CM7 universal converter

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Fou-lu
2. What are the differences between this kernel and the one released with the official CM7 ROM's?

The only difference should be that my version has the touchscreen fix that helps those who have issues with unresponsive touchscreens on custom kernels. That change has been sent as a pull request to Tom and Jacob but they propably haven't hade time to implement it yet.

Guest KACE_231

^^ sorry, seems obvious now

Anyway does the GPS work properly with n41 on GEN1, cause Ive seen people saying it is an issue with GEN2

Guest HCDR.Jacob
[*]Although the kernel is forked from the source used for the official CM7 kernel it is NOT identical. Do NOT report issues unless they can be reproduced with the official kernel.

I have to stop you here. TO ANYBODY USING THIS, DO NOT REPORT ANY ISSUES AT ALL. I WILL LAUGH AT YOU :3

Guest kallt_kaffe
I have to stop you here. TO ANYBODY USING THIS, DO NOT REPORT ANY ISSUES AT ALL. I WILL LAUGH AT YOU :3

I wrote "unless they can be reproduced with the official kernel". I do assume that if someone (with a Gen2) finds a bug and reflashes with stock CM7 and the bug is till there it would be helpful if they report it?

Guest shad0wboss

So did anyone try to just flash the N41 on 128 mb partition (gen1), does it work fine? because i just want to make sure that N41 can be installed without changing partition.

Guest sm4tik
I wrote "unless they can be reproduced with the official kernel". I do assume that if someone (with a Gen2) finds a bug and reflashes with stock CM7 and the bug is till there it would be helpful if they report it?

Thinking about it now, there is the "no bug reports with nightlies" rule.. So in practice the only case (for now) would be if a user finds a bug in the stable release and has it confirmed using an official stable release with a gen1 phone. But I have to say, I fully agree with the original thought. :)

Edited by sm4tik

So did anyone try to just flash the N41 on 128 mb partition (gen1), does it work fine? because i just want to make sure that N41 can be installed without changing partition.

No, it does not. You have to strip down the live wallpapers and some or all tts files of languages you don't use.

Guest OhayoJP

Do I have to install gapps again? I'm upgrading from stable version with only market installed and planning not to wipe anything.

Edited by OhayoJP

Guest tandeh
No, it does not. You have to strip down the live wallpapers and some or all tts files of languages you don't use.

hod do i do that to the rom? or is that after flashing, i delete the live wallpapers and tts files (from where/how?)

and then go to market and get google apps/maps?

sorry for being a noob

Guest hugobosslives

no before flashing (obviously :))

otherwise the rom won't instal properly as it will run out of space to instal the rom and won't install the last few bits.

open the zip (of the cm7 rom) before flashing. and delete a few apps you dont want.

then zip it back up

and flash it and then this converter

Guest shad0wboss

Problem i'm facing with N41 is a graphics glitch when playing games such as miami vindication, don't know why but seems like a faulty rom? anyone else can confirm this?

Edited by shad0wboss

Hey guys,

tried the alternative kernel on CM7 Nightly 41 and GPS seems to be semi-fixed as I get a few GPS fixes before device reboots :)

I'm ready to do any testing if someone wishes to :]

Guest Poodha

A couple of quick questions.

1. How do I know if my phone can handle AHB overclocking? Is it safe if I used AHB OC before with JJ and SS with no problems?

2. When do I flash the AHB overclocking? Same time as the other files before rebooting?

EDIT: Realized know that the cm7_universal_converter_ahb_alt.zip file is all I have to use if I want AHB-overclocking. It's not an addon like it was for SS and JJ?

3. Do I have to wipe(currently on N35)?

And thanks for the great work Kallt Kaffe!

Edited by Poodha

Guest KACE_231

Just a few more questions before I upgrade:

1. As I update the CM7 ROM with the sucessive nightly's as they come out, would I have to reflash the kernel every time I upgrade to the latest release of CM7

2. Can I flash between the two kernels (with AHB and without AHB) when I want, without having to reflash the ROM and doing a wipe?

Thanks

Guest t0mm13b
Do whatever you want with it. These kernels will NOT work with other ROMs as they are VMSPLIT_3G and all other ROMs, except CM7 is VMSPLIT_2G.

Wait... thought CM7's 2.6.32 uses VMSPLIT_3G???? :)

Guest ivanko021

Great work man! As usual! I have battery drain though and I'm not sure whether it is because of the rom or the kernel. I plugged it off charger around 5 in the morning and and at 8 o'clock it was on 93% and now after 15 minutes of browsing it is 81. I have Google Maps installed - could that be the problem? Spare Parts doesn't report partial wakes. :) Do you guys have the same problem or I'm the only one?

Guest german_psycho

When I delete some apps (so that it fits in standard 128mb) and flash this ROM, then use the convertor, this ROM behaves like any other GEN1 ROM, right?

So, that I can give it a try and if I don't like it or it doesn't suit me I can just flash another GEN1 ROM??

Guest shad0wboss
When I delete some apps (so that it fits in standard 128mb) and flash this ROM, then use the convertor, this ROM behaves like any other GEN1 ROM, right?

So, that I can give it a try and if I don't like it or it doesn't suit me I can just flash another GEN1 ROM??

I believe you can flash any Gen1 roms because the partition are the same...so answer is yes !