[ROM] New CM6.1 Roggin/Dario93 V2

Guest Dario93

Guest dontakeshit
I have exactly the same problem, also the market is not working, it can download but is unable to install most of the applications.

Tomorrow I will try to investigate a little bit deeper with adb.

Yeah, I haven't been able to figure it out. Went back to my old rom. It's a shame because I really like this CM6.1, but with the market issues it's not suitable for everyday use imo.

Guest ikirt
Yeah, I haven't been able to figure it out. Went back to my old rom. It's a shame because I really like this CM6.1, but with the market issues it's not suitable for everyday use imo.

I have fixed the Market issue on my phone.

The problem I was having is that the dalvik-cache was on the /cache partition which was only 41MB with under a MB of free space.

What I did was delete the symlink from /data/dalvik-cache, move /cache/dalvik-cache to /data/dalvik-cache, then symliked /data/dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache.

rm /data/dalvik-cache; mv /cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache; rm -rf /cache/dalvik-cache; busybox ln -s /data/dalvik-cache /cache/dalvik-cache

Afterwards:

Still plenty of space on the data partition.

I'm curious as to why this is any issue for a select few.

Edited by ikirt

Guest gst0098
I have fixed the Market issue on my phone.

The problem I was having is that the dalvik-cache was on the /cache partition which was only 41MB with under a MB of free space.

What I did was delete the symlink from /data/dalvik-cache, move /cache/dalvik-cache to /data/dalvik-cache, then symliked /data/dalvik-cache to /cache/dalvik-cache.

rm /data/dalvik-cache; mv /cache/dalvik-cache /data/dalvik-cache; rm -rf /cache/dalvik-cache; busybox ln -s /data/dalvik-cache /cache/dalvik-cache

Afterwards:

Still plenty of space on the data partition.

I'm curious as to why this is any issue for a select few.

Yesss ! That was the problem, I found it myself and afterwards read this one, anyway my solution is little bit different, looking inside the dalvik-cache I found some big files related to (for me) unwanted applications present under /system/app folder, so I deleted them, I wiped dalvik-cahe with malez recovery, rebooted and voila' ... now I have 12 megabyte free space on dalvik-cache and I'm again able to install applications.

Thanks to Dario for this great ROM, and ... as pointed out in another thread (I don't remember from who) the killer hint for who has proximity sensor problems is to check the option "Always use sensor". For me it worked and now the sensor is working good.

Guest endamaco

It's seems that the battery drain is much higher than with a stock rom.. What about you?

(I've have the same app than before and compcache disabled)

Guest Dario93
It's seems that the battery drain is much higher than with a stock rom.. What about you?

(I've have the same app than before and compcache disabled)

Mmhh, I can't say it with precision because the last time I used a stock rom was...last year! :)

However, with 3G/sync always on,messaging a bit,surfing the net quite a lot and tweeting, I have to recharge my battery every night... This is heavy use.but maybe battery drain is a bit high,I'm working on this :)

Guest Dario93
Someone know how to get the "new" market?... This seems to be an old version converning the UI.

ATM I can't get to install in the ROM the updated market app,it force closes when you launch it... can someone provide a logcat of FCing new market? Thanks! :)

Guest endamaco

Hi Dario for the market issue I've flashed via recovery this http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6765157/2.3.2_market.zip and it works like a charm..

For the battery: during a call I've lost something like 7% in 10 minutes I think so I've disabled proximity sensor (hoping it will better the next call), then I've disabled auto brigthness.. seems to be a bit better but it's still quite much (too much compared to stock)..

thanks for all :))

Guest endamaco

Other issue: a couple of minute after having transferred a file via usb cable sd card will be unmounted and I have to reboot..

Another thing: sometimes when starting the phone I will asked twice for pin of sim, the second time is not the normal way of inserting the pin and it won't accept my pin, I can click on skip and it will ok.. no problem but it's a bit strange

Guest Dario93
ok.. now sd card is continuosly unmounting.. solution?

First of all thanks for the market you linked :)

Secondly,I don't have this sdcard issues,so I can't help very much... :) Here I can transfer files without any problems!

Guest endamaco

ok don't worry..

Maybe I'm wrong but I remember some times ago to read something around some thread speaking about an app that helps when sd is unmounted..

Anyway another tip: update launcher pro 'cause 0.8.4.1 is out

Guest Dr. Robert Chase
Maybe I'm wrong but I remember some times ago to read something around some thread speaking about an app that helps when sd is unmounted..

about Multi Mount SD-Card maybe?

Guest ikirt
Other issue: a couple of minute after having transferred a file via usb cable sd card will be unmounted and I have to reboot..

I am seeing something similar. After a couple minutes of being connected via adb, connection drops. adb devices, shows there is a device, but cannot connect.

Seeing what I can find in the logs...

update: after reboot, I cannot reproduce

Edited by ikirt

Guest fpbasilio

had to revert back to t&l.08 after having problems with unable to install apps(market and other sources), restoring apps and data with titanium backup (restoring wifi access points breaks the wifi and some apps cant be restored) and the other problems other users are reporting on this thread. looking forward to next release though :)

Guest endamaco

I've noticed that using the gingerbread keyboard is much worse than using it on stock rom (it was with choco kernel)

Someone with the same issue? (lack of precision and I've to type slower otherwise some letters aren't typed)

Guest yapa73
I've noticed that using the gingerbread keyboard is much worse than using it on stock rom (it was with choco kernel)

Someone with the same issue? (lack of precision and I've to type slower otherwise some letters aren't typed)

Use lowmem-strict value and ok ;-)

Guest Dario93
where I have to set this option??

What does it do?

Install "AutoKiller" from Market and select "Strict" setting. It will change the mem-minfree values,forcing Froyo to stop apps that run in background until the free memory is the one specified in the preset :)

Guest yapa73
where I have to set this option??

What does it do?

[En] open terminal emulator, tipe "su", tipe "lowmem-strict"

[it] scusa ma in inglese sono una chiavica.

apri il terminal emulator, e digita prima "su", poi digita "lowmem-strict" basta... ha me da quando uso quel valore al lowmem, è tutto più fluido. Se hai problemi ci sentiamo su skype.

Excuse for bad english ,all people.