[BETA] AUDI - Automated USB Driver Installer

Guest simonta

Guest simonta

I've seen this before and it's a pain. Some flakiness in ADB I haven't been able to figure out.

1. Do you have antivirus and/or other rmalware scanners? Try turning them off.

2. Run these commands

adb kill-server

adb kill-server

<open task manager and kill adb.exe (or adb-windows.exe)>

adb start-server

2. Do you know what the Android SDK is? If so, make sure you are using the Modaco drivers and not the SDK ones.

3. Please send a screenie of your device manager showing the ADB driver. It's at the top, Android Phone, click to open then screenshot.

BTW, if you don't log on to XP as an adminstrator, a: congratulations, you're one of the few b: log on as administrator and try again.

Edited by simonta

Guest Diveokidoki

Hi Simon,

I appriciate your work and effort, but my laptop does'nt as the things just dont apear on the screen, or it works better for me seeing some one doing it rather then reading it. I hope that day in june gets of the ground as i see that more beneficial.

cheers,

Jeff

Guest simonta
Awesome worked first time :) - thank you so much, had spent ages trying to install the drivers!

Cool. Enjoy your new Vega :unsure:

Guest simonta
Thinking about it when i first opend the program it didnt download anything(devcon?) Could that bbe my problem

No.

If you can wait a few days, I'll be putting up a new version which creates a log file, that should be able to let me figure out remotely what's going on. If you can't wait, then run AUDI and click delete all Vega drivers. Then click install correct driver.

Alternatively, I could remote connect to your PC and do it for you if you want me to.

Guest buff69

That would be great but i have borrowed me mums laptop and going to give it a go if i have no luck then yes please connect to my laptop and perhaps you can see whats going on i will let you know thanks

Guest buff69

all done now i notice that when using firefox the zip unloading was very quick but i have just used winzip on my mums laptop it was a lot slower but it all has worked it looks like that before the zip files was not unzipping correctly?

Guest simonta
all done now i notice that when using firefox the zip unloading was very quick but i have just used winzip on my mums laptop it was a lot slower but it all has worked it looks like that before the zip files was not unzipping correctly?

Ah, that would do it!

Glad it's all working for you. Cheers

Guest MikePB

Hi,

As a new member, I just wanted to say thanks so much for this driver installer. I have been working with PCs for donkeys years and am pretty familiar with Device Manager, installing drivers and such. However, I spent *hours* trying to get the darned thing working in Windows 7 and eventually gave up and jumped through all the hoops to get an XP virtual machine to get the drivers working properly.

Then yesterday I tried AUDI and well, it just worked first time straight out of the box! I wish I'd found this a fortnight ago, but now I'm all set on W7 - so thank you!

Mike

Guest simonta

Buff69 and Mike.

Thanks for the thanks. Glad it worked for you. Enjoy your Vegas.

Cheers

Simon

You know, I often think about quitting all this but it's those simple thanks and stories of hair not being ripped out that make it all worthwhile.

Guest achromic

Just (finally) installed win 7, and run audi.

Thanks for developing this, it helped install the correct drivers for me :P

Guest thebubblegunman
Hi folks. After spending many, many hours helping people to get their drivers installed, I've decided to try a different approach.

So here is version 0.8.1 of the AUDI, Automatic USB Driver Installer.

PLEASE READ EVEYRYTHING IN THIS POST. I WILL NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS IN POSTS WHICH ARE ANSWERED HERE. Thanks.

[uPDATE] v0.8.1. Fixes an issue with "path not found" errors on AMD64 PCs.

[uPDATE]. v0.8 is in the download link. It now supports XP and Windows 7 64 bit. However, there is a problem with the "what mode am I in?" indicator. It might say that you are not in recovery or ADB mode when in fact you are. If you do see an unexpected result and you want to install the drivers anyway, just go ahead and click "Next Step" and select what you want to do.]

[CAUTION] I have tested this and it doesn't do anything funky but to cover everyones' butt, I've included a system restore point feature. It doesn't do anything except monkey around with plug and play drivers but just to be safe, I recommend that folks create a restore point the first time you use it. If you use the "just do it" option, it will create a restore point anyway[/CAUTION]

Setup

Download from my Dropbox and unzip. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10375731/audi.zip

Run the tool by right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator".

The first time you run it, it will ask for permission to download some files from Microsoft. You should say "Yes".

Using the tool

There are 2 things you need drivers for. Installing the Advent "stock" ROM from MyAdventVega and installing the Modaco Custom ROM from here (or any other install that says you need the "ADB" drivers). Make sure you know which one you need!

In Step 1, select what you are trying to do. Step 2 will show you what state your drivers are in and has an indicator at the end which will be red if there's a problem and green if everything is ready for you to install. I guess because you are here, it will be red :P

Click "Next". This will enable the buttons in Step 3.

Click Part A to create a "system restore point". This is a backup of Windows that will enable you to take your PC back to how it was before you ran this tool in case anything goes wrong (it won't :(). Don't skip this step unless you know what you are doing.

Click Part B. This will remove any existing drivers for the Vega to make sure we start from a clean state (for old hands, this automates what we ask people to do with USBDeview).

Click Part C.

Now select how you would like to install the drivers.

If you don't know what you're doing, just leave this first option selected and click "Do it". The tool includes the latest drivers (as of today) and will automatically install them.

Select the second option if you have your own drivers and specifically want to install them, e.g. the ADB drivers from the SDK.

The third option will search all of your disks for suitable drivers and will prompt you to install for each one it finds. Obviously, if you select one, it will install and the search will stop.

The tool might tell you that the driver is installed before Windows have finished it's work. If it says it has finished but the indicator is still red, just wait for 30 seconds or so. If the tool says the driver is installed but the indicator never turns green, please come back for help.

If you get error 10, "device cannot start" or "daemon started" when you run an installer then nothing else, reboot your Vega and your PC. To reboot a Vega, hold the power button until the menu pops up, then select "Power off" or use an app. If you can't get into your Vega, hold power for at least 6 seconds.

Please remember this is a test version. No matter what, it won't screw up Windows so please do try it.

Please also take the time to report success or failure. I will be actively developing new releases so I need the feedback. I will be especially grateful for anyone who tests on Vista and Win 7 64 bit and reports back.

Finally, if you report a problem, please provide as much detail as possible. Screen shots would be graeat.

Cheers

Simon

If you want to say "thanks", and you do not yet use Dropbox (it's enormously useful, especially with mobile devices), please consider signing up for it using my reference. They give me extra free space if you do :rolleyes:

Thanks Very Much for this, I was struggling with the driver problem but this worked GREAT.... <_<

Guest beepo666

It is a lovely bit of kit mate. :P

I was thinking, if you wanted to make it even better you could convert the main form to a wizard with 3 steps, maybe using MVC for fun with a polymorphic wizard window class... or something. Hey what do I know :rolleyes: If you don't have the time or inclination let me know what language you've written it in and I'd be happy to muppify it for you.

Guest simonta
It is a lovely bit of kit mate. :P

I was thinking, if you wanted to make it even better you could convert the main form to a wizard with 3 steps, maybe using MVC for fun with a polymorphic wizard window class... or something. Hey what do I know :rolleyes: If you don't have the time or inclination let me know what language you've written it in and I'd be happy to muppify it for you.

Cool. It's written in VB.net (VS2010) but I could convert to C# for you if better. I'd love someone to pick this up, as I really don't have time, and PM me for some secret sauce <_<

Guest ThomasAstor

Simon hi

I tried to install a [any] ROM few months ago, but quitted after many tries without succeeded.

You mention that AUDI is designed for Window. Could it work with OSX4?

Now that Vegacomb is there, I would love to try again.

Thanks

Thomas

Guest simonta
Simon hi

I tried to install a [any] ROM few months ago, but quitted after many tries without succeeded.

You mention that AUDI is designed for Window. Could it work with OSX4?

Now that Vegacomb is there, I would love to try again.

Thanks

Thomas

OSX4. Do you mean Mac OSX? If so, no. For Windows only.

Guest simonta

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never-ending line

Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they

Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be gay,

In such a jocund company:

I gazed---and gazed---but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie

In vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils

Guest premieral
And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils

I know bump is easier but what a joy to get some culture on a saturday morning :D

Guest SammyMustDie

Thank you very much for a brilliant piece of software. Solved my ADB problems in seconds after spending an hour this morning trying to fix the problems. Am a bit confused as this is the second Vega that Ive installed the MCR on but didnt have any issues with the first one!

Anyway, what a great bit of software.

Thanks!!!!

Guest simonta
Thank you very much for a brilliant piece of software. Solved my ADB problems in seconds after spending an hour this morning trying to fix the problems. Am a bit confused as this is the second Vega that Ive installed the MCR on but didnt have any issues with the first one!

Anyway, what a great bit of software.

Thanks!!!!

My pleasure. Glad it helped.