[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest simonta

Sorry, missed the Tiger thing - commiserations :D

You could install Virtualbox, then download a Linux VM and flash from there?

Guest ThomasAstor
VirtualBox with USB all setup and working is a godsend!)

I have VirtuaBox :D

I did not even know :D

Which Window set up do I choose? [XP?..]

Thanks

Guest ThomasAstor
You could install Virtualbox, then download a Linux VM and flash from there?

Sorry, did not see your answer too.

Is Linux VM the option to choose? [not a window one?]

Guest simonta
Sorry, did not see your answer too.

Is Linux VM the option to choose? [not a window one?]

Well, Linux because it's free. Do you have a license for XP? If so, might be an easier route to go although you should be OK with Ubuntu (actually, most distros but Ubuntu is easy to use) or XP.

Guest ThomasAstor
Well, Linux because it's free. Do you have a license for XP? If so, might be an easier route to go although you should be OK with Ubuntu (actually, most distros but Ubuntu is easy to use) or XP.

I am in Virtualbox but I dont know how to operate it.

I chose window+ xp

Guest thunderdrone

Hey Folks

Just removed Vegacomb and installed Corvus5 SP1. Superb. So much faster!

I am, however, having the known problem with (I assume) Flash. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't seem to make a difference. I am not sure now if this is the reported problem because this problem seems only to occur through the YouTube app. If ivies on YouTube with a browser video is fine.

Anyone else seen an issue with the YouTube app?

Also, is it no longer possible to add apps to the Homesceen? I get options for Widgets, shortcuts or folders.

Great work on this ROM.

Hey Folks

Just removed Vegacomb and installed Corvus5 SP1. Superb. So much faster!

I am, however, having the known problem with (I assume) Flash. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that didn't seem to make a difference. I am not sure now if this is the reported problem because this problem seems only to occur through the YouTube app. If ivies on YouTube with a browser video is fine.

Anyone else seen an issue with the YouTube app?

Also, is it no longer possible to add apps to the Homesceen? I get options for Widgets, shortcuts or folders.

Great work on this ROM.

YouTube app works for me - so does iPlayer, Flash seems happy. I did download the marketplace flash so maybe that helped.

In App drawer hold the icon and it will appear on the desktop.

Guest thunderdrone
YouTube app works for me - so does iPlayer, Flash seems happy. I did download the marketplace flash so maybe that helped.

In App drawer hold the icon and it will appear on the desktop.

Re: "In App drawer hold the icon and it will appear on the desktop."

Brilliant, thanks Scumball. I found I could do it the log way round - Main screen, add Shortcut, Applications and then pick the application. - But your way is much quicker.

The front screen grid does seem rather large however, is there a way to reduce the gap between icons would you know?

The Flash thing is very strange because it just seems to be the YouTube app that is affected.

Edited by thunderdrone

The front screen grid does seem rather large however, is there a way to reduce the gap between icons would you know?

I use ADW Launcher where you can adjust how many rows and columns on screen - I think you can do the same with Launcher Pro, you just need to get into the settings.

Guest thunderdrone
I use ADW Launcher where you can adjust how many rows and columns on screen - I think you can do the same with Launcher Pro, you just need to get into the settings.

Launcher Pro just adds to the magic. Thanks again Scumball - outstanding!

Guest Logseman

You should try VTL Launcher, it's a tablet-specific launcher, albeti coming from ADW, which works quite well and lets you a lot of customisation. You can set up three different docks, for example.

Guest simonta

I have an HTC Desire and one feature I really appreciate in the Sense launcher is the ability to create multiple themes and switch between them. The theme is pretty much everything, home screens, widgets, icons etc. I have one for work, one for navigation and one for fun. I simply select a theme and my entire launcher is re-arranged accordingly.

Does anyone know of an equivalent in a generic Android launcher?

Cheers

Does anyone else get missing results in Marketplace? Looking for Twitter for example does not show the official app. CPU Benchmark does not show the app either. Looking on the website I can see them, but my VEGA does not show in my devices. Any ideas?

Edited by Guest

Guest abhijeetv
Does anyone else get missing results in Marketplace? Looking for Twitter for example does not show the official app. CPU Benchmark does not show the app either. Looking on the website I can see them, but my VEGA does not show in my devices. Any ideas?

Try deleting the Market App data in Manage Applications. This worked for me.

Guest newbe5
Does anyone have a fix for the accelometer which no longer works after applying the Corvus 5 sp1 update?

Erm, are you sure about this? Your not just in mouse mode?

Guest premieral
Erm, are you sure about this? Your not just in mouse mode?

Don't think so newbe5 a few members have posted jerky or not working accelerometer since sp1 including myself and unless it defaults and sticks in mouse mode it ain't that :D

Guest newbe5
Don't think so newbe5 a few members have posted jerky or not working accelerometer since sp1 including myself and unless it defaults and sticks in mouse mode it ain't that :D

So, accelerometer games, WITH the rotation turned OFF (Using the widget or otherwise) still has jerky or non-working accelerometer? This worked fine in my tests? can anyone else confirm?

Guest jonnyspuruk
So, accelerometer games, WITH the rotation turned OFF (Using the widget or otherwise) still has jerky or non-working accelerometer? This worked fine in my tests? can anyone else confirm?

Yes does not work at all. If I flash back stock rom then restore Corvus 5 before sp1,asphalt 5 works fine but will not work after sp1 update

Guest MikhailM

After installing Corvus 5 and SP1 my accelometer works better than it did under the stock rom (1.10) or Paul's r8. Certainly much better than in VegaComb.

By the by, Newbe5, with all this fantastic work you and Corvus did on this rom (so far definitely the best!), any chance of you improving your VegaComb? (Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread).

MikhailM

Guest premieral
After installing Corvus 5 and SP1 my accelometer works better than it did under the stock rom (1.10) or Paul's r8. Certainly much better than in VegaComb.

By the by, Newbe5, with all this fantastic work you and Corvus did on this rom (so far definitely the best!), any chance of you improving your VegaComb? (Sorry, I know this is the wrong thread).

MikhailM

Nobody is disputing that it works better than stock what is happening with some is the accelerometer is no longer as smooth or responsive as corvus5 without sp1

Guest derffie

Accelaromamadoodle fantistic on my corvus5 sp1 vega, been enjoying a whole bunch of games my wife had installed,not rubbing noses in it guys just to say it has to be a localized factor at work, not the rom in general.