Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Guest hobbe93

Is it possible to update my old tpt "CM7.0.2Nightly60 with new partition Layout 15MB Cache/136MB System/304MB Data" with this one?

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip mirror size:16.02mb md5:c10cd48bbfb8e2c16384ebb49e06eb5c partitions: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data

or do i have to downgrade to gen1 and then use this tpt?

Guest sumdumguy

basically same question as post above...

I used this gen1->gen2 tpt beforehand. Can I use this again to change partition size ? or do i need to go back to gen1 first?

thx

Guest Amphoras
Is it OK to use this TPT on a stock-GEN2 phone to reorganize partition layout?

PS

Sorry if this answer is already in this post.

No it won't work. If you want to repartition a stock Gen 2 phone, you need to follow the other sticky thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ded-gen2-blade/

Its more risky that this method, but if you're stock Gen 2 this one won't work.

Guest gadgetshop

Just managed to upgrade following this method, took a few attempts and had to hold power/menu and volume + to enable flashing

Thanks

Guest Tazerz
If you can get the sd card on your computer, try putting it in there and check if there's just one image folder. If there is, try downloading the TPT again and see if you can run it. If it still doesn't work, you could try the one with the other partition size and see if that works.

Downloading again and flashing failed, as did trying the alternative partition. I eventually got desperate and just deleted the problem file (splash.img) and voila! Flashed fine and currently running a very shiny CM7 :) Okay so the splash image is a little messed up but that can be fixed (don't know how) and I have a functioning phone again!

Thanks for your help!

Guest Amphoras
Downloading again and flashing failed, as did trying the alternative partition. I eventually got desperate and just deleted the problem file (splash.img) and voila! Flashed fine and currently running a very shiny CM7 :) Okay so the splash image is a little messed up but that can be fixed (don't know how) and I have a functioning phone again!

Thanks for your help!

Glad to hear you got it working B). If you look in the themes sub-forum, you'll find info on how to flash a splash image there. A couple of the threads have the stock splash image, or you can choose you own.

Guest Vvorth
No it won't work. If you want to repartition a stock Gen 2 phone, you need to follow the other sticky thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ded-gen2-blade/

Its more risky that this method, but if you're stock Gen 2 this one won't work.

OK, thank you. But I have Chinese V880 so its isn't works for me:

Do not use this guide for Chinese Blades (v880, x880) as they are not compatible

AFAIK this windows method is not works with chinese ones too - there is at least one bricked Blade(but may be that guy messed up and method is ok - i dont know).

Edited by Vvorth

Guest Amphoras
OK, thank you. But I have Chinese V880 so its isn't works for me:

AFAIK this windows method is not works with chinese ones too - there is at least one bricked Blade(but may be that guy messed up and method is ok - i dont know).

Ah ok. In that case I don't know how you repartition it, maybe someone else does.

Guest feckineejit

Can someone let me know which TPT file i need to use from the first page so i can make my phone gen 2, i have the first sf, oled that came out last year. and i'm running jj9 as its been ok for me, want a change now tho, but as i aint been on here for quite a while i am a little overwhelmed with the amount of changes on the forum. just want to know do i use the 1st :

Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7.zip mirror size:16.02mb md5:c10cd48bbfb8e2c16384ebb49e06eb5c partitions: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data

or

Alternative version: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b.zip mirror size: 16.03mb md5:c1b4966604579fcc4bb2f69b83b6cb75 partitions: 2mb cache, 140mb system, 314mb data

Thanks fro any help received.

Edited by feckineejit

Guest Amphoras
Can someone let me know which TPT file i need to use from the first page so i can make my phone gen 2, i have the first sf, oled that came out last year. and i'm running jj9 as its been ok for me, want a change now tho, but as i aint been on here for quite a while i am a little overwhelmed with the amount of changes on the forum. just want to know do i use the 1st :

or

Alternative version: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v7b.zip mirror size: 16.03mb md5:c1b4966604579fcc4bb2f69b83b6cb75 partitions: 2mb cache, 140mb system, 314mb data

Thanks fro any help received.

Depends what rom you want to use. Most should fit in a 140MB system, but some don't so you need to use the 160MB system. If you've decided what rom you wnt to move to, see if it tells you in that thread what size they need or not. If not, try asking and someone should be able to tell you. If you don't know, or are wanting to add lots of extra stuff to system, go for the 160MB one. Only downside is that you will have 20MB less space for apps/data.

Guest feckineejit
Depends what rom you want to use. Most should fit in a 140MB system, but some don't so you need to use the 160MB system. If you've decided what rom you wnt to move to, see if it tells you in that thread what size they need or not. If not, try asking and someone should be able to tell you. If you don't know, or are wanting to add lots of extra stuff to system, go for the 160MB one. Only downside is that you will have 20MB less space for apps/data.

i'm thinking of trying wbaw Ginger stir fry from here

will i be able to use the fat version?

Guest feckineejit
It's says how big it is in that thread?

i know it does i just wanted to be sure which tpt to use, and try not to mess the phone up. i will use the alternative version 140 system one i guess, thanks for the replies :)

Guest Jon76
i'm thinking of trying wbaw Ginger stir fry from here

will i be able to use the fat version?

If I have a nandroid backup of my phone running SS RLS5 in the 140Mb TPT image but I TPT upgrade to the 160Mb image, can I still restore it in the future?

Thanks in advance.

Update:- I did some more reading and I think I have to TPT back to the 140MB setup before I can restore my nandroid image. If that's not correct then please let me know.

(http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/338058/gen1-gen2-rom-cm-7-0-2stable-nxx-tpt-image-for-easy-install/)

Edited by Jon76

Guest hedgepigdaniel
Ah ok. In that case I don't know how you repartition it, maybe someone else does.

It could be done if someone was prepared to mod the Chinese appsboot.mbn/partition_zte.mbn (not something I know how to do). The windows flashing method works fine for the chinese blade (people have successfully flashed stock chinese firmware via windows to recovery from bricks) but they are not compatible with european appsboot.mbn files. In theory it should be possible to repartition a Chinese gen2 blade, and probably do much of what this TPT does via the windows method if someone wants to mod/test it.

Guest Chair

Hey, I flashed my blade with this package, but I didn't see (or didn't notice) any green text, just the new humongous android pic and then it went straight to Clockwork (which I think was updated to 3.0.2.7).

Was it properly flashed or will I brick it if I flash it with Gen2 ROM?

EDIT: Said "badword it" and went ahead. It was fine. :)

Edited by Chair

Guest Kerppa

I encountered a problem. I have a Saunalahti Finland ZTE Blade and yesterday I updated to cm7.0.0. mod. Today I decided to try the 7.0.3 so I tried to upgrade to gen2. I followed the guide here and everything worked up until I had to install the gen2 ROM. The installation failed and I don't know why. Now I can't boot the device normally, instead when I boot it a large green android figure appears and I can't do anything, I can only remove the battery and put it back. When I power on with vol+ then the green text appears and I go into clockwork. I have tried to remove, recover and delete everything but still I only get the green android guy whenever I boot the system. Is my phone bricked or is there something I can do? I am a noob in all of this so please explain what is wrong with my phone in detail. Thanks.

Guest hedgepigdaniel
I encountered a problem. I have a Saunalahti Finland ZTE Blade and yesterday I updated to cm7.0.0. mod. Today I decided to try the 7.0.3 so I tried to upgrade to gen2. I followed the guide here and everything worked up until I had to install the gen2 ROM. The installation failed and I don't know why. Now I can't boot the device normally, instead when I boot it a large green android figure appears and I can't do anything, I can only remove the battery and put it back. When I power on with vol+ then the green text appears and I go into clockwork. I have tried to remove, recover and delete everything but still I only get the green android guy whenever I boot the system. Is my phone bricked or is there something I can do? I am a noob in all of this so please explain what is wrong with my phone in detail. Thanks.

Get CM7 7.1.0 RC1 - its much more stable than 7.0.3. your download of CM7 was probably broken. Your phone is not getting past the green android because there is no ROM installed. go back into clockwork (turn on with volume up held) and flash CM7 again. alternatively you can download the package that includes CM7 on the OP.

Edited by hedgepigdaniel

Guest Kerppa

Thanks! It seems to have done the trick. Although I have one question, do I need gen2 for it to work properly? It works for me now and I haven't encountered any problems, but I still have a gen1 device, since I failed at upgrading it.

Thanks! It seems to have done the trick. Although I have one question, do I need gen2 for it to work properly? It works for me now and I haven't encountered any problems, but I still have a gen1 device, since I failed at upgrading it.

You didn't fail at upgrading it, your phone is now gen2.

Guest Quirin

1. Don't forget to erase the "image"-folder on your sd-card!

2. Here you can see if you have a gen2-blade: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...ask-mr-pigfish/

3. If you wanna go to clockwork again, just hold vol-minus when you start your blade.

Edited by Quirin

Guest wbaw

Added all in one rom upgrade TPT installs...

Gen1 to Gen2 All-in-one custom rom upgrade TPTs

These are all in one rom + gen2 radio firmware + clockworkmod installs for 'Gen1' ZTE Blades & Orange San Franciscos which were sold with Android 2.1 (Eclair). They will upgrade your phone to Gen2 radio firmware, install the rom & the latest ClockworkMod all in one step, even on unrooted phones. There are two versions of my Ginger Stir Fry - ZTE Gingerbread 2.3.4 based custom rom, one with the ZTE dialler, keyboard & other apps & the standard version with improved replacements.

To install: Unzip the file to the root of your sdcard, it will create an 'image' folder. Check the integrity of the files using AFV (available from android market) to find the nandroid.md5 file in the image directory, then long press on it & verify nandroid backup. Turn off your phone, leave it for at least 30 seconds, then hold menu & volume + when you power it on. You should see some green text (may be just a blank screen) then it should reboot & you should see a big android while it is performing it's first boot (this will take a while). Once it has successfully started up don't forget to delete the image folder on your sd card, to prevent any accidents.

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT

Download: gsf-blade-b9-tpt.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 101.03mb

MD5: 60a541641bf1062414c799c8e3345dbc

Ginger Stir Fry B9 Gen1 Upgrade TPT with ZTE Apps, Dialler & Keyboard

Download: gsf-blade-b9-zteapps-tpt.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 105.97mb

MD5: a5765b0aa9da0068abe5437caf8c729b

CyanogenMod 7.1 RC1

Download: cm-7.1.0-RC1-Blade-TPT.zip mirror mirror

Download size: 104.48mb

MD5: 4e7a35b4485bf0296ba57c1f4730c4e3