GPS crashes with CM7 Gen2

Guest JobSup

Guest JobSup
Why did you use the converter? Your phone is Gen2 and N41 as well...? Just to get the old kernel in the system?

To replace the kernel with the one kallt_kaffe build. He is using slightly different sources. But that didn't work, stil crashed.

The only stable combination for me is to use Nightly39 with the ver3 converter (not the universal one). That runs stable with GPS. I just inject the new libaudio.so for the SIP routing fix.

I tried to open a ticket but is has been closed because of the (in this case stupid) 'no nightly' policy... Anyway, maybe it caught the devs attention.

Guest burstlam

I am using this comination and gps works like a charm

N41 with KK's convertor /w ahb v1

google map 5.2.1 (brut version)

don't know if there is anything related with google map version.

Guest ahngau
To replace the kernel with the one kallt_kaffe build. He is using slightly different sources. But that didn't work, stil crashed.

The only stable combination for me is to use Nightly39 with the ver3 converter (not the universal one). That runs stable with GPS. I just inject the new libaudio.so for the SIP routing fix.

I tried to open a ticket but is has been closed because of the (in this case stupid) 'no nightly' policy... Anyway, maybe it caught the devs attention.

Good tip. Tried nightly 42 together with ver3 convertor for 6 hours now. A lot of GPS and compass use, zero reboot

Guest Matthew Ferguson
I am using this comination and gps works like a charm

N41 with KK's convertor /w ahb v1

google map 5.2.1 (brut version)

don't know if there is anything related with google map version.

What Gen are you on?

Guest zabtcent

TESTED on N52. Used Aura and Google Maps..If you turn "off" wireless location(network and WIFI) option and leave only GPS-satellites "on" no reboot. Before reboot after 1-2 min..hope it helps

Guest sm4tik

I'm just wondering, does anyone know what chipset the blade is using for gps and are there any other devices using the same one running gingerbread? I guess it's a stupid question, since if there was a way to use these gps files with blade, it would've been done already..

Guest dadashi

I've tested both aura and navigon using cm-N54 and both apps are force closed....your tip doesn't work...I can't find a CM-N52...

Edited by dadashi

Guest KACE_231

Just some info about the GPS reboot:

I recently upgraded to GEN2 via TPT, installed CM7-n54, and I get reboots when I use a GPS application (google navigation)

Previously I was on GEN1 running CM7-n54 with the kk_kernel... with that I did not experience any reboots,

clearly the issue is in the kernel

PS> I can open google navigation perfectly fine, it seems once the gps has got a fix on my location it reboots

Guest JobSup
are there any fixes for this yet?

cant get GPS working at all using CM7.02 (gen1 SF to gen2)

It has been fixed in version 7.0.2. That must be a different problem.

Guest kallt_kaffe
Try these libs. I think I might have fixed the GPS crashes but it's to early to tell. Put them into the correct places in the install zip and reinstall the ROM. Or use "adb push" to put them into place.

Those who have tested, please report if it helped. It seems rock solid om my OSF Gen2 Blade but more testing is needed to be sure. I've made a pull request to the official repo with the changes I made so if this work it will hopefully get into the nightlys soon.

Guest Flumpster

Tested before adding your fix and couldn't get it to crash for the first time in ages.. Restarted phone started maps and crashed instantly..

Installed your fix and tested and it didn't crash... Restarted phone and launched maps again and still no crash..

Also google goggles used to make it restart also (prob to do with some gps action) and that hasn't yet also..

Gonna restart a few more times and keep trying maps and copilot but looking good so far.

Edited by Flumpster

Guest Red Beaver
Try these libs. I think I might have fixed the GPS crashes but it's to early to tell. Put them into the correct places in the install zip and reinstall the ROM. Or use "adb push" to put them into place.

Should I put these files in the "update-cm-7.0.2-Blade-signed,zip" and replace them with the existing ones? A better explaination would help if you need feedback :mellow:

Guest kallt_kaffe
Should I put these files in the "update-cm-7.0.2-Blade-signed,zip" and replace them with the existing ones? A better explaination would help if you need feedback :mellow:

Yes, that is the idea but here's a Clockwork installable zip file that does the job for you.

cm7_gps_fix_signed.zip

Guest Flumpster

Ok, I've done some more testing for you. Using Nightly 57.

5 more restarts since last time. Tested maps, navigation, places, latitude, co-pilot and goggles over and over and cannot get it to crash yet. I do notice my data connection icon coming on the same time as the wifi icon in maps now and again that I'm not sure it did before but it all works and has not crashed once yet.

Awesome.

Will report back if I get any restarts at all in the next few hours.

Guest Ythle
Yes, that is the idea but here's a Clockwork installable zip file that does the job for you.

You always deliver those fixes which solves great problems! Thanks, gonna try it out now.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
This fix seems to work well so far, gps fixes are much faster now too, time to first fix 2 seconds, inside! :mellow:

+1, gps locks faster than it ever has on CM7 and no gps reboots yet.

Guest JobSup

For me, the GPS issue was fixed with the 7.0.2 version.

But since GPS crashed with Google Maps after the first reboot after flashing 7.0.2 I did the following:

- reboot

- disable GPS

- reboot

- enable GPS

Since then I did not have one GPS related crash (only the USB charging reboot...). Anyway, I will check out kallt_kaffe's libs. Recent code updates seem to bring more little GPS related changes/fixes. We will see what the next nightly (after n57) brings.

So long

Guest ejhollin

I get an installation error (signature verification failed) with this one on Nightly 57 and Clockwork Mod 3.0.2.7.

Am I doing something wrong? I've done lots of installations before. Does it need signing despite what the filename says?

Guest kallt_kaffe

Nevermind my fix. Stock N57 seems to have fixed the GPS crashes. If not, wipe, and try again. I did a "repo sync" and now gps.blade.so went from ~38mb to ~60mb so it seems a lot has happend in the qcom loc api during the last few days.

Guest Flumpster
Nevermind my fix. Stock N57 seems to have fixed the GPS crashes. If not, wipe, and try again. I did a "repo sync" and now gps.blade.so went from ~38mb to ~60mb so it seems a lot has happend in the qcom loc api during the last few days.

I was already on N57 and having the crashes before doing your fix mate so N57 wasn't right for me.. Since adding your fixes to N57 I haven't had one.

edit.. just remembered that I installed n57 directly over 7.02 without wiping so that may have been my prob, but I later also installed N57 with your fixes included directly over the top without wiping and it still fixed it all.

Edited by Flumpster