CM7 universal converter

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest peto223
Yes. It's works.

and next questiond, i hope ist last :), its this metod risky? can i brick my phone?

EDIT: can u give me md5 of that zip?

Edited by peto223

Guest Grain
kallt_kaffe, or another experienced dev, is it possible to create a version of this that works with ROMs such as Ginger Stir Fry, based on the new Gingerbread leak?

What should that achieve? AFAIK the 2.6.35 kernel is available as a binary only currently. This won't work with CM since a) CM uses a different memory layout, b) the ZTE kernel will be lacking many fixes that have been made in the CM kernel, probably introducing new bugs, c) with a binary-only kernel supporting GEN1 phones (the reason for the converter) is not possible.

Also, for end users there's pretty much nothing cool you can expect from 2.6.35. I can understand developers wanting 2.6.35 (since it would make some things easier in development, and gets CM Blade more in line with other Gingerbread devices), but end users really don't have to care in this regard.

What should that achieve?

Well I guess, the foreposter's device is still Gen1. And now he es asking the skilled community developers if someone can build a converted kernel, so that the new leaked Gingerbread ROMs will be running on Gen1 devices.

Guest Grain
Well I guess, the foreposter's device is still Gen1. And now he es asking the skilled community developers if someone can build a converted kernel, so that the new leaked Gingerbread ROMs will be running on Gen1 devices.

Ah. No. :) If the kernel source gets released, perhaps.

Guest peto223

so now i trying to flash my phone with CM7 nightly 106 but i dont know which file i must download cm7_universal_converter_20110426.zip or cm7_universal_converter_ahb_20110426.zip or Downloads (alternate kernel)?? my phone is gen1 with CM 7.0.0 stable

so now i trying to flash my phone with CM7 nightly 106 but i dont know which file i must download cm7_universal_converter_20110426.zip or cm7_universal_converter_ahb_20110426.zip or Downloads (alternate kernel)?? my phone is gen1 with CM 7.0.0 stable

Neither. Use the most recent version in post #186 of this thread. The linking is broken again, so no direct link.

Guest peto223

so, i must flash with nightly 106, then flash with cm7 universal converter and i can reboot to system?? when i flash with nightly with converter, then i can flash with normal 2.2 fom?

what if i have fo example Swedish Spring RLS5, can i restore cm7 nightly rom with applied converter?

latest nightlies is compatibile with tft screen?

pls someone answer me

Edited by peto223

Guest Amphoras

You flash N106 or whatever you're using, then flash the converter, then reboot like normal. You can still install other Gen 1 roms if you want to. Pretty sure every rom these days is compatible with TFT and OLED screens.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Matt(san fran-rooted-CM7)

yeah i've downloaded that converter in post 186 but if i flash CM7.1.0-RC1 then flash the converter will it work?

Guest singe
I took the liberty of updating the converter to the latest kernel.

cm7_universal_converter_20110611.zip - MD5: 994cdfaebb510b8c9ffa7b0f8883a193

• run this in ClockworkMod after any CM update
  • it works with all CM nightlies, including newer ones
  • for a changelog of the kernel used in standard CM nightlies, see here

edit: re-added omitted update-script (txh Tarot)

How did you update the converter to the latest kernel?

Guest singe
2 probable reasons:

1) There hasn't been a kernel update in a while so this hasn't needed updated. Though there just has been a kernel update so presumably this will needed updated with the next nightly.

2) there's the new method from wbaw to go to gen 2 easily and back again to gen 1 as and when you like.

Are there any benifits with wbaw's method and is it safe to use if you used the converter method to install CM7?

Guest sm4tik
Are there any benifits with wbaw's method and is it safe to use if you used the converter method to install CM7?

With wbaw's method, you're converting your phone to a gen2 device, after that you can use any gen2 rom out there and yes, it's safe to use after you've used the universal converter (which only touches the installed kernel to suite your gen1 device).