[ROM] new 2.3 rom

Guest rexchun

Guest The Cageybee
Your module seems to be slightly different, but works same.

P.S.:I now tried & had a success to modify or delete files through root explorer only, strange, other file explorer say they can't delete file... What can it be?

Not sure what the problem is. I've managed to delete files using rootexplorer, openintents file manager and the terminal. The only thing I can think is it's either a ownership or or permissions problem.

The share I'm deleting from is owned by root with 777 permissions and I'm logging in as root.

EDIT: Should be pretty obvious from the above, but, my NAS is running linux with samba shares setup. Are your shares on a linux or windows box?

Edited by The Cageybee

Guest simonlp2001
fixed green and red keys and wifi tethering,and screen is no so bad now,other fixed need you to find.

link comes later

http://www.mediafire.com/?6d8d1jxeczchzc9

gapps package comes from blade

http://www.mediafire.com/?1hblv8aagnpazlp

tun.rar is not a flashable zip ,you can use insmod to load tun.ko ,but i don't know whether can use it to connet vpn or not

No google market , pls add it into the update.zip.

No google market , pls add it into the update.zip.

Go to Settings > Accounts, add your Google account and after logging in, Market application will 'magically' show up.

Guest vukodav

Hi rexchun. Thnak you for your effort developing roms for Racer. Thumbs up buddy

Can somebody help me flash my Racer with this rom? What sholud I download beside rom from links above? I'm using rickywyatt 2.1 rom now. Thank you

Guest simonlp2001
Go to Settings > Accounts, add your Google account and after logging in, Market application will 'magically' show up.

Are you sure that ?

Anyway we can use the google app(market is the most important) in other pages.

the rom is great. the battery is good performance.

谢谢你, rexchun 老弟。

Guest simonlp2001
fixed green and red keys and wifi tethering,and screen is no so bad now,other fixed need you to find.

link comes later

tun.rar is not a flashable zip ,you can use insmod to load tun.ko ,but i don't know whether can use it to connet vpn or not

1where can we find the USB configuration?

2 wifi hot (热点设置) no work

Are you sure that ?

Anyway we can use the google app(market is the most important) in other pages.

the rom is great. the battery is good performance.

谢谢你, rexchun 老弟。

Maybe there is misunderstanding. You *have* to install Google apps from separate zip (I see you found it in your other post). But after installing them, Market will not show in list of applications until login. I thought that was your problem.

Guest JPMD69

Hey what happen to rexchun? He seems to be away from this topic... hopefully he is on hollidays!

We can't wait for the new languages and the FM radio back. Please, please, please...

:)

~keep up man!

Guest green_biri
Hi rexchun. Thnak you for your effort developing roms for Racer. Thumbs up buddy

Can somebody help me flash my Racer with this rom? What sholud I download beside rom from links above? I'm using rickywyatt 2.1 rom now. Thank you

I ask for some help too...

Thanks for your support, racer community :)

Guest Dj Fluminee

great rom, but pretty buggy :)

1. Screen not calibrated, when you press v or any key next to v it will trigger one of asqw keys

2. All compass application that i tested are not working, i mean are displaying the north incorrectly

3. No haptic vibration feedback

4. Battery drains so fast..one day working on it and max 2 days in idle

anyway..great effort rexchun..thanks

Edited by Dj Fluminee

Guest JPMD69
I ask for some help too...

Thanks for your support, racer community :)

Green-biri, assuming that the flag in your profile is correct, go to www.androidpt.com, select you TMN softstone device, and the New 2.3 ROOM. Easy instructions can be found on this PT forum.

Best

Guest The Cageybee
I looked at thread you mentioned. I want to know if I need boot.img for this rom, or should I use one I from my old rom?

Boot.img is included in the rexchun 2.3 rom in this thread (1st post)

Guest vukodav
Boot.img is included in the rexchun 2.3 rom in this thread (1st post)

I figured. Sorry for stupid question, and thanks for help.

I'm gping to flash my racer now :)

Not sure what the problem is. I've managed to delete files using rootexplorer, openintents file manager and the terminal. The only thing I can think is it's either a ownership or or permissions problem.

The share I'm deleting from is owned by root with 777 permissions and I'm logging in as root.

EDIT: Should be pretty obvious from the above, but, my NAS is running linux with samba shares setup. Are your shares on a linux or windows box?

Thank you for your reply. I solved this problem. I used mount command in terminal and saw that my share was somehow mounted with file_mode=0755 & dir_mode=0755 parameters. So I added file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 parameters to the "optional" box in the CIFS Manager & now everything is fine, got full access.

Edited by SZK

Guest vukodav

I flashed my racer with rexchun's 2.3 rom. Everything works perfectly thoug thereis a bug with bluetooth and wifi. When I'm using bluetooth and wifi at the same time I'm losing signal strength for both and get disconected. Also I'm losing mobile network connection. I hope there will be solution to this problem.

Keep it up rexchun. Your rom is great

Guest Vlatko25

link comes later

I am using this rom,is ok

Please explain me how to use tun.ko??what is that? !were to find fm radio apk

Guest TigTex
I am using this rom,is ok

Please explain me how to use tun.ko??what is that? !were to find fm radio apk

if you don't know what tun.ko is, that's because you don't need it. There's no radio apk, it's a known limitation.

With this rom, the sound output from my internal speaker is distorted (volume is too high) just like the 2.2 rom before applying 2 files (audiofilters). Also there's no portuguese locale...

Guest Khan Miro

Rexchun, can you please just give us a clue for are you working on something currently, because a lot of people are eagerly waiting for your next work. Thank you.

Guest atsumi99

Hello ..everybody...

I am Japanese.

I bought it in China though X850(racer) was not sold in Japan.

I am using 2.3 ROM (Mr. rexchun and Mr. rickywyatt) mixing it now.

A lot of languages can be used.

With this rom, the sound output from my internal speaker is distorted (volume is too high) just like the 2.2 rom before applying 2 files (audiofilters). Also there's no portuguese locale...

I have the same feeling. Can you give me a link for those audiofilters, I'm not aware of that?

Thank you for your reply. I solved this problem. I used mount command in terminal and saw that my share was somehow mounted with file_mode=0755 & dir_mode=0755 parameters. So I added file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777 parameters to the "optional" box in the CIFS Manager & now everything is fine, got full access.

I have a problem with modules ever since I installed this "2.3 final" (2.3 beta worked perfectly with its modules). Tun.ko is rebooting the phone every time it is accessed and cifs.ko is replying "out of memory". I want to ask you how did you make your CIFS module working? You have this 2.3 and its module or you are using module from Froyo or something else?