[POLL] Do you want to upgrade your Blade to Gen 2?

Guest jayhix

Guest targetbsp

I chose 'unsure' which is as close as I can get to 'i don't especially want to, but I will because CM7 is awesome and I want to keep up to date with it' :)

Guest jayhix

im not trying to bite the hand that feeds, i just dont take kindly to rude responses, which indeed they were, i was asking nicely and i got the response i dont give a s***. well im sorry if thats acceptable. i dont have any more to say on the matter, as far as im concerned there were more polite responses that could have been posted.

regarding the poll, its void now anyway. i have no idea about making a gen1 version of cm7, and i dont plan on upgrading to gen2 any time soon, im more than happy to roll along with nightlys<rc4 which are the true stable versions

I guess the gen1 gen2 debate will continue until there is a more definitive way of switching between the two.

that is all i have to say on this topic, i probably wont comment again. too much hassle.

Does anyone know if when CM7 comes officially to gen2, it will fit in Kallt_Kaffe's 128mb system partition layout? If not, is it possible for those of us who have upgraded already, to alter the partition layout on gen2 to the standard one?

Thanks in advance...

Guest ken218

Missing the option "Already done"

I am currently in Toronto, and I thought upgrading to Gen2 will let me make use of the 850MHz 3G. So I upgraded... But somehow I still couldn't get Rogers 3G signal :)

So I have upgraded for nothing... sigh...

Guest css771
Does anyone know if when CM7 comes officially to gen2, it will fit in Kallt_Kaffe's 128mb system partition layout? If not, is it possible for those of us who have upgraded already, to alter the partition layout on gen2 to the standard one?

Thanks in advance...

Check out this post. I've posted files for a 136 MB /system partition and a short guide for going to gen2. I've found 136 MB is fine for cm7 incl gapps.

Edited by css771

Guest css771

I am currently in Toronto, and I thought upgrading to Gen2 will let me make use of the 850MHz 3G. So I upgraded... But somehow I still couldn't get Rogers 3G signal :)

So 850mhz doesn't actually work? For sure? Then I wonder how it was considered. Well, then there go my plans of carrying the blade to the US later this year.

Check out this post. I've posted files for a 136 MB /system partition and a short guide for going to gen2. I've found 136 MB is fine for cm7 incl gapps.

Thanks for the advice css771; I am liking the look of your partitioning layout. The only problem is I am already on gen2 with clockwork and so I can't see a way I can get FTM mode back and even if I could whether I could then run the Flasher.exe again to go gen2 to gen2 without damaging my IMEI

Any ideas?

**Missing the option "Already done"

I am currently in Toronto, and I thought upgrading to Gen2 will let me make use of the 850MHz 3G. So I upgraded... But somehow I still couldn't get Rogers 3G signal sad.gif

So I have upgraded for nothing... sigh...**

This is rather gutting as it was also my main reason for upgrading.... Could it possibly be that Rogers only allow you to use 3G with one of their own SIMs? Could you perhaps borrow one from a friend or co-worker to test?

Edited by Guest

Guest isambard
**Missing the option "Already done"

I am currently in Toronto, and I thought upgrading to Gen2 will let me make use of the 850MHz 3G. So I upgraded... But somehow I still couldn't get Rogers 3G signal sad.gif

So I have upgraded for nothing... sigh...**

This is rather gutting as it was also my main reason for upgrading.... Could it possibly be that Rogers only allow you to use 3G with one of their own SIMs? Could you perhaps borrow one from a friend or co-worker to test?

That is a shame :)

Not sure when I will get a chance to test it myself. But it would be bad to lost the features for Gen1 and not gain HSUPA and 850mhz. If confirmed, I will probably downgrade again.

That is a shame :)

Not sure when I will get a chance to test it myself. But it would be bad to lost the features for Gen1 and not gain HSUPA and 850mhz. If confirmed, I will probably downgrade again.

I must say the reasons for being on gen2 appear to be vanishing fast... but I thought downgrading wasn't an option because of the IMEI problems?? Or does substituting the channel1.nvm file during the downgrade resolve that issue?

Guest css771
Thanks for the advice css771; I am liking the look of your partitioning layout. The only problem is I am already on gen2 with clockwork and so I can't see a way I can get FTM mode back and even if I could whether I could then run the Flasher.exe again to go gen2 to gen2 without damaging my IMEI

Any ideas?

Basically, you have to do the flashing process again from the beginning, by flashing the stock recovery again, and using a different set of files. Your IMEI will be affected only by going from gen2 to gen1, not by anything else.

Guest hecatae

the new Japanese 2.2 update has a different amss.mbn, I'm running it with no issues, the gen2 upgrade guide uses the sweden 2.2 amss.mbn, I'll test this for a further 24 hours and upload a different update at the weekend

• 11 months later...
Guest wakeup12

Hello,

I got my OSF and rooted (using these instructions) after 1 day (Now it is Gen2 and Running Gingerbread). Now, I realized that there is a hiss coming speaker and headset after sound use (after a music, video is played or app which uses a sound is closed). The hiss remains for 3-4 secs and stops with a click sound. I really didnt like that.

I wonder if the older Gen1 users have the same issue. Actually it is not very noticeable if the volume is down, but I dont understand the reason for this.

Thank you for your replies,