[ROM][Temp] CyanogenMod 7 Makeshift Nightly for Gen2

Guest HCDR.Jacob

Guest hecatae
Here's my experience:

Converted to Gen 2 and installed Jacob's makeshift nightly.

First time I tried running Google Maps, the phone crashed and rebooted.

After rebooting, I tried running Google Maps again, but GPS did not activate automatically.

So I exited Google Maps, turned off GPS via the Power Control widget, and turned it back on again.

Since then, GPS has worked perfectly.

So it looks like after flashing, the software gets confused about the GPS initial state. Once you disable and reenable GPS, it works fine.

gps for me activated first time, no issue, oled gen2 blade

Guest San-A

What about the charging shutdown issue most people (which I'm part of) have with latest Gen1 nightlies? Is it still present in this makeshift build? Actually, I'm considering whether reverting to N34 which was the latest build I used before n39 (despite GPS reboot), or going Gen2 already, as this charging shutdown is a no-go for me, my Blade is my main alarm-clock...

Edited by San-A

Guest redironman

My experience:-

Updated GEN1 OLED phone to GEN2

Installed this ROM

Installed Gapps zip

Restored ADW settings and set up phone to my taste.

Observations:-

I no longer see the lockup/reboot while charging/connected to USB

I do not have the post GPS shutdown issue

Yesterday with battery about 18% I had some issues with the screen going black inside apps that continued to work.

The launcher was also taking a long time to update when you pressed "Home". Just got the wallpaper for about 2-3 seconds before the home screen widgets popped up.

I found that if I rotated the device to portrait and back again the black screen was replaced by what I wanted to see.

Also if I used the device in landscape mode I did not see the black screen.

Additional:-

In battery use, history, maps is at the top of partial wake usage with considerable usage even if I have force closed it earlier.

Also sensor usage by android system is quite high - compared to pre CM 7.0 stable, I found N35 about the most stable for me before.

I am going to be using GPS a lot this morning so will report back after that.

initially I got the reboot after seconds of GPS then I disabled then re-enabled GPS from notification widget before using GPS and it worked fine.

I used the GPS on a 200mile round trip and no reboots.

Edited by redironman