Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest wakaru
Could you please make a version with smaller system partition size too? 160 MB is not needed for Swedish Spring.

I think wbaw should keep the download link for the TPT v4 version available in the first post, that way anyone can use on or the other based on their own preference.

Guest hugobosslives

does this enable fastboot yet? (I know I can do it from the phone. but I like from off for when I screw my phone up :unsure:

cheers

Guest LexS007
Updated the Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT to version 5. See the first post for the new link.

Replaced the TeliaSonera amss.mbn in the old package with the Greek Wind amss.mbn (it's the latest European one).

Increased the system partition size to 160mb.

Removed cefs.mbn (doesn't get flashed, but may cause trouble if used with other methods).

Added a blank cache.img (doesn't get flashed, but might help by wiping cache if used with other methods).

Why you update partition? You said that partition (128 sistem 2 cache 314 data) better.

Edited by LexS007

Guest wbaw
Why you update partition? You said that partition (128 sistem 2 cache 314 data) better.

128mb system is too small for cm7, it was 138 before, which was perfect.

But I was getting complaints from people wanting to do dumb things, like installing every possible google app to /system on cm7, installing stock roms, installing badly written themes & other addons for cm7, etc. If they try to do really dumb things like that & the system partition is too small, then it'll fail, worse than that clockwork wont tell them it's failed. So they complain to me.

So I'm sticking with 160mb now, it should be enough for all the stupid people around.

Nobody is forcing anybody to install it, so if you don't like it, then don't install it. 160mb system was the biggest change, there's no reason for v4 users to 'upgrade'. No noticeable difference from changing the amss.mbn & the other changes wont make any difference to your phone at all.

I am going to be making my partition resizing & tpt backup tool Gen2 compatible & adding more features to that, so instead of having every possible partition layout posted here, just wait for that.

@hugobosslives yes, fastboot using vol+ when powering on is supported since v4, thanks to cpg.

Edited by wbaw

Guest hugobosslives
@hugobosslives yes, fastboot using vol+ when powering on is supported since v4, thanks to cpg.

cheers wbaw. didn't realise you had already renabled this. i'm still on v2. will download now.

Guest wbaw
cheers wbaw. didn't realise you had already renabled this. i'm still on v2. will download now.

cpg deserves all the credit for enabling fastboot, he's a genius. it's been working for a while now. Also got 15mb extra space compared to v2, again thanks to cpg (but the extra space is on /system now in v5). New updated Greek amss.mbn radio firmware too, seems to make no difference, but it's the latest one that I've found which works.

Guest hugobosslives
cpg deserves all the credit for enabling fastboot, he's a genius. it's been working for a while now. Also got 15mb extra space compared to v2, again thanks to cpg (but the extra space is on /system now in v5). New updated Greek amss.mbn radio firmware too, seems to make no difference, but it's the latest one that I've found which works.

Presumably you can restore nandroids from different gen2 layouts?

Cheers to cpg :unsure:

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Presumably you can restore nandroids from different gen2 layouts?

Cheers to cpg :unsure:

yes, but not if they don't fit.

Guest KACE_231

wbaw, could you reupload/provide links for the v4 TPT because the I need the /data partition space.

Or are you working on a program that allows us to choose our own partition sizes?

Guest Aab2011
wbaw, could you reupload/provide links for the v4 TPT because the I need the /data partition space.

Or are you working on a program that allows us to choose our own partition sizes?

Working on allowing users to choose partitions, as per this quote.

I am going to be making my partition resizing & tpt backup tool Gen2 compatible & adding more features to that, so instead of having every possible partition layout posted here, just wait for that.

Guest Pondlife

You could use the full cm7.0.3 TPT from first post as that still has the partitions from v4 and then flash from cm7.0.3 if desired. Quite a bit bigger download but is a work around.

Guest osf_123

how to do fastboot to upgrade to Gen2. For me the menu and volume+ doesn't work. I am thinking of doing fastboot. Any ideas what all commands I need to run?

Guest chimas
how to do fastboot to upgrade to Gen2. For me the menu and volume+ doesn't work. I am thinking of doing fastboot. Any ideas what all commands I need to run?

Thank god, I thought it was just me.

Guest chimas
You can't do it with fastboot. Try another sdcard, some have problems with tpt mode.

Thanks Dude, That was the problem.

Edited by chimas

Guest StockTrader72

Hello,

thanks for all the istructions but I potentially need a clarification about them.

I have a ZTE San Francisco with CynoGen 7.0.0 + ClockworkMod 3.0.1.4 recovey (the paied version)

I followed all the istruction carefully but when I poweoff and then power on pressing the volume down button the devices boot immediately in CLockWorkMod and ignores the image folder.

My question is the following: should I uninstall ClockworkMod to follow your procedure?

Kind regards and thanks.

StockTrader - Marco

Guest u116040
I followed all the istruction carefully but when I poweoff and then power on pressing the volume down button the devices boot immediately in CLockWorkMod and ignores the image folder

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with menu & vol+ held.

Vol down = recovery

Guest ValiantSaint

If I use this method, and my phone packs up, can I revert back to a Gen 1 setup? (Such as putting the phone back to standard?)

Guest Flumpster

Wbaw, you helped me with some info on how the TPT worked before for distributing roms and wondered if you could answer one more thing for me please.

My oled phone broke this week and had a replacement lcd sent out. I took your latest Gen1 to Gen2 structure and replaced boot.img, recovery.img, system.img and data.img (renaming to userdata.img) from my nandroid.

This all worked perfectly but I still needed to get the sd-ext.img installed and needed to go into clockwork and do an advanced restore on it before booting up.

Is there any way that the sd-ext.img could be installed automatically from the TPT if it is present and skipped if not? This would make it even easier for me to distribute roms.

Thanks

Edited by Flumpster

Guest keevre

Newer releases come with Amon-ra or clockwork? I'm feeling forced to upgrade but I'm not very comfortable with this things.

Guest u116040
Is there any way that the sd-ext.img could be installed automatically from the TPT if it is present and skipped if not? This would make it even easier for me to distribute roms.

I'm maybe wrong, but I don't think that TPT can act on something else than internal flash natively :P

Newer releases come with Amon-ra or clockwork? I'm feeling forced to upgrade but I'm not very comfortable with this things.

First post is up to date (same as previous releases)