Chocolate and stock kernels 2.2 for LCR-F and t&l roms

Guest wfd

I just put the dhd.ko ( extracted from t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.08.zip) back to /system/etc/wifi, but wifi is still broken :)

If you want to rollback to stock or keera kernel, you need to remount filesystem to rw mode, replace /system/etc/wifi/dhd.ko to original one and set mode 644 on it.

Then reboot for sure. :)

Guest Kirdy
If you want to rollback to stock or keera kernel, you need to remount filesystem to rw mode, replace /system/etc/wifi/dhd.ko to original one and set mode 644 on it.

Then reboot for sure. :)

yes, it worked by set mode RW-R--R--(644))~~thanks~~ :)

Guest jayziac
Sorry - whats a Chocolate kernel?

[i know what a vanilla kernel is]

I'm guessing it's a compiled kernel from Acer released source code instead of a binary kernel from the ROM. Since it's compiled from source code, it can be modified with multitouch fixes and other customizations.

Guest MODDGG

Just FYI, it seems that some programs that sample sound do not work also with Chocolate.

For instance, the guitar tuner, GStrings Lite does not work with LCRF 2.0 + Chocolate but it works with vanilla LCRF 2.0.

As I said it is just FYI.

Edited by MODDGG

Guest JF-Gino ld
Its almost fixed, I need some time to finish and tests.

Perfect!, This fix will make this the best kernel out.

If only there was a way to improve on battery with this kernel as well?

Also, I can not overclock my device with this kernel without constant re-boots - never had this problem with any other kernel.

I use to have my liquid clocked at 921 all the time. Now it just reboots everytime I load a program or even get a phone call.

(anyone else get this only with Choco kernel??) - If this was working, I would not see a reason to use any other kernel.

Guest gedzju
Perfect!, This fix will make this the best kernel out.

If only there was a way to improve on battery with this kernel as well?

Also, I can not overclock my device with this kernel without constant re-boots - never had this problem with any other kernel.

I use to have my liquid clocked at 921 all the time. Now it just reboots everytime I load a program or even get a phone call.

(anyone else get this only with Choco kernel??) - If this was working, I would not see a reason to use any other kernel.

I think you do smthng wrong because for me all works perfect except headsets. But explain me what is difference with multitouch fix ?

Guest JF-Gino ld
I think you do smthng wrong because for me all works perfect except headsets. But explain me what is difference with multitouch fix ?

Multitouch in froyo for liquid had a bug where if you used 2 fingers (ie, playing a game) the screen would not be accurate to the position of your fingers.

Most kernels include a fix for this, but sometimes the fixes cause other touch calibrated issues.

This Kernel has the best touch calibration and MT solution I have personally tested - I believe that 'wfd' is working on improving MT & others biased on Choco Kernel.

BTW, not sure what Im doing wrong with OC... This just remains to be the only Kernel that I cant OC with. Its super strange why?

Edited by JF-Gino ld

Guest kloklo

Amazing kernel. I use it with t&l v0.3d.14 with Acer UI and the improvement is outstanding. Even when I use live wallpapers there is no more than 2-3 seconds of delay before it starts running smoothly. I didn't have any problems with OC on my liquid. I installed SetCPU right after flashing the kernel and tested with 1075Mhz stable for a couple of days(currently I'm running at 998Mhz). Games and internet pages with flash contents(stock browser) run much more smoothly than before. Great work, waiting for the headset fix :)

Guest jdouce
Amazing kernel. I use it with t&l v0.3d.14 with Acer UI and the improvement is outstanding.

Has any one run a quadrant benchmark. I know its not the be all and end all, but it'd be nice to know.

Guest fear_factory84
I don't test it with MIUI, probably not.

surely not and miui already uses a chocolate kernel which is based on similar source code....

Guest Alvan Yap
How do you get so good results ?? :)

just flash the patch for quadrant and the score can get tis easily, with OC+data2sd it can up to 2000++ as well

battery LED is blinking really fast while charging,

is it a bug?

Its not a bug, its a feature :)

Try choco-stock boots from first post, there is normal blinking.

Guest Winston Ma
Its not a bug, its a feature :)

Try choco-stock boots from first post, there is normal blinking.

Hi I tried the new Stock + Choco kernel on T&L. It runs.

I just have a quick question.

1. Is 883MHz the max?

2. Rithchen posted the chocolate_fix1.zip. Is the latest T&L based on this one?

Thanks wfd. Thanks community.

Hi I tried the new Stock + Choco kernel on T&L. It runs.

I just have a quick question.

1. Is 883MHz the max?

2. Rithchen posted the chocolate_fix1.zip. Is the latest T&L based on this one?

Thanks wfd. Thanks community.

1. Currently yes.

2. Rithchen's based on chocolate with patches from stock, my based on stock with patches from chocolate :-)

Edited by wfd