[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One

Guest Len Ash

Guest Len Ash
That "phat" release that comes with every other gapp under the sun bar Gtalk?

It was in RLS4 :mellow:

It isn't included because NOBODY uses it.

If you really need it, see post 77 in the FLB Gen 2 post of mine.

Guest Coxeroni

Disagree. I also use it. And I agree, that if all the other apps were included, it would't have hurt to also include gTalk, also because it is not available in the market. But apart from it, great Remix :mellow:

Guest Deepeh

I gotta agree with Coxeroni below with that, I live on Gtalk as do all of my Android owning friends. RLS4 has given me 16 days of solid service without a single reboot or force-close. Awesome ROM, if you can link me to your post that'd be awesome since the search function on this board keeps moaning about me flooding. I'd really appreciate it

Disagree. I also use it. And I agree, that if all the other apps were included, it would't have hurt to also include gTalk, also because it is not available in the market. But apart from it, great Remix :mellow:

+1

Guest Len Ash
I gotta agree with Coxeroni below with that, I live on Gtalk as do all of my Android owning friends. RLS4 has given me 16 days of solid service without a single reboot or force-close. Awesome ROM, if you can link me to your post that'd be awesome since the search function on this board keeps moaning about me flooding. I'd really appreciate it

+1

I take that onboard, some previous remixes have not had GTalk and nobody mentioned it.

Part of my thrust with the ROMs is to remove stuff that adds little value.

Guest Deepeh
I take that onboard, some previous remixes have not had GTalk and nobody mentioned it.

Thanks bud :mellow: Really appreciate it as RLS4 has been a great daily driver! :o

Guest Coxeroni

That I really support. And still, it wasn't such a big effort to get gTalk out of the regular SS zip, though I was also confused when I couldn't find the icon :mellow:

Thanks again for great work!

Guest mvheuver

Thanks for the ROM. I've been using CM7 for a while now but decided to settle for something more stable for now. I like the Gingerbread theme and the circle battery, but can't get used to those new fonts. I downloaded the stock font pack, will try to flash that soon. Good work.

Guest Taliban
(...)After the battery calibration, my blade easily goes on for 4 days with little/some to no use before it needs a recharge.

How did you calibrated your battery?

Guest deksman2
How did you calibrated your battery?

Check your PM :-)

Aside from that... could someone else confirm the problem with the calculator not displaying the symbols but just dots in the middle of the buttons and the not so fluid application drawer?

Finally... the battery life on RLS4b was pretty good after calibration (as I said, 4 days with little/some use)

Yesterday I installed RLS5 Remix2-Phat One and I noticed that the battery was discharging rather fast (then again I'd regain a few % after restart, which is odd).

Perhaps I have to re-calibrate the battery and check again (which is what I intend on doing).

I'd hate to experience a repeat of what happened with FLB r11b Remix/Lite version (the battery drain on that one was excessive even during non-use, I'd have to recharge every day after little to no use at all).

If nothing works for me and the battery keeps on discharging very fast, I'd have to conclude that something with certain lite/remix ROMS seems to put an excessive drain on the battery and therefore are not viable to use.

Guest Taliban

Aside from that... could someone else confirm the problem with the calculator not displaying the symbols but just dots in the middle of the buttons and the not so fluid application drawer?

Finally... the battery life on RLS4b was pretty good after calibration (as I said, 4 days with little/some use)

Yesterday I installed RLS5 Remix2-Phat One and I noticed that the battery was discharging rather fast (then again I'd regain a few % after restart, which is odd).

Perhaps I have to re-calibrate the battery and check again (which is what I intend on doing).

I'd hate to experience a repeat of what happened with FLB r11b Remix/Lite version (the battery drain on that one was excessive even during non-use, I'd have to recharge every day after little to no use at all).

If nothing works for me and the battery keeps on discharging very fast, I'd have to conclude that something with certain lite/remix ROMS seems to put an excessive drain on the battery and therefore are not viable to use.

Precisely why I asked you, and once more thank you for your reply to my PM. I've noticed that with fully battery charged once I have 3G data on, 10 minutes after (more or less) 10% of the battery is gone. Still i'm going to re-calibrate the battery and check again.

Edited by Taliban

Guest Len Ash

If you believe you have a problem caused by this ROM, be it the Calculator or Battery Drain, please feel free to use a different ROM.

I have checked several phones and there is nothing wrong with the calculator display nor battery drain. If you have not installed the ROM(s) correctly or have added rogue apps, or used Titanium Backup, I cannot help you. Note that battery calibration is not necessary, it is merely necessary to charge and use the phone over a few days use for the stats to settle.

Also, I have no idea what else you have installed or changed, nor what settings you have, of course.

I have just checked Megaupload and there have been over 1600 downloads of this ROM... it seems you may have an issue not directly related to the ROM per se.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Taliban
If you believe you have a problem caused by this ROM, be it the Calculator or Battery Drain, please feel free to use a different ROM.

I have checked several phones and there is nothing wrong with the calculator display nor battery drain. If you have not installed the ROM(s) correctly or have added rogue apps, or used Titanium Backup, I cannot help you. Note that battery calibration is not necessary, it is merely necessary to charge and use the phone over a few days use for the stats to settle.

Also, I have no idea what else you have installed or changed, nor what settings you have, of course.

I have just checked Megaupload and there have been over 1600 downloads of this ROM... it seems you may have an issue not directly related to the ROM per se.

LanceH, in my case just deleted some Appz that you had (amazon and similar's), no titanium backup, nothing else. It's exactly how it was compilated. Nothing else added.

Do not interpret my previous words as a critic, but instead of sending me or other to use a different ROM, would be great if you captured all opinion's and facts where you could gain more information to develop your ROM into "perfection", that is if you want to continue developing it.

Either way, thanks for you input.

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Hi guys,

I'm on SS RLS5

Do I need to do a clean install (Just wipe data + cache +dalvik cache and then install from zip)

And how would I install the stock font pack? (I know in recovery but which options)

Newbie to doing this so please bear with me >.< Thank you!

Guest kazan79

I like your rom and thanks for it but with all due respect it looks like sometimes you take opinions and reviews as a bad criticism instead of using them, as Taliban mentioned, to gain more information to develop your ROM into "perfection".

Most of the people don't report about prolems with roms, so if someone did you as a developer should at least check where is the error.

LanceH, in my case just deleted some Appz that you had (amazon and similar's), no titanium backup, nothing else. It's exactly how it was compilated. Nothing else added.

Do not interpret my previous words as a critic, but instead of sending me or other to use a different ROM, would be great if you captured all opinion's and facts where you could gain more information to develop your ROM into "perfection", that is if you want to continue developing it.

Either way, thanks for you input.

Talibn, I'll tell you where exactly is the problem with Calculator. LancH in "SS RLS 5 Phat GB" rom used fonts without special characters for Calculator.

Flash original fonts and all shoud be OK.

|Kazan|

Edited by kazan79

Guest Len Ash
I like your rom and thanks for it but with all due respect it looks like sometimes you take opinions and reviews as a bad criticism instead of using them, as Taliban mentioned, to gain more information to develop your ROM into "perfection".

Most of the people don't report about prolems with roms, so if someone did you as a developer should at least check where is the error.

Talibn, I'll tell you where exactly is the problem with Calculator. LancH in "SS RLS 5 Phat GB" rom used fonts without special characters for Calculator.

|Kazan|

Well spotted with the fonts! Noted points about criticism - however, repeated "user" error tends to be very wearing....

I will try and be more receptive. Of course, as you have shown, experienced users could chip in too...

Cheers

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Taliban

|Kazan|

Great... not an App that a guy uses every day but sometimes may be useful (specially at the end of the month lol)

Thanks a lot :mellow:

P.S. Just re-calibrated the battery and guess what, for now I've noticed some changes for better... will give it a day or two of intensive use and will give feedback.

LanceH your ROM seem's very fluid and light, very good indeed.

Edited by Taliban

Guest ShahinTehShiz

Anyone know If I need to do a clean install? (Just wipe data + cache +dalvik cache and then install from zip)

I'm on SS RLS5.

Guest deksman2

LanceH... what I mentioned were but a few observations and asked some questions, nothing more.

I don't 'believe', rather I think there might be a correlation between certain lite/remix roms and excessive battery drains that I've personally experienced.

As for the applications... I removed several that came with the ROM such as amazon, the weather, the news (none of which I personally use since I obtain my info differently), and nothing was added that could be 'rogue' since the % on the battery was falling prior to installing any new apps by simply turning on the Wifi and GPS... but as I said... I will probably have to recalibrate again and test since there's a possibility it's nothing more than a glitch (and I installed the ROM properly).

The Calculator btw, DOES have an issue... it's because of the font as another user already mentioned.

Guest redbaron51

sorry to ask again, but....

Not sure whether I am doing something silly here....

Have just flashed my device from SSr4b (wipe cache factory reset) and gmail account isn't sync'ing on the market, i.e., saved apps not being downloaded.

any hints????

boot animation is great

Guest DaneelS

I went gen1 to gen2 then flashed this ROM. Unfortunately, my phone could not get a signal. I then flashed SS5 and all is well. I'm not sure what the issue is, but looking at the SS5 thread, I'm not the only one who had this problem.

Now to see if gen2 fixes my poor battery life...

Guest hankhandsome

i just can't get this to flash at all. i can flash the original swedish spring and that comes up and works fine. this, however, just point blank will NOT fly. whenever i reboot it just gets stuck on the green android logo.

Guest Len Ash
i just can't get this to flash at all. i can flash the original swedish spring and that comes up and works fine. this, however, just point blank will NOT fly. whenever i reboot it just gets stuck on the green android logo.

Gen 1 or 2? And have you been using CM7 at all?

Guest hankhandsome

I started off Gen1, used the CM7 TFT image. Then flashed the Gen1 to Gen2 conversion seperately so should have been fully Gen2 before I flashed it.

Guest XpressAndy

My phone restarts during calls! Not sure what could be the issue. I have RLS5 Remix phat.

Anyone else facing this problem?

Edited by XpressAndy