[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One

Guest Len Ash

Guest SAVVVAS12
WiFi or WiFi tethering? WiFi itself has no known issues. I suggest you check you router settings or reboot. Note that Netgear routers are not "Mobile" friendly.

Hi LanceH, While I am in my home network it works perfectly (wifi). I think it appears when there is a weak signal, not sure enough, I will investigate a little bit and I will inform you.

Guest happyandroid
Hi Lance

Firstly many thanks for your work on this ROM. I love it. The only problem I have is that I can't get autheticated WIFI tethering work. I have tried using the inbuilt 2.2 software and other software from the market and I can't get it to work. I am sure it's something I may be doing wrong so if you can put me right I'd be very grateful.

I have been having the same problem. the phone goes into tether mode the other computers can connect to the wifi BUT not to the internet. Thats with the standard app and with wireless tether from app store with this i can do the same but in the log file it says"activating wifi interface" fail.

any ideas would be nice.Allan

from a quick read on the net we need a "You need a netfilter-enabled kernel installed" can anyone confirm if SS is this.

Edited by happyandroid

Guest andy9876
I have been having the same problem. the phone goes into tether mode the other computers can connect to the wifi BUT not to the internet. Thats with the standard app and with wireless tether from app store with this i can do the same but in the log file it says"activating wifi interface" fail.

any ideas would be nice.Allan

from a quick read on the net we need a "You need a netfilter-enabled kernel installed" can anyone confirm if SS is this.

My issue is this:

USB. Tethering works and I can access the internet from my XP Laptop.

Unsecured Wifi tethering using built-in android 2.2 works

Encrypted WPA wifi does not work using built in 2.2

Barnacle Wifi does not work at all nor does wifi tether apps from the market

What I'd like is the ability to use a encrypted wifi tethering.

Apart from this issue this is a wonderful rom

Guest Liesse

Just flashed my brand new Blade with the Gingerbread flavour of this rom. Thank you Lance; I'm really enjoying using it! I've noticed a speed increase over the stock ROM, and the black launcher and circle look nice and pretty. Looking forward to playing with it some more soon!

Guest XpressAndy

Hi Lance,

Problem here. I had installed the RLS5 phat (1st one) 1-2 weeks back. Today I tried to normal reboot the phone using Extra settings app.

But, touchscreen is not responding! I'm not able to unlock the phone, not am I able to reboot it.

What could be the problem?

Guest XpressAndy

Also when GTalk app was there in my RLS4 phat version. When I upgraded to RLS5 phat, the GTalk app is not there in app drawer anymore. But, I still receive GTalk notification if someone send me a chart message. When I click that notification it doesn't do anything. Previousy it used to open GTalk.

How can I get the GTalk app back?

Guest XpressAndy
Hi Lance,

Problem here. I had installed the RLS5 phat (1st one) 1-2 weeks back. Today I tried to normal reboot the phone using Extra settings app.

But, touchscreen is not responding! I'm not able to unlock the phone, not am I able to reboot it.

What could be the problem?

I removed battery and started the phone. Problem gone now. But, does anybody know why it happened? There are many posts regarding touchscreen freezes, but they all were after installing custom ROM. Mine happened after software reboot using Extra Settings app.

Guest DumonKri

I tried to install the rom but am having issues connecting to O2, the phone can't find any network. Any ideas? I did a data wipe and cache wipe beforehand. I'm trying to install the themed version.

Edited by DumonKri

Guest deanhiggins2
Love the new boot animation LanceH :mellow:

Like the picme...

1303662433.png

Thanks yet again for your work :o

BTW - what is com.appspot.swisscodemonkeys.apps.apk and is it safe to remove..?

hello can you tell me where you got the launcherpro icons thank you

Guest derekwilliamsuk

Anyone else noticed that some of the arithmetic characters are missing from the default Calculator App with the GB Themed version and updated font pack ?

Guest Gilthoniel

hey guys, just wondering a few things. I'm new to Android and I just got my Blade today. I managed to root and flashed LanceH's remixed Swedish Spring ROM onto it without any problems.

1) how can i change the ondemand settings?

2) How do i change settings for WiFi off when screen is sleeping or left on when sleeping?

3) How do I make sure my phone isn't syncing information all the time?

4) How do I change my app drawer to 3D, and arrange icons based on frequently used?

sorry for all thw questions but i've been toying with it for so long I've really no idea how to get those things working...

thanks!

Guest nicksoph
Anyone else noticed that some of the arithmetic characters are missing from the default Calculator App with the GB Themed version and updated font pack ?

Yes

+1

There are also characters missing from the ALT keyboard screen.

Missing glyphs in the font pack?

Anybody got any info on what the font sets need to be?

Guest nicksoph

I updated to the phat GB version here from the vanilla SS5 and found I had a similar problem to you, After a wipe and a clean install all seems fine.

Guest Gilthoniel

hey guys... anyone can help me out?

1) how can i change the ondemand settings? - I installed nofrills CPU from the market to get access to the settings page (is there a way to access the settings since it's already built in to the ROM?)

2) How do i change settings for WiFi off when screen is sleeping or left on when sleeping? - i downloaded Green Power

3) How do I make sure my phone isn't syncing information all the time? - Facebook is still sending me notifications... dun know how to get rid of that

4) How do I change my app drawer to 3D, and arrange icons based on frequently used? Live wall paper is something I still can't get working... how do i do it?

sorry for all thw questions but i've been toying with it for so long I've really no idea how to get those things working...

Guest mcfly666

Stupid question, but how would i uninstall some of the apps included in this rom? I've tried through app manager but the option is greyed out.

thanks

EDIT: nevermind, titanium backup removes them!

Edited by mcfly666

Guest haxxbaxx

seems to be a problem with the keyboard or somethin on this which i dont get on standard version of the rom. when i try to put numbers into my password or sometimes just type letters on the google account information bit the screen just skips back to the begin thingy. any ideas?

Guest Waadulf

Hi LanceH, pleased to met you and all that troll-stuff

Seems to be some problem with your GB themed SS RLS5, on my blade tho..

[*] After the screen goes to sleepe, I can't get it to wake up. Had to plug in the charger (not the Dodge) to wake it.

[*] Almost every hardware-buttons react as Home-button.

[*] Couldn't sign in to my gmail-account.

KalltKaffe's SS RLS5 works just fine.

My phone is a gen2 blade (upgraded by TPT with cm7 N57)

CWM is v3.0.2.7

Other than that it seemed very smooth and pretty :mellow:

Edited by Waadulf

Guest gomes29

[*] After the screen goes to sleepe, I can't get it to wake up. Had to plug in the charger (not the Dodge) to wake it.

CWM is v3.0.2.7

same happen here...

Guest Len Ash

CWM is v3.0.2.7

> 400 downloads and no issues like those seen or reported... suggest unclean flash (wipe and/or partly corrupt file - you DID check md5 hash?)

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Fou-lu

I think this is a CM7 bug, maybe brought over after you TPT the N57, many CM7 user's have this bug.

format system / wipe data / cache and try once more, shouldn't show up in 2.2 ?

Guest Len Ash
I think this is a CM7 bug, maybe brought over after you TPT the N57, many CM7 user's have this bug.

format system / wipe data / cache and try once more, shouldn't show up in 2.2 ?

I'm steering well away from CM7, so I have no means of validating the problems above. If both are coming via the same route, I think there is an issue. But not with SS5 in any form.

Guest gomes29
> 400 downloads and no issues like those seen or reported... suggest unclean flash (wipe and/or partly corrupt file - you DID check md5 hash?)

how i check md5 hash? sorry for my ignorance..

my phone is a gen2 upgraded by TPT just like Waadulf and he seems to have the same issues that i do when i flash this ROM.