CM7 universal converter

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest Loki86

so i don't understand

if i have ge1 phone to install cm7.0.2 i don't repartition the memory?

just install the rom then the universal converter and it's ok?

Guest Michealtbh
so i don't understand

if i have ge1 phone to install cm7.0.2 i don't repartition the memory?

just install the rom then the universal converter and it's ok?

Yes

Idea!

you should put confirmed nightly's in the first post to stop people asking and asking

See what I mean:

does this converter work for n57?

yes

Guest Grain
you should put confirmed nightly's in the first post to stop people asking and asking

You can use the converter with *all* nightlies. It's just that if the nightly is newer than the converter and there have been kernel changes in the nightly since then, you lose the kernel updates. Which is pretty much irrelevant at the time being since there have been no relevant kernel updates for some time.

Guest Loki86

i installed cm7.0.2 on gen1 blade with the converter

work very good

but if you have some issue after install some app like launcherpro

go on recovery clockwork and select fix permissions then reboot the phone

this work for me very well

Guest Kthulhu
[*]Does NOT WORK WITH CLOCKWORK 3.0.2.4 due to it's small sized /tmp. Confirmed working with 3.0.1.4.

Does it work with the latest CLOCKWORK 3.0.2.7?

Guest richardw1992

Just thought I would confirm for the benefit of others that the latest stable version 7.0.2? (The one which came out around Nightly 50 or 55) is working a treat!

I am running stock partitions. I downgraded to clockwork 3.0.1.4 for the install and followed all instructions and it works perfectly, so far no issues what so ever.

A further note for people, remember to download the google apps .zip from the CyanogenMod thread to flash on top of the rom afterwards!

*ps at first battery life was utter s***. But a full recharge and recalibration using the app in the market (not by wiping battery stats through clockwork but apparently there is no difference) has completely fixed that, easily getting 2 days out of a charge now with overclock to 729mhz, auto brightness etc. Very happy with all your work Kallt_Kaffe!

Edited by richardw1992

Guest hybriduc2
Can anyone please help confirm whether GPS works with 7.02, Gen 1 using this converter? Thanks

confirmed gen 1 / tft / 7.0.2 with alt kernal - gps working .

Guest redbaron51
Just thought I would confirm for the benefit of others that the latest stable version 7.0.2? (The one which came out around Nightly 50 or 55) is working a treat!

I am running stock partitions. I downgraded to clockwork 3.0.1.4 for the install and followed all instructions and it works perfectly, so far no issues what so ever.

A further note for people, remember to download the google apps .zip from the CyanogenMod thread to flash on top of the rom afterwards!

*ps at first battery life was utter s***. But a full recharge and recalibration using the app in the market (not by wiping battery stats through clockwork but apparently there is no difference) has completely fixed that, easily getting 2 days out of a charge now with overclock to 729mhz, auto brightness etc. Very happy with all your work Kallt_Kaffe!

Which battery fix app did you use?

I am thinking about flashing to CM7 from SSrls4b

cheers

Guest alexander_vie
Does it work with the latest CLOCKWORK 3.0.2.7?

Yes, Converter worked (Cm 7.0.0 on Gen2 with Recovery 3.0.2.7)

But I don't know, if CM 7.0.0 + Gen2 Radio will improve battery ... we'll see.

Guest alexander_vie
Yes, Converter worked (Cm 7.0.0 on Gen2 with Recovery 3.0.2.7)

But I don't know, if CM 7.0.0 + Gen2 Radio will improve battery ... we'll see.

I can answer it: No - battery life seems always beed with Gen2 radio, regardles of build number

Guest jenjenx

Guys, is this the most ideal way right now to have Cm7 on a Gen 1 phone without converting?

This thread seems to be dying so wondering if others who want to remain on Gen 1 are finding an alternative solution!

Guest targetbsp
Guys, is this the most ideal way right now to have Cm7 on a Gen 1 phone without converting?

This thread seems to be dying so wondering if others who want to remain on Gen 1 are finding an alternative solution!

2 probable reasons:

1) There hasn't been a kernel update in a while so this hasn't needed updated. Though there just has been a kernel update so presumably this will needed updated with the next nightly.

2) there's the new method from wbaw to go to gen 2 easily and back again to gen 1 as and when you like.

Guest richardw1992
Which battery fix app did you use?

I am thinking about flashing to CM7 from SSrls4b

cheers

The app is called "battery Calibration" apparently all it does is delete the same battery stats file that clicking on "wipe battery stats" in clockworkmod does. But it certainly helped for me!

Guest andy9876

Can anyone confirm if the convertor works with update-cm-7.0.3-Blade-signed.zip or the latest version 63 nighly release?

Guest jtc42

So where is this up to now? Does the kernel in this converter fix the charging and GPS reboot issues and should it work fine with N63+

Cheers :mellow:

Guest ogh72
So where is this up to now? Does the kernel in this converter fix the charging and GPS reboot issues and should it work fine with N63+

Cheers :mellow:

I'm using the alternative converter and I haven't experienced any problem with the charging reboot issue (touch wood)

haven't tried GPS yet so can't comment on that. Works fine on n62.

Guest targetbsp

It'll work in so much as it won;t break. But until it's update, it won't include the kernel changes in N62 which fix the charging bug surely?

Guest dazbaz996

I can confirm CM 7.0.3 is working on gen 1 using kallt_kaffe convertor, installed with clockwork 3.0.1.4.

Tested camera

calls

wifi & gps, no reboot.

Thanks kallt_kaffe and CM

Guest shad0wboss

If the kernel of new Nightly builds get a kernel update,

Is it possible to update the converter with the latest kernel or would it just remain like that for older Nightly builds?