CM7 universal converter

Guest kallt_kaffe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest t0mm13b

Will that project get updated to latest kernel and future kernels?

Uhmmmm latest kernel? GSF uses 2.6.35.7 leaked btw :)

No sources available... maybe when it comes out, then yes perhaps it will get updated! ;)

GSF will be dead before the kernel source comes out, when that happens we'll have zte retail gingerbread roms to base other custom roms on. Cm7 should also be improved by the updated kernel & libraries.

You guys should probably just use the Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade, it's simple & reasonably safe. Then you can run all the latest roms without any trouble.

Edited by wbaw

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sblade12

Hello I've just got a few question about this converter.

Firstly when using the converter how would I delete the apps from the rom to make the Rom, Converter and g apps to fit into the Gen 1 partition.

Secondly which converter would I use for the cm7 7.1 RC?

Thirdly using this converter would not change the IMEI of the phone?Right because Ive been reading a few things on the internet about this and I am slightly confused?

Finally is this completely safe to use?

I know some of these question have been already brought up but I just need some clarification.

Thanks.

Hello I've just got a few question about this converter.

Firstly when using the converter how would I delete the apps from the rom to make the Rom, Converter and g apps to fit into the Gen 1 partition.

Secondly which converter would I use for the cm7 7.1 RC?

Thirdly using this converter would not change the IMEI of the phone?Right because Ive been reading a few things on the internet about this and I am slightly confused?

Finally is this completely safe to use?

I know some of these question have been already brought up but I just need some clarification.

Thanks.

1) you dont need to delete anything to use this. Just flash cyanogenmod, and then flash this converter. canogenmod already fits in the partition, its only around 90mb

2) cm7 7.1 does not need a converter, the later nightlies do.

3)no, it does not change anything except the kernel.

4) completely safe to use.

Guest Sblade12

Huh? CM7 was gen 2 long, long before 7.1....

That's what I was thinking I thought CM7 7.1 needed a converter :S

Which converter would I use anyway as people have made new ones and slightly confused on which one to use :L

Guest k0zmic

Can anyone confirm the converter in post 222 is working with CM7 .1 rc? and is safe? Sorry for asking question again.

Can't confirm it, but you could try it. The worst thing that would probably happen is your phone won't boot into CM but at least then you'll know definitively that it does/doesn't work.

Then you'd probably just have to wipe in ClockworkMod and see what you want to do instead, i.e. use an older version of CM, another ROM or just upgrade to Gen 2.

• 1 month later...

Up to CM Nightly 206 I've found universal converter cm7_universal_converter_20110710-signed.zip has worked for every nightly tried.

However the kernel has been updated in N208 and cm7_universal_converter_20110710 no longer works.

Here's hoping there will be an updated version of cm7_universal_converter to work with the new kernel

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also hoping,

after upgrading to gen2 my phone doesn't work with my mobile operator, my SIM-card is from 2008, I could try with a new one but I'm not sure it will help.

Edited by singe

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

Im no programmer, so I cant even come close to writing something like this.... but would anyone be able to compile the latest Universal Converter please, so I can try the newer roms out please.

I do plan to goto Gen2, but not jus yet....

Thanks, Lister

Guest ididmytime

Hello :)

Does not work with version 7.1

Can you update please ?

KK is not active anymore, so I doubt an update will happen.

Just TPT to Gen2, if you can flash a rom via clockwork then you can surely upgrade to Gen2.

Guest Don-Ntinos

Universal converter seems doesnt work anymore with my blade gen1 Tried to install cyannogen 7.1 but no luck... maybe converter needs an update to work with new kernels

please fix it :( thanks

Edited by Don-Ntinos

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Universal converter seems doesnt work anymore with my blade gen1 Tried to install cyannogen 7.1 but no luck... maybe converter needs an update to work with new kernels

please fix it :( thanks

just update to Gen2

Hi!

I installed this with CM 7.1.0 Stable, but when I reboot the bootanimation became black, and after that the screen stay black... I have GEN2 Blade with 5.0.2.0 CW. Any idea?

Sorry for my bad English.

Guest Amphoras

Hi!

I installed this with CM 7.1.0 Stable, but when I reboot the bootanimation became black, and after that the screen stay black... I have GEN2 Blade with 5.0.2.0 CW. Any idea?

Sorry for my bad English.

This only works on Gen 1 Blades, you need to reflash the rom.

Guest Don-Ntinos

please some one can help me updating zte blade to latest cyanogen 7.1 ? as i said universal converter seems dont work on gen1 anymore when I reboot the screen stay black? what about using TPT ? i dont want to upgrate to gen2... :angry: also i dont want to lose 512 Mb Ram cause i have the greek model and not the san fransisco :blink: thanks

Guest Tetsumaki

I just built a new kernel (only - I hope libril doesn't need to get updated?). Untested.

cm7_universal_converter_20111013-signed.zip

md5sum: c66e148bf92806fc1e778f725f554f71

This is TomG's current kernel with CONFIG_ZTE_GEN1=y and CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x02A00000.

Hello Grain.

Can you explain the method to make a patch?

I'm running Archlinux x64.

EDIT :

Your archive is corrupted :

md5sum cm7_universal_converter_20111013-signed.zip

1bc07ffa7d85e1379c276e89d3d62fc3 cm7_universal_converter_20111013-signed.zip

c66e148bf92806fc1e778f725f554f71 normaly, please reupload :)

EDIT :

Thank you for the invisible update.

I delete the link in my quote corrupted.

Edited by Tetsumaki