CM7 Stable (7.0) is out :)

Guest goatee

Guest Superfuzz

Silly question just to be sure: do I really need to install ROM Manager in order to install CM7? I have already Clockworkmod 3.x.x.x installed and that should do it, right?

Guest Frankish
Silly question just to be sure: do I really need to install ROM Manager in order to install CM7? I have already Clockworkmod 3.x.x.x installed and that should do it, right?

That's fine rom manager is not needed infact i detest it.

Guest johnothehut

I really wanted to move to CM7 and use this as a daily runner but the menu/transitions are way too slow on my Gen 1 OLED. I tried restarting a few times but things didn't improve.

Is there a known fix for this? Apologies if this has been asked a million times.

Cheers,

Guest targetbsp
That's fine rom manager is not needed infact i detest it.

Rom Manager is awesome! You press a button and it downloads your rom, backs up your old one, flashes the new one. It's the ultimate in convenience. What's not to like? :)

Guest heavyduty00

accelerometer and everything else working fine..

i rebooted a few times after i installed and it went smoothly.

not sure about gps since i dont use it

battery life is pretty good as well

1st time im using cyanogen, find it much faster than ss rls4

Guest m1k33d

i tried it again... and (after few minutes of customization) it's great... it has few bugs, but nothing serious :)

and battery life looks fantastic...

Edited by m1k33d

Guest mrcake
I really wanted to move to CM7 and use this as a daily runner but the menu/transitions are way too slow on my Gen 1 OLED. I tried restarting a few times but things didn't improve.

Is there a known fix for this? Apologies if this has been asked a million times.

Cheers,

Try setting window and transition animations to fast in spare parts.

Guest swordtail

Anybody having issues with Music playback? I use mine for 12 hours a night listening to music to get me through the nightshift and I keep getting what I would describe as stutter the same as you would get if the Cpu was maxed out and there was nothing left to run the Music app does it every minute or so.I tried Poweramp and get the exact same problem so I know it's not the actual app I'm using.

using gen1 OLED 512mb

Edited by swordtail

Guest Michealtbh
Anybody having issues with Music playback? I use mine for 12 hours a night listening to music to get me through the nightshift and I keep getting what I would describe as stutter the same as you would get if the Cpu was maxed out and there was nothing left to run the Music app does it every minute or so.I tried Poweramp and get the exact same problem so I know it's not the actual app I'm using.

using gen1 OLED 512mb

Yepp, I can confirm this stutter while music playback. But to me it is only occurring when simultaniously surfing the web.

Try raising your minimum clock speed

Guest fallenangel32

in 2.2 (swedish) kernel is 2.6.32.9 and in CM7 2.3.3 is the same...why?they just put some custom UI and menus thats all? its CM7 a 2.3.3 edition or a 2.3.3 "like" edition???

and why they say is stable?i installed and compare to swedish it has bugs in my blade!!!so i returned to 2.2

its a good try but i dont thing that is for daily use.

Guest Sunshineslo
in 2.2 (swedish) kernel is 2.6.32.9 and in CM7 2.3.3 is the same...why?they just put some custom UI and menus thats all? its CM7 a 2.3.3 edition or a 2.3.3 "like" edition???

and why they say is stable?i installed and compare to swedish it has bugs in my blade!!!so i returned to 2.2

Which are the bugs that bother you?

Share more info, because I am also thinking on moving to CM7.

Guest fallenangel32

the scrolling is terrible,no tethering,no market,adw launcher too byggy i prefer the stock home screen,i m realy good with 2.2 swedish.just backup your rom and see for your self.i dont know u might like it.and if you dont just go back to your prev rom

Guest Fou-lu
the scrolling is terrible,no tethering,no market,adw launcher too byggy i prefer the stock home screen,i m realy good with 2.2 swedish.just backup your rom and see for your self.i dont know u might like it.and if you dont just go back to your prev rom

you have to flash gapps.zip for market, ADW can be removed easily, change to stock gingerbread from market then it's nice and smooth..

ADW EX is also very fast, you can change the speeds in spare parts/adequate settings, 2.3 is blazing fast once setup properly.

Edited by Fou-lu

Try raising your minimum clock speed

Hmm. Both clock speeds are stock, 245/600. Any suggestions what speed would be appropriate? Or is this a matter of try and error?

Guest johnothehut
Try setting window and transition animations to fast in spare parts.

Thanks, this improved things slightly. I also found that using wallapers from the SD card was slowing down the homescreen transitions.

The main menu transitions are still really sluggish although maybe someone has tips on configuring the clock speeds?

GPS seems to be fine, tested it on a 30 min drive. Can't comment on battery life yet.

Guest gusthy

No, it is 2.3.3.

Kernel is just one thing, 2.3(.3) is able to run on .32 kernel.

Under the hood there are many differences, among other things, it supports more APIs than 2.2 (2.2 is API level 8, 2.3.3 is API level 10).

Here are the differences between 2.2 and 2.3.3:

http://www.differencebetween.com/differenc...-android-2-3-3/

Guest fallenangel32
No, it is 2.3.3.

Kernel is just one thing, 2.3(.3) is able to run on .32 kernel.

Under the hood there are many differences, among other things, it supports more APIs than 2.2 (2.2 is API level 8, 2.3.3 is API level 10).

Here are the differences between 2.2 and 2.3.3:

http://www.differencebetween.com/differenc...-android-2-3-3/

kernel ist not "one thing" its a very important element of the OS,but ok i dint like 2.3.3,you can like it.i just mentioned wthat my "problems"are with this edition of 2.3.3

Guest gusthy
kernel ist not "one thing" its a very important element of the OS,but ok i dint like 2.3.3,you can like it.i just mentioned wthat my "problems"are with this edition of 2.3.3

It is not about liking or not liking 2.3.3 or whatever, I just wanted to clarify that it is not 2.3.3-like, it is 2.2 with some custom GUI.

Edit: a short comment: kernel is not inherently part of Android, it is theoretically possible to run on other kernels than Linux.

Edited by gusthy