[ROM] Swedish Spring RLS5 Remix2 - Phat One

Guest Len Ash

Guest deksman2
My phone restarts during calls! Not sure what could be the issue. I have RLS5 Remix phat.

Anyone else facing this problem?

I don't seem to be experiencing that kind of a problem here (although I removed some of the extra applications except the weather in the application drawer)...

Have you by any chance overclocked the cpu?

That might be what's causing the restarts.

I also wanted to ask about how are your people's batteries holding up when using the phone?

Mine seems to be discharging much faster than before when using the gps and Wifi.

It's as if I'm lose 1% within 2 minutes.

I don't think that's a good thing, especially since on some of the previous roms the drain was slower under same circumstances.

When I'm not using the phone though, I seem to be losing very small amounts of % (it's well within acceptable parameters).

Guest Biscuitman
I went gen1 to gen2 then flashed this ROM. Unfortunately, my phone could not get a signal. I then flashed SS5 and all is well. I'm not sure what the issue is, but looking at the SS5 thread, I'm not the only one who had this problem.

Now to see if gen2 fixes my poor battery life...

My experience exactly when I went for the GB version which was annoying as I greatly prefer Lance 's versions of SS to the stock one. No signal and no wifi.

I only changed in the hope that it would improve the reception. Changed to GEN 2 via pinned topic and then tried to install SS Phat GB. Will try with the other version and see if that works

Nope doesn't work either - same error no wifi or signal - bother! Keep up the good work Lance, I'm sure it's bound to be some idiot step I'm missing....

Edited by Biscuitman

Guest Biscuitman
My experience exactly when I went for the GB version which was annoying as I greatly prefer Lance 's versions of SS to the stock one. No signal and no wifi.

I only changed in the hope that it would improve the reception. Changed to GEN 2 via pinned topic and then tried to install SS Phat GB. Will try with the other version and see if that works

Nope doesn't work either - same error no wifi or signal - bother! Keep up the good work Lance, I'm sure it's bound to be some idiot step I'm missing....

Has anyone got an idea what the issue is as I'll probably go with stock SS5 to see if gen 2 makes a diff on reception or battery for a while before reverting back to Lance's remix on gen 1 (it is so much better than stock) - it's amazing how the differences annoy

Guest hankhandsome

i've just decided to try and flash this again and it's currently been stuck on the green android logo for 2 minutes and counting. i came from the regular SS, but i did a full wipe just to be on the safe side.

I know the first boot is supposed to take a while so i'm prepared to leave it for a little while longer but not too much ..

I'm on Gen2, for the record.

I'll be back in 5 minutes to see if there's any change ..

Guest thib1024

Hi,

I've flashed my phone with this ROM (thanks LanceH and kallt_kaffe for your work!): all looks good so far, apart from weird crashes of the browser.

If I:

1) start the browser

2) tap on the address/search bar

3) type "test"

4) click on the key "Go" (of the virtual keyboard)

I get: "Sorry! The application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

However if I:

1) start the browser (the google web page loads)

2) tap on the google web page search field within the page to select it

3) type "test"

4) click on the key"Go" (of the virtual keyboard)

then it works just fine.

Has anyone had this issue? Any idea how I could troubleshoot/fix this?

Thanks!

Guest hankhandsome
Hi

just to say that I really love this ROM.

how did you flash it ?

i'd love to use it as my permanent rom but it doesn't pick up a signal. the only way i managed to flash it was to flash swedish spring then flash this over the top with no wipes.

Guest thib1024
Hi,

I've flashed my phone with this ROM (thanks LanceH and kallt_kaffe for your work!): all looks good so far, apart from weird crashes of the browser.

If I:

1) start the browser

2) tap on the address/search bar

3) type "test"

4) click on the key "Go" (of the virtual keyboard)

I get: "Sorry! The application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

However if I:

1) start the browser (the google web page loads)

2) tap on the google web page search field within the page to select it

3) type "test"

4) click on the key"Go" (of the virtual keyboard)

then it works just fine.

Has anyone had this issue? Any idea how I could troubleshoot/fix this?

Thanks!

In case anyone has the same problem, I ended up installing the Swedish SPring RLS5 (not the remix but the 'original' one from kallt_kaffe) over this one without clearing the cache or the data and that fixed the problem.

Guest camille1462
how did you flash it ?

i'd love to use it as my permanent rom but it doesn't pick up a signal. the only way i managed to flash it was to flash swedish spring then flash this over the top with no wipes.

I flashed it on top (no wipe) of the old SS3 remix which I loved too.

I never had any problem with any of these ROMs, except for the signs in the calculator. I am applying the standard font zip right now to see if it solves it...

Too bad 'cause I loved the new font.

Do anyone know how to stay with the new font AND have the good signs in the calculator?

Edited by camille1462

Guest hankhandsome

i might have to dig out an older version and flash that first then - i'd ideally like to use it as my main rom

Guest XpressAndy

Which Kernel is used in this ROM? Can we flash the kernels (Comviq or Softbank) provide by kallt_kaffe in his SS RLS 5 thread?

My phone restarts during calls! Would flashing the kernels solve the issue?

We can flash the kernel through recovery (install zip from sd card), right?

Guest ZBlade

Hi, up to this time I've spend my time in reading how to mod my new Base Lutea, :(

I've upgraded the stock eclair rom via recovery-manager and clockwork to this very nice rom. Everything went nice and I'm absolut happy, satisfied... euphoric <_< how well everyting (except avi playing) runs on my phone!

MANY THANKS, LanceH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But now I've got some questions:

First I've uninstalled some unwanted apps via TitaniumBackup. Now I'm planning to repartioning my phone to use the wasted memory. First I've made a factory reset out of the android menu and my apps were gone, thats what I've expected.

But what I don't understand is that only a few apps from the phat rom are restored!?!!

Can anyone explain?

What should I do to repartioning my device?

1. Remove only the unwanted apps from the "Swedish_Spring_RLS5_LSH.zip", flash it again with clockwork and then repartioning?

2. Continue with the factory-resetted phone?

and 3rd: Do I gain more space with method 1. ? :P :rolleyes:

Guest ShahinTehShiz

I've got SS RLS5 (Original by Kalt_Kaffe) and was wondering:

If I wanted to install this, do I need to do a factory reset, clear data and cache?

and If I wanted only the AOSP Dialler and Contacts how would I do that?

Guest mi_st

Hi there!

Thanks for a great ROM.

How can I get a root access?

I want to uninstall some of the stock ROM apps and can't do it =(

Guest ZBlade
[...]

How can I get a root access?

[...]

superuser is already installed and this rom is rooted out of the box. Use the integrated titanium backup to remove apps :D

Guest mi_st

Thanks. Titanium backup helped.

But still I can't get live wallpapers working.

There's no choice "Live wallpaper" when i'm setting wallpaper.

How can I fix it?

MD5 was ok.

Guest Len Ash
Thanks. Titanium backup helped.

But still I can't get live wallpapers working.

There's no choice "Live wallpaper" when i'm setting wallpaper.

How can I fix it?

MD5 was ok.

Not included

Guest ThePerfectOne

Is there any way to get the Smart Dialer back in to this ROM? Tried from JJF9 but update script doesn't work with new clockworks and manually overwriting system app apk files breaks the contacts.

Guest Len Ash
Is there any way to get the Smart Dialer back in to this ROM? Tried from JJF9 but update script doesn't work with new clockworks and manually overwriting system app apk files breaks the contacts.

Yes, it's possible. I'll put together a CWM flashable zip later.

Are you sure you need SmartDialler? Is there a reason other than preference? Just interested.

Guest ZBlade

Has anyone had problems to get a2sd working? I've partitioned my sd and got a2sd working via adb "a2sd reinstall".

But froyo can't mount the first fat32 partition. Tried to format via clockwork, no luck...

Any suggestions?