Permanent root for 2.2 Blades!

Guest kallt_kaffe

Hi, tried the file and it worked very well. Please excuse me for my real idiotic doubts.

On the settings, I can now see an icon named superuser.

Now that I have permenant root the phone, what all do I do with it?

I use a dell XCD35, presently running 2.2 with 512 Mb ram. I have read about 2.3 ginger bread, but dont really see the necessity for me to upgrade it. Also, read about cyanogenmod.. but honestly couldnt understand much nor could come to the conclusion if I must actually change from 2.2 to that ?

At this point in time, I have only issue with this phone; which is the fact that I cant connect my phone to my vista laptop as it is creating only an Ad Hoc wi fi..

and my xcd35 wont detect Ad Hoc wi fi. Can some one on this forum advice me some easy solutions?

I am such a dumbo with computers that I can hardly edit system files and stuff like that.

Hence can I reqeust anyone posting a solution should try to explain all the steps involved, so that I can comprehend it, ( the first post of this thread was so simple to read and understand that even I could permenant root it.)

Thanks a lot for the rooting program. It was so easy. Thanks again..

Guest Parjanya

rooted beautifully .... thnx a billion .. rooted it on the 13th day after buying dis cell

But please tell me something.The warranty gets void if u root your cell.So if incase i need to get my cell serviced during waranty period DOES UNROOTING THE PHONE WIPE OUT ALL TRACES OF THE PREVIOUS ROOT ??

Guest shubhamcy47

hi all, I ve recently got Dell XCD35 V 2.2. Tried various softwares starting from Universal androot to different versions of z4root. This app when I tap to root that wheel keeps on spinning. I waited for almost 30 min. it didnot work. I restarted the phone and tried again. Also reinstalled the program but nothing seems to be working. Please help me out.

Guest underbeing

"wait for it to reboot": the reboot never happens.

i have a shiny new gen2 blade on 2.3.5 (It says that ... but it looks like and probably is 2.2)

No success with rageagainstthecage either. It has trouble with permissions.

Help! I can't even root the thing!

Thanks

MORE INFO:

I have a very annoying gen 2 blade:

no way of getting into recovery (clockwork or zte) - used to be able to get into zte recovery (which had no useful options!) but can't now.

power and vol(-) - green android never leaves screen

power and vol(+) - normal boot

Recovery Manager - won't run at all

fastboot flash recovery etc - looks ok but after reboot won't reboot into recovery

can't root

z4root - stops without doing anything then freezes on second attempt.

universalandroot - fails

NOT SURE WHAT TO DO NOW - i'd love some ideas please ...

Edited by underbeing

Guest soni_Cent

mate evrthf i did..was perfect and flawless...many thnxx

u did a great job

bt this permanent root thingii

it juss doesnt work , i put the software in SD card and tried running it( while debugging ufcouse) and the format of the software was nt recognised my my xcd35..

any suggestion..

Guest RaoulTeeuwen

Instructions

• Install the apk (put on sd-card and use "Filer")
  • Enable "USB debugging"

Thank you very much. As a noob i 1st thought: what is Filer/where can i find it/what do i need it for? But i see it is in the std applications list on the phone :-).

And to Enable "UBS Debugging" i do

"Turn on "USB Debugging" on your device. On the device, go to Settings > Applications > Development and enable USB debugging (on an Android 4.0 device, the setting is located in Settings > Developer options)."

Edited by RaoulTeeuwen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bradley.rimbleus

this version keeps a copy of the original su and busybox binaries and restores them if you choose to unroot, leaving no visible traces on /system (unless you've modified /system yourself while being rooted)

Thanks for the guide,

Where are these files stored? What are they named?

I want to back them up to my PC.

Edited by bradley.rimbleus

Guest hugligan

Hello!

Have anyone experienced that the program just crashes as im trying to root my blade?

I just bought mine and it came preloaded with android 2.3.5 and this program not the androot does work! idk what to do as the phone is locked to Comviq and i have my number and services by Telia Sonera.

Any ideas? would be deeply appreciated

Thanks

Guest sunny man

I downloaded the zip file and after I extracted it, there were no apk file just two java files?!?

Here's a modified version of z4root where I made some changes to make permanent root work on Blades.

Only tested on official Telia Sonera 2.2 but should work on all 2.2 (and 2.1 Blades).

Included in the zip is the modified z4root app + the only source file I changed.

Original z4root source that was used is the one found here: http://code.google.com/p/z4root/

Instructions

• Enable "USB debugging"
  • Start app and tell it to do a permanent root.
  • Wait for it to reboot your phone.
  • Have fun!

EDIT 2011-04-16: ver2 attached. This version keeps a copy of the original su and busybox binaries and restores them if you choose to unroot, leaving no visible traces on /system (unless you've modified /system yourself while being rooted)

Guest bruno504

Here's a modified version of z4root where I made some changes to make permanent root work on Blades.

Only tested on official Telia Sonera 2.2 but should work on all 2.2 (and 2.1 Blades).

Included in the zip is the modified z4root app + the only source file I changed.

Original z4root source that was used is the one found here: http://code.google.com/p/z4root/

Instructions

• Enable "USB debugging"
  • Have fun!

EDIT 2011-04-16: ver2 attached. This version keeps a copy of the original su and busybox binaries and restores them if you choose to unroot, leaving no visible traces on /system (unless you've modified /system yourself while being rooted)

The 1st tool on this post Panda AV reports as it as a virus! :(

Edited by bruno504

Guest hecatae

The 1st tool on this post Panda AV reports as it as a virus! :(

Is panda anti virus now available on Android? That aside rooting is by exploit which is why panda flags as malicious

Guest bruno504

Hi...

For my SAPO A5 / ZTE blade from TMN (gen2) only worked with z4root.1.3.0.apk

You need "terminal emulator" application to write "su" command?!

also "root explorer" application is recomended to make the changes on this SO.

bye

Instructions

• Enable "USB debugging"
  • Have fun!

Hello!

Have anyone experienced that the program just crashes as im trying to root my blade?

I just bought mine and it came preloaded with android 2.3.5 and this program not the androot does work! idk what to do as the phone is locked to Comviq and i have my number and services by Telia Sonera.

Any ideas? would be deeply appreciated

Thanks

I have EXACTLY same problem as you, i got ZTE Blade 2.3.5 since 2 weeks and i all trick to root ETE Blade seems working only for 2.1 or 2.2).

i need to root the phone to make LBE work.

Thank you for any advice, i tried many kind of tricks posted in different sections, but i guess only someone who already did a rpogram for older version can understand what is wrong..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest C3P001

I just cant get it to work , I click permanent root and see the z4mod logo and a circle and text saying running exploit in order to obtain root access but nothing how long should i leave it ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wsl2011

The file it warns about is this one: http://code.google.com/p/z4root/source/bro...eagainstthecage

It's the exploit used to get root access so that the su binary and Superuser.apk can be installed.

If you google "rageagainstthecage" you'll find a bunch of guides on how to use it to root Android phones using adb.

Actually it does warn you for a good reason. If you were downloading an ordinary app that contained this binary it would most likely be a trojan app. However in this case the goal is to hack the phone.

Thank you, kallt _kaffe. Finally i rooted my v9 2.2 again.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have EXACTLY same problem as you, i got ZTE Blade 2.3.5 since 2 weeks and i all trick to root ETE Blade seems working only for 2.1 or 2.2).

i need to root the phone to make LBE work.

Thank you for any advice, i tried many kind of tricks posted in different sections, but i guess only someone who already did a rpogram for older version can understand what is wrong..

same here i have ZTE atlas w aka zte cool in Turkey. superoneclick etc not working for me . 2.3.5 android. gen2 mrpigg says also android info app says hardware blade2.

also when i try volume - poweron green android logo never goes away and screen freezes. until batary unplugged. but still phone works great.

dont know what to do. tried many things via adb tools too. adroid SDK. host computer is Ubuntu linux.