CM7 Stable (7.0) is out :)

Guest goatee

Guest fallenangel32
It is not about liking or not liking 2.3.3 or whatever, I just wanted to clarify that it is not 2.3.3-like, it is 2.2 with some custom GUI.

so i m right its 2.2 with some custom gui,YOU SAID IT

Guest gusthy
so i m right its 2.2 with some custom gui,YOU SAID IT

:) okay, it was a typo:

I meant it is NOT 2.2 with some GUI improvements.

The three most important things for the end users (obviously not the NFC) are the added GUIs, the improvement of native code interface and the improvements for gaming. The latter two are to improve speed of computing-intensive apps.

Edit:

And theoretically the task management is changed that sould have lead to battery improvements.

Edited by gusthy

Guest Fou-lu

as it doesn't mention on first post

DO NOT RESTORE ANY 2.2 USER DATA BACKUP WHEN SWITCHING TO 2.3, APPS BACKED UP ON 2.2(titanium etc) AND RESTORED ON CM7 WILL CAUSE MANY ISSUES..

Any LAG is due to the LAUNCHER not the rom!

two most evident bugs left are

accelerometer and maybe GPS if that hasn't been fixed, that's about it, otherwise fully stable when installed PROPERLY....

Guest Superfuzz

Nice rom but it still needs some ironing. Only running it for a couple of hours now and it already shut down during charging (I had used GPS before that) and there is the occasional menu stuttering (with LauncherPro).

Guest gusthy
Nice rom but it still needs some ironing. Only running it for a couple of hours now and it already shut down during charging (I had used GPS before that) and there is the occasional menu stuttering (with LauncherPro).

+1

It was mentioned in different topics that - since the Blade CM7 development started later than the development for some other phones - the "stable" means the CM7 part, not the Blade part. So really it must not be considered as a really stable system, there are known issues in it.

Guest goatee

I'll add a warning in the first post, but I've had no problems restoring apps backed up in 2.2 using Titanium backup.

as it doesn't mention on first post

DO NOT RESTORE ANY 2.2 USER DATA BACKUP WHEN SWITCHING TO 2.3, APPS BACKED UP ON 2.2(titanium etc) AND RESTORED ON CM7 WILL CAUSE MANY ISSUES..

Any LAG is due to the LAUNCHER not the rom!

two most evident bugs left are

accelerometer and maybe GPS if that hasn't been fixed, that's about it, otherwise fully stable when installed PROPERLY....

Guest qwertymz

Installed from scratch. First of all, THANK YOU.

The GPS bug seems to be fixed for me. Two things to note:

- The phone randomly.. switches off? I'm not sure. It just goes blank and 'dies', and unless I either 1) plug it in to a charger; 2) remove/restore battery, it doesn't work. I'm thinking something's screwed up with my battery settings, so I'll recalibrate tomorrow morning and see if that fixes it.

- When I go in my Amazon UK app and try to see my account/track packages, the app always Force Closes on me. I'm not sure if this is due to CM7 or a problem with the app in general.. could someone confirm?

Once again, thank you guys. I love it.

Guest mr_mufy

Hi people.

I have a problem wsith this rom.

After I install google apps e can't see google market.

I tray install only market app, and I can but I can't install nothing give me always an error.

Any of you have the same problem?

Guest hahawas
Installed from scratch. First of all, THANK YOU.

The GPS bug seems to be fixed for me. Two things to note:

- The phone randomly.. switches off? I'm not sure. It just goes blank and 'dies', and unless I either 1) plug it in to a charger; 2) remove/restore battery, it doesn't work. I'm thinking something's screwed up with my battery settings, so I'll recalibrate tomorrow morning and see if that fixes it.

- When I go in my Amazon UK app and try to see my account/track packages, the app always Force Closes on me. I'm not sure if this is due to CM7 or a problem with the app in general.. could someone confirm?

Once again, thank you guys. I love it.

same here, once the screen went dead, the phone worked as when i held down the power button, it vibrates to shut off but the screen was blank. I had to remove the battery

Guest Fou-lu
same here, once the screen went dead, the phone worked as when i held down the power button, it vibrates to shut off but the screen was blank. I had to remove the battery

try set an alarm and post if you have that problem again with it, some posts said no freeze with alarm set.

Guest Kthulhu

The phone randomly.. switches off? I'm not sure. It just goes blank and 'dies', and unless I either 1) plug it in to a charger; 2) remove/restore battery, it doesn't work. I'm thinking something's screwed up with my battery settings, so I'll recalibrate tomorrow morning and see if that fixes it.

SIMILAR PROBLEM HERE!

I have been used RC3 and RC4 (before I did a ful wipe). Last week I installed CM7 "stable" and some times I put the phone to charge and the phone shuts down.

This is a reported issue: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod/issue...tars%20Priority

The funny thing i sthat it didi not happes with RC4 or RC3, just when upgrade to "stable".

Any case, thanks Devs for all your efforts.

Edited by Kthulhu