Thinking of returning it on repair

Guest Touch Graphite

Guest HugoQueiriga
Read my post - if they ring up the service centre, their system says code 5 so they will swap it for you.

Unfortunately they were unwilling to do that for me, telling me to try another store with engineers.

I also called the number and they said repair , should I mention code 5?

Edited by HugoQueiriga

Guest riggsy
Well, visited local PC World to pick up the' repaired' Vega today. Turns out they have done absolutely nothing and at the same time failed to return my charger therefore I am left with an unusable Vega and unable to demonstrate the problem in store despite asking for temporary replacement charger. In short, I'm far from happy.

As soon as my charger is re-delivered I plan on speaking to the store manager and also demonstrate the problem with the touch panel.

:-(

Quick update, despite several promises of the charger being returned and waiting a couple of weeks, received a phone call on Friday from the Tech team saying that I was entitled to a full replacement as the charger had not been returned within the 28 days period. returned to store Sat morning with Vega and replaced with brand new boxed product. :P

On the screen issue, seems much better than the first vega, no double-taps!! Now a very happy Vega user.

Guest HugoQueiriga
Quick update, despite several promises of the charger being returned and waiting a couple of weeks, received a phone call on Friday from the Tech team saying that I was entitled to a full replacement as the charger had not been returned within the 28 days period. returned to store Sat morning with Vega and replaced with brand new boxed product. :P

On the screen issue, seems much better than the first vega, no double-taps!! Now a very happy Vega user.

That is good to know! I'm still waiting for mine to come back from repair.

Guest Unipete

Took mine in to PC world a couple of weeks ago (after banging my head against numerous walls with the online version of said store and getting nowhere).

Asked if they had any Vega's in stock, (to be told NO), before I presented my faulty touch screen product.

Tech guy was in total agreement that the touchscreen was bu****ed and even agreed the display model in the store was f****d for the same reason. (same batch it seems).

How long have folks who had to send Vegas in for repair had to wait for them to be returned? The stock answer from PC World is 28 days!

Guest HugoQueiriga
Took mine in to PC world a couple of weeks ago (after banging my head against numerous walls with the online version of said store and getting nowhere).

Asked if they had any Vega's in stock, (to be told NO), before I presented my faulty touch screen product.

Tech guy was in total agreement that the touchscreen was bu****ed and even agreed the display model in the store was f****d for the same reason. (same batch it seems).

How long have folks who had to send Vegas in for repair had to wait for them to be returned? The stock answer from PC World is 28 days!

I was told 14 days for mine, lets see how long it takes!