Chocolate and stock kernels 2.2 for LCR-F and t&l roms

Guest wfd

Here is couple of liquid-chocolate kernels compiled for froyo, tested with LCR-F and t&l roms based on 4.008.08 and 4.002.14.

T&L:

Packages updated.

Added tun.ko module

With app2sd

WITHOUT app2sd

LCR-F:

LCR-F 2.0 (works with app2sd and without)

- Improved 3D performance

- Multitouch fix

- cifs.ko, nls_utf8.ko, tun.ko, ramzswap.ko modules included

- OC

Issues:

Wired headset not working.

Stock kernels with patches from chocolate:

- MT with deadzones fix

- Fast dormancy patch

- 3D acceleration fix

This pack contains two boots for T&L rom with and without app2sd. Choose the one you need.

t_l_choco-stock_boots.zip

LCR-F:

lcrf20_choco-stock.zip

Thanks to thepasto, koudelka, roggin for their work and consultations!

Don't forget about nandroid!

Enjoy! :D

Edited by wfd

Guest zorginho

very good!! finally chocolate kernel for stock based roms...

EDIT: can i use the liquid settings app to activate the compcache and set the screen sensitivity?

Edited by zorginho

Guest fear_factory84
Here is couple of liquid-chocolate kernels compiled for froyo, and tested with t&l roms based on 4.008.08 and on on 4.002.14.

With app2sd

WITHOUT app2sd

Tomorrow will be the kernels for LCR-F 2.0

Thanks to thepasto, koudelka, roggin for their work and consultations!

Don't forget about nandroid!

Enjoy! :D

Great job! Thank you..

Do you have modified koud sources or are the ones from koudelka's github? If so could you please upload your patch to that source tree?

Some weeks ago I tried to build kernel from that sources with no luck.. sources are not changed too much so I'm curious to know how you did it!

Could you please upload also your .config?

Will this work with fear_4.008.08?

I believe it is similar to T&L4.008.08 but I am not sure.

fear_4.008 and t&l.08 are very similar. They differ in software selection installed by default and some tweaks like repacking pngs on apks present on t&l.

working on fear_4.008.08! data wifi oc mt fix and app2sd working, need to test only BT and sensors

bt should work if brcm_patchram_plus binary is on ramdisk and loaded at boot.. if not, you won't have bluetooth headset working. I should unpack that boot.img and check it in the next days..

regards!

Great job! Thank you..

Do you have modified koud sources or are the ones from koudelka's github? If so could you please upload your patch to that source tree?

Some weeks ago I tried to build kernel from that sources with no luck.. sources are not changed too much so I'm curious to know how you did it!

Could you please upload also your .config?

fear_4.008 and t&l.08 are very similar. They differ in software selection installed by default and some tweaks like repacking pngs on apks present on t&l.

bt should work if brcm_patchram_plus binary is on ramdisk and loaded at boot.. if not, you won't have bluetooth headset working. I should unpack that boot.img and check it in the next days..

regards!

Yes, its from koudelka's github, but without latest roggin's sensors patches, because it cause prox sensor not working in froyo. Plus some minor changes in wifi module makefile and in .config enabled vmsplit 2G, because with 3G system crashed after receiving sms.

Here is the config.

working on fear_4.008.08! data wifi oc mt fix and app2sd working, need to test only BT and sensors

BT works perfectly with jabra bt303.

Prox sensor works fine.

There is reports about some strange behavior of light sensor, but I never used it, and IMHO it looks like everything is ok :D

Guest fpbasilio
excuse me for my ignorance but can someone explain what's this kernel about?? :D

+1 ... does chocolate kernel make the liquid "sweeter"? hihi :-)

Guest siwahem

Wired headset not working B)

Not sure if light sensor is really working as using sensor test app it shows a value of 480 when light is low and jumps to max (about 2500) when there is a bit more light. Can't really see the screen auto brightness working either.

Otherwise, everything else works and smooth. great job :D

Guest fear_factory84
BT works perfectly with jabra bt303.

Prox sensor works fine.

There is reports about some strange behavior of light sensor, but I never used it, and IMHO it looks like everything is ok :D

have you tested a phone call? ad2p works also without brcm_patchram_plus initialization.......

+1 ... does chocolate kernel make the liquid "sweeter"? hihi :-)

the only advantage is that it does have a better video driver (gl acceleration)..

Wired headset not working :D

Not sure if light sensor is really working as using sensor test app it shows a value of 480 when light is low and jumps to max (about 2500) when there is a bit more light. Can't really see the screen auto brightness working either.

Otherwise, everything else works and smooth. great job B)

sensors have many problems on all roms based on chocolate kernel, so definitely until someone fixes drivers, we have no luck.

Wired headset problem were present also with old custom kernels by phh, but someone managed to solve that, I don't remember how, a deep search on this forum could be very useful to know at least if someone fixed that ;)

Anyone could test sygic aura with choco kernel and t&l or fear_4.008? With standard kernel it doesn't work..

Guest treyguitar

I can confirm light and prox sensors problems.

For light sensor lowest value is higher than stock kernel, choco one starting from 98 lux stock starting from 6.1 lux.

Proximity is like a switch on choco values starting from 0 to 26404.0, in stock one values go from 419 to 26404.

I've noticed some battery drain issues too, my battery's gone from 80% to 66% in something like 10 minutes in idle B)

Thanks anyway for the effort :D

Guest vikings123
I can confirm light and prox sensors problems.

For light sensor lowest value is higher than stock kernel, choco one starting from 98 lux stock starting from 6.1 lux.

Proximity is like a switch on choco values starting from 0 to 26404.0, in stock one values go from 419 to 26404.

I've noticed some battery drain issues too, my battery's gone from 80% to 66% in something like 10 minutes in idle B)

Thanks anyway for the effort :D

Yes, it does drain faster than original T&L ROM.

Guest treyguitar

Everyone with fear_4.008.08 rom who wants to come back from chocolate kernel to stock V5 keera kernel will find broken wifi. You'll have to delete and then push dhd.ko from the original rom zip (located in /system/etc/wifi).

Edited by treyguitar

Guest Kirdy
Everyone with fear_4.008.08 rom who wants to come back from chocolate kernel to stock V5 keera kernel will find broken wifi. You'll have to delete and then push dhd.ko from the original rom zip (located in /system/etc/wifi).

I just put the dhd.ko ( extracted from t_l_Gingerbread_Edition.08.zip) back to /system/etc/wifi, but wifi is still broken :)

any solution else? thanks~~