CM7 universal converter

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Don-Ntinos

I just built a new kernel (only - I hope libril doesn't need to get updated?). Untested.

cm7_universal_converter_20111013-signed.zip

md5sum: c66e148bf92806fc1e778f725f554f71

This is TomG's current kernel with CONFIG_ZTE_GEN1=y and CONFIG_PHYS_OFFSET=0x02A00000.

Edit: Re-uploaded file.

My friend i flashed it in my blade and i can say to you it WORKS like a charm...!!! :o:o:o

i would thank you helped me a lot my friend :rolleyes:

I just built a new kernel (only - I hope libril doesn't need to get updated?). Untested.

cm7_universal_converter_20111013-signed.zip

md5sum: c66e148bf92806fc1e778f725f554f71

This is very much appreciated thank you. Worked fine first time, no problems moving from CM N179 up to CM 7.1 stable. No doubt it will continue to work fine with nightlies also, until such time as the kernel is again updated.

While many folk recommend TPT upgrade to Gen2 (and it does have advantages, such as reorganising partitions to allow more internal memory space) there is always the possibility of bricking. It's nice to have the choice and be able to run up-to-date CM on Gen1 phone.

Great work! smile.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a 2012-01-30 build of CM7 for GEN1. If anyone's interested, let me know. I updated from some old nightly (100ish) - the new CM build is much more snappy. I guess the "interactive" CPU frequency governor helps quite a bit.

Edited by Grain

• 1 month later...
Guest Don-Ntinos

confirmed, the last build from Grain works with 7.2 rc , but maybe it has some issues with kernel for example wifi doesnt work...

can u update the kernel or u can tell me the way to do it? thanks

Edited by Don-Ntinos

Guest Don-Ntinos

Yeah, I would think the wifi wouldn't work.

if you flashed this to put on the old wifi files: http://blade.windows...-old-kernel.zip

and then installed the converter files you might be OK?

i took original cm 7.2 ,i replaced the old files and then i flashed it wifi works like a charm now...!

thanks a lot :lol:

Edited by Don-Ntinos