[It's finally here!] Printed screen protectors to cover "San Francisco" print

Guest john.smith

Guest The Soup Thief

Great! I'll buy a few with or without the branding

Would probably prefer without, given the choice, but note wbaw's comments about the use of Norad typeface and the Android text

I bought some of the android stickers to cover my Orange logo and, tbh, it now looks a bit naff - I fear the android on these screen protectors might do too, but I'd rather that than the San Francisco label as it stands

Guest iKrautDroid

I don't know.wu

I think sticking stickers on gadgets makes them look like cheap happy meal toys!

San Francisco is not my favorite thing to be printed on my phone but it looks somewhat elegant!

Guest mickey megabyte

i'm wondering why the stickers are so big - they seem to cover the whole screen.

android_sticker2.jpg

surely you only need the top couple of centimetres...i suppose they can charge more for a full length sticker. :D

i also don't really like the robot - the text looks cooler on its own - not that i'm that bothered by vanilla branding really.

Guest Ron=)
i'm wondering why the stickers are so big - they seem to cover the whole screen.

surely you only need the top couple of centimetres...i suppose they can charge more for a full length sticker. :D

Because it is a screen protector too.

Guest Fairlight2x

I would rather have word Blade than Android. I think the Android logotype looks horrible. Here is my design I knocked up in Photoshop. (I didn't design the font, it was a free one)

Blade.png

I don't know.wu

I think sticking stickers on gadgets makes them look like cheap happy meal toys!

San Francisco is not my favorite thing to be printed on my phone but it looks somewhat elegant!

When made / applied correctly, they are as good as invisible. If I handed you my OSF and let you have a go with it, you wouldn't notice it had a protector covering the whole front unless I told you or you had a very close look around the edges.

Edited by Roph

Guest stylezuk

They look cool gotta agree with others would be better without android mascot on there, liking Fairlight2x's design also notice they have the second whole for light sensor "don't need that" :D

Defo would buy a set when made available.

Guest john.smith

Personally I like Fairlight2x's design better (without the Android robot)!

I have also passed the message regarding the brand guidelines of "Android" usage to SOHOGOPHER.

Fairlight2x, may I please ask your permission to reproduce it, in case there is a chance to make that into a real product?

If anyone's interested, please feel free to suggest more designs and see the possibility of making them.

There is an official ZTE blade logo.

You can find it here:

http://wwwen.zte.com.cn/en/press_center/ne...108_194339.html

It's this:

W020101108602117583674.jpg

The fourm have created a high res non-gradient version.

It can be found here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...o/#entry1517520

Guest Fairlight2x
Personally I like Fairlight2x's design better (without the Android robot)!

Fairlight2x, may I please ask your permission to reproduce it, in case there is a chance to make that into a real product?

Permission granted :D I like the one with Android robot myself, the text version looks a but dull, maybe it needs a hint of colour. Not sure what colour would be appropriate to the blade though. If they can make the text in silver like the OSF then it would look much better than white or grey. Anyway, I will try to come up with some variations of it tonight.

Guest clear sky
I would rather have word Blade than Android. I think the Android logotype looks horrible. Here is my design I knocked up in Photoshop. (I didn't design the font, it was a free one)

Blade.png

this is superb. much much much better than the one with the green android.

Guest technomonkey

Nice one. I've been hoping someone would do a screen protector that covers the San Francisco wording since day 1. I would be happy with one that say Blade or a plain black one :D

Guest Vyker

Just to make sure its not overlooked, although I'm sure you all know.

There are 2 sensors beside the speaker that will need to have light allowed through from the protector.

So if the protector is to have black all over the top [like the prototype] then that wouldn't work I don't think.

Guest The Soup Thief
Just to make sure its not overlooked, although I'm sure you all know.

There are 2 sensors beside the speaker that will need to have light allowed through from the protector.

So if the protector is to have black all over the top [like the prototype] then that wouldn't work I don't think.

AARGH! Can't believe I didn't think of that!

Schoolboy error! Thanks Vyker - seriously, it's a good job there's someone here with their brain switched on

The black section would need to stop about 6mm before the top of the face of the phone (ie just above the San Francisco text) or there would be all kinds of obvious consequences of using this

Guest Rotmann

I'd buy a few if Fairlight2x's version only with blade without the robot would be available. The written "android" is cool too but without the big robot, it's a kitsch.

The photograph of the prototype shows a hole cut out for the sensors.

Guest martinhy

it looks good with the word at the right corner, but the green android robot seems too "outstanding".. and a bit childish.

i'd prefer a pattern wif darker colour

Guest eirlysbill

+1 for the one with the Blade logo (designed by Fairlight2x). With or without the robot it looks nice. I'd order when available

Edited by eirlysbill

I'd buy a few if Fairlight2x's version only with blade without the robot would be available. The written "android" is cool too but without the big robot, it's a kitsch.

Seconded, I really like Fairlight2x's Blade only version.

I bought one of those and its only semi transparent i can still see my orange logo through the back

The one I bought from the same seller is fine from a normal viewing distance, you have to look very closely to see the logo through it, especially if you have a jelly case on top.