[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest blueshiva007
NEVER NEVER NEVER will a update by wifi works i repeat NEVER.

you restore POV 1.10, then you will be in slave mode (for sure). If your tablet is not detected is not because you are in host mode, it's because you dont have usb debuging activated (unticked by default in stock rom) or because you dont have the correct usb drivers.

Your best approach is to restore POV1.10, use vega tools to install CWM and do the update from there (because it's the recommended way, like i said in the first post)

Corvus.

ahh, that is refreshing... ad least i get some confirmation about adb wireless issue.

tonite i am going to do as u suggested first, and after that try to restore backup from titanium then do a img backup by CWM (pls correct me if i am wrong).

then i will try to dead with this usb issue...

thanx Corvus.

Guest pakomen

I have tried all ways to install this rom in my vega..corvus 0.5 is no problem it works fine

but for some reason corvus5 stalls on blank screen on reboot and I have to go through the whole recovery process to

get back to r8 which also works fine..anybody any ideas?

I have downloaded the zip file numerous times from various places on megaupload

but always get same result.

Cheers

Pakomen

Guest blueshiva007
I have tried all ways to install this rom in my vega..corvus 0.5 is no problem it works fine

but for some reason corvus5 stalls on blank screen on reboot and I have to go through the whole recovery process to

Cheers

Pakomen

corvus 0.5.... corvus5... are these the same item you are talking about ?

Guest phil-t

Cheers

Pakomen

I installed Corvus 5 on a fresh (new) Vega yesterday,

The process was quite straight forward

1. I installed Clockwork Mod 3.2.0.4 using the easy install in this thread, Here

2. I booted to recovery

3. I mounted the SD Card under Mounts and Storage, dropped the Corvus5.zip onto the root of the SD Card, and unmounted.

4. I Then did a Wipe Data (Factory Reset), Wipe Cache, then Advanced->Wipe Dalvik from the recovery menu

5. I then flashed the Corvus5.zip

6. And rebooted.. it came up with the linux penguins quite quickly, and booted in a couple of minutes after that..

It is important, like most ROM upgrades to wipe the data/cache/dalvik etc, and in some cases, I've even formatted the SD Card (Obviously you need to re-copy the rom zip file back on to it afterwards)..

If you can detail what kind of process you followed like above, it might help to pin point a solution..

Guest phil-t

I've noticed that leaving it overnight (6-7 hours) in standby, it seems to have used about 20% of the battery up, is this normal for this ROM? and is there anything I can do to minimise power usage when the tablet is in standby?

Guest premieral
Hi I installed this rom and I have problems with Gallery and Music. In the gallery all the images/photos looks blurry (very blurry) and the music player, also Toshiba player, don't see my mp3 or music files. Any idea??

you need to unmount and remount your sd card to force toshiba player to rscan your media files, it is a quirk with toshiba mp.

Guest premieral
I've noticed that leaving it overnight (6-7 hours) in standby, it seems to have used about 20% of the battery up, is this normal for this ROM? and is there anything I can do to minimise power usage when the tablet is in standby?

yes it is normal that is less than 3% an hour, this rom keeps the wifi connected and so if you are allowing emails or weather apps to scan and update they will keep doing this even in standby so using battery.

if you dont want this then power down or leave on charge when in standby for that long

Guest phil-t
yes it is normal that is less than 3% an hour, this rom keeps the wifi connected and so if you are allowing emails or weather apps to scan and update they will keep doing this even in standby so using battery.

if you dont want this then power down or leave on charge when in standby for that long

I thought as much, shame we don't have the 'option' to have it in a low power state when in standby, I'm happy for it to just sync data when I wake it up if it means I only need to charge it every 3 days if I just use it for a couple of hours each day...

Perhaps neanderthals like me need to stick to more standard ROMs!

Guest celyn

Had the rom for a day now and find the accelerometer to be quite glitchy, and any way to stop this?

Edited by celyn

Guest premieral
I thought as much, shame we don't have the 'option' to have it in a low power state when in standby, I'm happy for it to just sync data when I wake it up if it means I only need to charge it every 3 days if I just use it for a couple of hours each day...

Perhaps neanderthals like me need to stick to more standard ROMs!

why not install setcpu then you can profile cpu to power down to as low as you like whenever you like, i have 2 profiles set on mine, screen off and timed between 11pm and 6 am so the cpu can only run at max 216 at those times and it seems to help. However the vega will not hold a charge for a full 24 hours without a recharge at some time :mellow:

Guest phil-t
why not install setcpu then you can profile cpu to power down to as low as you like whenever you like, i have 2 profiles set on mine, screen off and timed between 11pm and 6 am so the cpu can only run at max 216 at those times and it seems to help. However the vega will not hold a charge for a full 24 hours without a recharge at some time :mellow:

Funny you should mention setCPU, that was actually the first thing I tried, I had a profile in setCPU exactly as described (216 Mhz for both min/max), having a desire HD, you kind of have to learn about maximising battery life in Android!

My first Vega (Had it up until Modaco R6) would easily do 3 days in standby with just a couple of hours per day web-surfing (screen brightness quite low).. It was actually very convenient, just charge it every few days, and can leave it in standby for instant on action.. I never once missed not having emails/weather etc updated whilst in standby, they just refreshed when I woke it up...

In an ideal world, in a similar vein to CM7, it would be nice if ROM developers could offer several customisable options to allow different usage modes, but since these things are developed in peoples spare times, it's unreasonable to expect them to do anything, you just have to find a niche ROM that suits you..

Guest premieral
Funny you should mention setCPU, that was actually the first thing I tried, I had a profile in setCPU exactly as described (216 Mhz for both min/max), having a desire HD, you kind of have to learn about maximising battery life in Android!

My first Vega (Had it up until Modaco R6) would easily do 3 days in standby with just a couple of hours per day web-surfing (screen brightness quite low).. It was actually very convenient, just charge it every few days, and can leave it in standby for instant on action.. I never once missed not having emails/weather etc updated whilst in standby, they just refreshed when I woke it up...

In an ideal world, in a similar vein to CM7, it would be nice if ROM developers could offer several customisable options to allow different usage modes, but since these things are developed in peoples spare times, it's unreasonable to expect them to do anything, you just have to find a niche ROM that suits you..

well if you dont want the refresh stuff why not see if the turn off wifi option actually works under this rom still in settings. might be worth a throw :mellow:

Guest phil-t
well if you dont want the refresh stuff why not see if the turn off wifi option actually works under this rom still in settings. might be worth a throw :mellow:

That's how I left it this morning, manually turned off and left in standby.. :o

Not sure if you really mean the roll-eyes, I just wanted to discuss it in-case anyone had experience of this facet of power saving...

The first thing I looked for was the WiFi sleep policy, but couldn't find it, I've been searching around my Desire HD settings for 10 mins now, and just realised there is a 'Menu->Advanced' option under WiFi that has the sleep policy, and one of the options is 'When screen turns off'.. this is in Gingerbread, but I'm assuming it'll be there in Froyo, so that'll be my next avenue of attack..

Edited by phil-t

Guest the_corvus
Had the rom for a day now and find the accelerometer to be quite glitchy, and any way to stop this?

Yes, reading the first and second posts...

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus

About Battery:

1) If wifi is on (using widget or settings menu) it will remain on in standby mode allways. This is because in stock rom there is no way to deactivate in sleep mode, and in Corvus5 there is, but we have to make some changes that we havent done by now.

2) You are using ok profiles in setcpu, put when sleep to 216 and will get the best batt. And rememer to put setcpu to 1.4G only when needed. Dont change anything more about governors or other settings.

3) Deactivate auto-sync. It try to autosync with and without wifi or 3g, and this eats batt.

4) Put screen brightness to low level (ovbiously in sleep mode it's not needed)

If you get strange behavior, recalibrate battery. Search for my thread about it or search in market for Battery Calibration app.

Corvus.

Guest premieral
That's how I left it this morning, manually turned off and left in standby.. :mellow:

Not sure if you really mean the roll-eyes, I just wanted to discuss it in-case anyone had experience of this facet of power saving...

The first thing I looked for was the WiFi sleep policy, but couldn't find it, I've been searching around my Desire HD settings for 10 mins now, and just realised there is a 'Menu->Advanced' option under WiFi that has the sleep policy, and one of the options is 'When screen turns off'.. this is in Gingerbread, but I'm assuming it'll be there in Froyo, so that'll be my next avenue of attack..

no with my eyesight it could have been any emoticon :o just a random pick

Guest ViPaSoft

I've just installed 'JuiceDefender Battery Saver' and the 'Ultimate Juice' add-on which allows me to set the WiFi to turn off and allow no activity. I've set it to auto turn off at night between 00:00 and 08:00. This worked well on my mobile but forgot I had it. I also have it to turn WiFi off 15 seconds after the screen is turned off. It does mean I have to wait about 5-10 seconds for it to re-activate, but that is a compromise I'm willing to make if it improves battery life.

Will report back if it works ok tomorrow. Like others have stated, my VEGA was using about 20% battery overnight.

Guest peter a
I've just installed 'JuiceDefender Battery Saver' and the 'Ultimate Juice' add-on which allows me to set the WiFi to turn off and allow no activity. I've set it to auto turn off at night between 00:00 and 08:00. This worked well on my mobile but forgot I had it. I also have it to turn WiFi off 15 seconds after the screen is turned off. It does mean I have to wait about 5-10 seconds for it to re-activate, but that is a compromise I'm willing to make if it improves battery life.

Will report back if it works ok tomorrow. Like others have stated, my VEGA was using about 20% battery overnight.

The problem with that is that the vega goes in to standby of death.

So if at 12:00 it will turn the wifi off, that will not work on mine because if you put it on standby at 11:45 the clock will stay at 11:45 and not update until it goes out of standby.

Like the alarms it may work on your phone like it does on mine , but not on the vega.

Guest vinnyjones

I am currently running this rom on my VEGA but when enabling the overclock to 1.4Ghz the stability it is pretty bad, random crashes all the time and the area near power connector (at the back of the vega) gets a little warm, anyone experienced any issues like this?

Apart from this issue this little tablet is great and so is the Corvus5 rom..

Guest mintvilla
I am currently running this rom on my VEGA but when enabling the overclock to 1.4Ghz the stability it is pretty bad, random crashes all the time and the area near power connector (at the back of the vega) gets a little warm, anyone experienced any issues like this?

Apart from this issue this little tablet is great and so is the Corvus5 rom..

lol these arent issues

this is a result of overclocking! - not all processors are made the same, someones overclock to 1.4 might be perfectly stable, while another person might have loads of crashes.

ALso its obvs going to get warmer when you bunk up the processor to 1.4ghz.

Try.... not overclcoking it and see if you get the same "issues"

Guest Stevonator
lol these arent issues

this is a result of overclocking! - not all processors are made the same, someones overclock to 1.4 might be perfectly stable, while another person might have loads of crashes.

ALso its obvs going to get warmer when you bunk up the processor to 1.4ghz.

Try.... not overclcoking it and see if you get the same "issues"

As much as I agree with the fact that overclocking your system may give you undesired results. I can't agree with the fact you said not all processors are made the same lol. Every Advent Vega is completely identical in terms of hardware specs. Yes you may have one system which may be more used and therefore less likely to take on the load. Also you may find that once every now and again a processor may be produced that may be a bit faulty, but in the terms of not all processors are made the same. They are :mellow:

Guest the_corvus
As much as I agree with the fact that overclocking your system may give you undesired results. I can't agree with the fact you said not all processors are made the same lol. Every Advent Vega is completely identical in terms of hardware specs. Yes you may have one system which may be more used and therefore less likely to take on the load. Also you may find that once every now and again a processor may be produced that may be a bit faulty, but in the terms of not all processors are made the same. They are :mellow:

No, really they arent...

Intel and AMD processors use faulty (not passed all stress test) processors to spread their catalogue... i remember old 486 dx and sx... sx had less clock speed because at top speed like dx they crash, so why will throw them to trash when can sell them at 75% prize lowering the clock speed? Not only in old processors in new is the same. And in phone procs works the same way (take a look at the mobile overclocking threads to see that some people cant oc they mobiles as much as other can)

Either way, overclocking is not a standard feature, so no support for it, use at your own risk, and think that you are stressing your tablet... you cant maintain your car to its top speed for allways.

Corvus.

Guest pakomen

Sorry for confusion in earlier post, I can install corvus 0.5 ok with no problems ..I can install original clockwork mod with no problems and of course I can do the complete recovery procedure ie back to original vega rom.1.09.

Where I am having problems is trying to install Corvus 5 either from sd card using the original clockwork mod recovery or by installing it from the pc using the

install_windows method, I get the same result ie black screen with slight illumination and it just sticks there.

I also get this if i try to install latest clockwork mod..either using the pc or rom manager..

I can't figure out what is going on..other roms seem to install without problems..

cheers

pakomen