Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade

Guest wbaw

Freshly downloaded Ginger Stir Fry Beta 19 Gen1 to Gen2 Upgrade TPT

Image folder put onto new blank SD

Checked with Winmd5

SD put onto switched off Blade (that had previously been able to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery v.4.0.05)

Menu /+/power

Same result: Freezes at splash.img 85% error!

After Gen2 to Gen1 I can now get into CMR 3.0.1.4

Which step of the De-Bricking Guide should I try next?

With which ROM?

Any ideas what is wrong?

Have you tried those slightly older TPT's that I linked?

Edited by k0zmic

Guest Amphoras

Checked with Winmd5

SD put onto switched off Blade (that had previously been able to boot into ClockworkMod Recovery v.4.0.05)

Menu /+/power

With which ROM?

Any ideas what is wrong?

If you have another sdcard you can use, try that and see if it works.

If not, you could try flashing the Gen 2 to Gen 1 TPT again so you're reset to Gen 1. After that unzip one of the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPTs, check the md5sums and delete the splash.img file. If its failing on that, maybe if you don't include it it will be ok?

If you have another sdcard you can use, try that and see if it works.

Yeah try another SD Card. Some are just incompatible for some reason.

Edited by k0zmic

Guest antiluddite

K0smic: the older TPTs are Gen1 to Gen2

I tried one no joy.

I can only get into ClockworkMod Recovery after a Gen2 to Gen1 TPT.

Therefore, for the time being, I think I'm going to stick with Gen1 stuff.

Though I will try Amphoras's idea (without the splash.img)

The SD card is a shiny new TDK 8GB jobbie. (The problem first appeared using the included Verbatim 2GB one).

If Amphora's idea doesn't work, can someone suggest a basic Gen 1 ROM file(?zip?) to use from the recovery screen I get after using the Gen2-Gen1TPT.

Edited by antiluddite

K0smic: the older TPTs are Gen1 to Gen2

I tried one no joy.

I can only get ClockworkMod Recovery after a Gen2 to Gen1 TPT.

Therefore, for the time being,I think I'm going to stick with Gen1 stuff.

Though I will try Amphoras's idea (without the splash.img)

The SD card is a shiny new TDK 8GB jobbie. (The problem first appeared using the included Verbatim 2GB one).

If Amphora's idea doesn't work, can someone suggest a Gen 1 ROM file(?zip?) to use from the recovery screen I get after using the Gen2-Gen1TPT.

That's really odd.

Yeah, you can use Swedish Spring to flash from recovery, it's compatible with Gen 1 or Gen 2 phones.

Checked with Winmd5

Menu /+/power

With which ROM?

Any ideas what is wrong?

Don't panic.

If you don't care about the splash image (green android when you power on the phone, then just delete the splash.img from any of the gen1 to gen2 upgrade tpts that you've downloaded & then they should work.

If you like having a green android when you turn your phone on, then use version 4 - http://www.mediafire.com/?3aw8n4y737lvw77

Guest antiluddite

HAAALELUJAH! HAAALELUJAH! HALELUJAH! HALELUJAH! HALE-EH-LU-JAH!

Thank you wbaw. Now up and running. That was so simple, even I should have sorted that. And I've only been messing with computers for 32 years.

But I have not messed with flashing stuff for 5 years.

Thanks to all others that assisted.

Sorry for spamming up your thread with my noobiness.

(Exits to have a lie down and a cup of tea.)

HAAALELUJAH! HAAALELUJAH! HALELUJAH! HALELUJAH! HALE-EH-LU-JAH!

Thank you wbaw. Now up and running. That was so simple, even I should have sorted that. And I've only been messing with computers for 32 years.

But I have not messed with flashing stuff for 5 years.

Thanks to all others that assisted.

Sorry for spamming up your thread with my noobiness.

(Exits to have a lie down and a cup of tea.)

Did the v4 version work then?

I think I might have saved a little too much space in later versions... the partition for the splash image was 1.5mb, but the splash image itself is only 752kb, so I cut the size of the splash partition to 768kb & added the other 768kb onto /data. It looks like there was a reason for the extra space allowed originally, maybe one of the blocks of memory at that location on your phone is bad & because I made the splash partition only just big enough for the image there wasn't any room to re-allocate it.

I'll fix it sometime.

Edited by wbaw

Guest klaas012

guys, I've ran into a little problem with my blade. Here's the thing:

I have a TFT blade from the UK, bought it in February (so it's Gen1). To try out new roms I used the TPT here to convert it to Gen2, which worked well and I have been running CM7 and GSF for a bit. Now comes the shitty part, I forgot to remove/rename the "image"-dir on my SDcard and when I tried to get into clockworkmod recovery yesterday I may have pressed power on + vol-up (maybe getting me into TPT mode).

Now my phone boots fine,but clockworkmod recovery doesnt do anything anymore. I can get into recovery mode, but whenever I select an option from the menu it shows me the logo of the orange cirle with the black hat and stays there. The only way to get out is to remove the battery. What is wrong here? (According to Rom-manager everything is good (installed version is 5.0.2.0))

Samsung-Mesmerize-ClockworkMod-recovery.png

Guest timfimjim

Now my phone boots fine,but clockworkmod recovery doesnt do anything anymore. I can get into recovery mode, but whenever I select an option from the menu it shows me the logo of the orange cirle with the black hat and stays there. The only way to get out is to remove the battery. What is wrong here? (According to Rom-manager everything is good (installed version is 5.0.2.0))

If you tried the gen1-2 tpt without a zip file in the root of your blade you might get problems...

I'd suggest you download a new rom and the gen1-gen2 tpt and perform another tpt

Edited by timfimjim

Guest klaas012

SOLVED:

I\m a bit ashamed to admit it guys, but there was nothing wrong with my Blade... I just discovered that the correct button to press in clockworkmod-recovery is the "home" button, not the "menu"button. Stupid mistake but it can get in your head. So thanks for the replies and hopefully someone else will read this and realize to check the keymap...

working blade again with GSF B22 :-)

I have a TFT blade from the UK, bought it in February (so it's Gen1). To try out new roms I used the TPT here to convert it to Gen2, which worked well and I have been running CM7 and GSF for a bit. Now comes the shitty part, I forgot to remove/rename the "image"-dir on my SDcard and when I tried to get into clockworkmod recovery yesterday I may have pressed power on + vol-up (maybe getting me into TPT mode).

Guest wing_commander6

should the big green android logo be on after the screen with the green text because I have it now (not an all in one rom and conversion just gen 1 to gen 2) thanks mike

Guest timfimjim

SOLVED:

I\m a bit ashamed to admit it guys, but there was nothing wrong with my Blade... I just discovered that the correct button to press in clockworkmod-recovery is the "home" button, not the "menu"button. Stupid mistake but it can get in your head. So thanks for the replies and hopefully someone else will read this and realize to check the keymap...

working blade again with GSF B22 :-)

lol glad to see you're sorted!

Perhaps try a slightly older version of clockworkmod, like 5.0.1.0, as at least one person had problems with 5.0.2.0

Just updated clockworkmod & increased size of the splash partition slightly. The new version is for the benefit of new users, there is no reason for anybody to update.

Download: Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v9-custom.zip mirror mirror mirror

File size: 16.72 MB

MD5: a178bdbf53c92beea182d26c570a1ef9

SHA1: f45b7d97f4611230c5be9550b36f95a4c82e20c2

Partitions: 2mb cache, 160mb system, 294mb data, 0.1mb oem

Guest Mounthooly

I installed your GSF 23rom the other day, works fine.

Can you help me with a small problem....I can't get Universal Androot to install, I want to use a screenshot app and all the apps Ive looked at will only work on a rooted phone. I can't get my Blade rooted.

Message reads

FAILED! NO FU GOO

slainte

I installed your GSF 23rom the other day, works fine.

Can you help me with a small problem....I can't get Universal Androot to install, I want to use a screenshot app and all the apps Ive looked at will only work on a rooted phone. I can't get my Blade rooted.

Message reads

FAILED! NO FU GOO

slainte

GSF is already rooted.

Guest Mounthooly

GSF is already rooted.

I was just about to look and find out if that was the case....had a sneaky suspicion it was...

Thank you

but you would have thought this guy would have known..... My link

a link to ZTE Blade facebook page

Edited by Mounthooly