guest WWEpsp

So this ROM can be a replacement for Corvus5??, i really like the honeycomb-like, the only problem is that i need to connect to enterprise wifi. I've read that wifi is not working great, so can anyone confirm EAP Wifi is running?, what about gameloft games? are they working good?

Guest premieral
Not a bad idea, honestly what I would love is if button saviour would do something like that or you could add a shortcut link for that into it save installing an extra program. But its a relatively minor niggle all things considered before trying out vegacomb it wasn't something I even bothered about.

Definitely give CM7 a go I always have a current backup of it that I go back to when I either get fed up with vegacomb or it doesn't do something I need and since they both play well with clockwork its easy to switch between the two.

good advice came back to cm7 and much much improved from even nightly 71 which was last time i used it, thanks for the heads up

Guest le_lutin

Really liking this rom. Slightly has the edge over vegacomb at the moment. Still has a few issues though with wifi dropping and also I'm not sure that the video drivers are right - samurai 2 stutters from time to time.

Apart from that though, I'd recommend giving this rom a go, it's nicely optimized for tablets, unlike honeycomb you can get rid of the bar at the bottom to go fullscreen.

Edit: there also seems to be something wrong with the accelerometer - turbofly 3d not working .

Edited by le_lutin

Guest premieral
Really liking this rom. Slightly has the edge over vegacomb at the moment. Still has a few issues though with wifi dropping and also I'm not sure that the video drivers are right - samurai 2 stutters from time to time.

Apart from that though, I'd recommend giving this rom a go, it's nicely optimized for tablets, unlike honeycomb you can get rid of the bar at the bottom to go fullscreen.

Edit: there also seems to be something wrong with the accelerometer - turbofly 3d not working .

Turbofly3d has never worked with the accelerometer for me on any rom, has it for you

Guest WWEpsp

cant enter in clockworld... have tryed ROM Manager, GScript or even the clockworld install from Paul's post. Right now, dont have any gapps :D

EDIT: OK find it on the Turning OFF menu...

Edited by WWEpsp

Guest casey99
cant enter in clockworld... have tryed ROM Manager, GScript or even the clockworld install from Paul's post. Right now, dont have any gapps :D

I had this problem yesterday, I ended up re-flashing with stock ROM, re-installing CWM and reboot program then making sure I had CM7 and gapps on my sd card I flashed CM7 then gapps before rebooting.

There was still no market installed so I went to android market and tried to download a program, then the market automatically installed itself, no idea how this happened.

Although I like the similarity to VegaComb I found CM7 a little too unstable for daily use and went back to Fuji Vega 0.7.

Guest warriorscot

Easiest way to install gapps is just letting rom manager do it automatically.

You have to make sure to do a full wipe when you install it leaving even the slightest trace of another rom on there really does a number on CM7 I have found. I haven't had any performance issues with Samurai II.

Don't know what clockworld is so cant help with that.

Guest HunteronX
Easiest way to install gapps is just letting rom manager do it automatically.

You have to make sure to do a full wipe when you install it leaving even the slightest trace of another rom on there really does a number on CM7 I have found. I haven't had any performance issues with Samurai II.

Don't know what clockworld is so cant help with that.

I'm sure that WWEpsp just means 'clockwork' (as in clockworkmod recovery) instead of 'clockworld'.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest RexMundo

How are you guys finding the wifi?

Mine drops when machine goes on standby for some time and wont reconnect.

Sometimes switching wifi on/off works.. sometimes it doesnt.

Guest le_lutin

Same for me. I downloaded an app from the market called "blade wifi fix ". I think this might resolve the issue. Currently testing it out.

Guest le_lutin
Turbofly3d has never worked with the accelerometer for me on any rom, has it for you

I thought it did on vegacomb... I might be wrong though.

Guest warriorscot

Link2SD comes with it I think at least the earlier versions did.

If you can't enter clockwork something a little deeper might be wrong might be worth a fresh install from scratch just to clear out any bugs that can creep in after a while. Did you try the option to boot to recovery in the power menu in my experience its always the only method that has always worked(at least since they fixed it).

The wifi thing happened to me the blade fix helps but not completely and turning on and off always fixed it and changing the sleep setting always on usually helps. But for me that bug stopped in Nightly 86 for some reason.

Guest Cardblower

Hi,

using the latest nightly provided by Mad Murdoch I'm finding I lose my "downloaded apps" list from the market app.

When I go into the market and look at "My Apps", it simply states no downloaded apps!

I've had a look and other people are suffering from this, although I've not been able to find a cure.

I've performed an upgrade from previous CM7 versions - that doesn't help, performed a full wipe and re-installed - that didn't help, and I've even started over completely by wiping the SD card completely, loading the Official Vega firmware, re-installing CWM, then re-installing CM7 - still the same.

Does anyone have a working fix for this?

regards

Andy.

Guest premieral
Hi,

using the latest nightly provided by Mad Murdoch I'm finding I lose my "downloaded apps" list from the market app.

When I go into the market and look at "My Apps", it simply states no downloaded apps!

I've had a look and other people are suffering from this, although I've not been able to find a cure.

I've performed an upgrade from previous CM7 versions - that doesn't help, performed a full wipe and re-installed - that didn't help, and I've even started over completely by wiping the SD card completely, loading the Official Vega firmware, re-installing CWM, then re-installing CM7 - still the same.

Does anyone have a working fix for this?

regards

Andy.

As you rightly say it is a known issue and so far no fix but i downloaded the market apk file and overinstalled this and it worked for a while then when it goes again i just go to settings/manage apps and uninstall it then just click on the market icon on the homescreen which then reloads all the data again and hey presto they are back for another few hours.

sorry not technical enough to be able to tell you why they go but at least you can get them back :D

Guest sab2000

same here, even the wifi fix not helping...... :D

Guest warriorscot

Have you tried a clean install sometimes if you don't fixed bugs can carry over I havent had the market issue and the wifi issue for me at least was fixed in a previous nightly(86 or 87).

The server for building nightlies is broken they fixing so we will just have to hold on a while or use what murdoch provides.

Guest add.thebad
Have you tried a clean install sometimes if you don't fixed bugs can carry over I havent had the market issue and the wifi issue for me at least was fixed in a previous nightly(86 or 87).

The server for building nightlies is broken they fixing so we will just have to hold on a while or use what murdoch provides.

looks like its back up now

Guest add.thebad

looks like its back up now

Guest Alexzandro

Hello everybody

recently bought this new hardware (MOBII TEGRA POV) and went through upgrading to stock 1.10, rooting, installing visionary as first, than tried 2 nightlies and I am actually as you see in my signature.

One annoying bug is I erroneously checked 'airplane ' mode and now I can't get rid of the airplane instead of the ( not working) phone signal indicator, nevertheless WIFI is correctly working. Tried one or two reboots.

I have to report ( only for information's sake) that OC to 1400 MHZ lead me this morning to obtain a report of 4464 on Smartbench 2011, as per attached file

It is as always a pleasure and a true honor being part of this community.

Regards

post-721575-1307277832_thumb.jpg

Guest add.thebad
Hello everybody

recently bought this new hardware (MOBII TEGRA POV) and went through upgrading to stock 1.10, rooting, installing visionary as first, than tried 2 nightlies and I am actually as you see in my signature.

One annoying bug is I erroneously checked 'airplane ' mode and now I can't get rid of the airplane instead of the ( not working) phone signal indicator, nevertheless WIFI is correctly working. Tried one or two reboots.

I have to report ( only for information's sake) that OC to 1400 MHZ lead me this morning to obtain a report of 4464 on Smartbench 2011, as per attached file

It is as always a pleasure and a true honor being part of this community.

Regards

its allways nice to see you device at the top of the list isnt it ! :D