Latest official 2.1 rom (RBM2)

Guest pepe24

Guest jimmie32

I got the battery in an electronics market in Beijing, but look around eBay for high-capacity batteries and you may find something.

I used the boot.img from a few pages back, Page 2, #21 post. It has the USB fix and 691MHz overclock.

I wish there was a 710Mhz+ one though :)

Guest twrock
I got the battery in an electronics market in Beijing, but look around eBay for high-capacity batteries and you may find something.

I used the boot.img from a few pages back, Page 2, #21 post. It has the USB fix and 691MHz overclock.

I finally went back and read through the whole thread. Good stuff.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get Pepe's v.4 to run on my phone (U8220). Looks like I might have to work with Flibblesan's version and install the various fixes.

Guest Casterina

This ROM is sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

After INTENSE texting, i got 83% battery from discharging the phone at 8.30am its now 7.20pm.. pretty good!!

This is will probably last me three days and this is with the standard battery which comes with the phone..:)

Guest Casterina
Not installed :)

infinitely loading

The first boot takes time.. what have you done so far before you installed RBM? did you wipe data/factory reset?

Guest twrock

Can anyone verify for me whether this 691 kernel is set to default to 691mhz? I can not get any version of this rom to work with that kernel. It sometimes boots for a few seconds, then reboots. Sometimes it doesn't get past the splash screen without rebooting. I having the feeling that this kernel is set to 691 by default, and my phone has always been unstable at higher mhz levels (stable at 614, but definitely has never been able to run at 691).

As an alternate, Pepe, can you explain what you did to get the USB working?

Edited by twrock

Guest Casterina
Can anyone verify for me whether this 691 kernel is set to default to 691mhz? I can not get any version of this rom to work with that kernel. It sometimes boots for a few seconds, then reboots. Sometimes it doesn't get past the splash screen without rebooting. I having the feeling that this kernel is set to 691 by default, and my phone has always been unstable at higher mhz levels (stable at 614, but definitely has never been able to run at 691).

As an alternate, Pepe, can you explain what you did to get the USB working?

Its 691 set on default, I'm running u8220 and its working fine for me :/

Guest pessta

I really like this rom. It is stable, fast etc.....but......

1. Sometimes I have random restarting during the calling.

2. The USB storage works, but after i copied files to sd card, I got "wrong sd card" message

and I can't use it. After restart everything is ok.

Ideas?

Edit: usb doesnt work

Edited by pessta

Guest j1exus

And what the capacity of your battery? And is it market also HB4F1 as standart battery?

Guest jimmie32

It's labeled "HB4F1-compatible High-Capacity Phone Battery, 2500mAh 3.7V (4.2V)", translated of course.

It's 691MHz by default, yeah, if you can't get it to downscale you have to stick with the 528MHz stock kernel. Some phones (like mine) run very stable even at 748, but some start to break as soon as you overclock it (I used to have a friend with one that died at 595.2MHz, so the only OC option was 576.0MHz, eh), so, it's just luck...

As for the U8230V100R001C75B874.zip above, I'll look into it when I have time... I still have the .32 kernel to deal with.

Guest twrock
Its 691 set on default, I'm running u8220 and its working fine for me :/

Ok, thanks. Well, at least I know that I can't use that boot.img. (I definitely prefer that way Starkos did it, but enabling higher speeds, but defaulting to a "reasonable" speed.)

I stuck the latest UK boot.img in there last night, and everything worked really well. But I'll have to see if that gives me the battery life everyone is raving about.

The look and feel is very similar to the CHT8000 stock rom so far. I don't like the "whiteness" of the look, but stability and battery life will over-rule the look of it.

Incidentally, I have never understood people complaining about the stability of the CM6 mods. Those mods are the most stable roms I have ever used. My only issue with those has been battery life. So if this one doesn't give me an immediate improvement in battery life, I'm definitely going back to my CM6 TWeak mod.

Guest twrock
2. The USB storage works, but after i copied files to sd card, I got "wrong sd card" message

and I can't use it. After restart everything is ok.

Ideas?

Edit: usb doesnt work

Which boot.img are you using?

I had the USB problem with the boot.img in Flibblesan's version of the rom. (and I can't run Pepe's boot.img)

I'd like to figure this out, but I have to go to work now. Maybe tonight I'll rebuild it all from the original and see what I can do with it.

In the mean time, I'm using Flib's version with a boot.img out of a modified UK 2011 rom. Everything works, but I don't know if that will ruin battery life or not. I don't know what it is about this rom that seems to deliver the great battery life. If it is in the boot.img/kernel, then I won't be getting the benefits.

belorussian, what device is that rom for (c75b874)?

Edit: Upon reboot, the system is telling me my SD card is damaged and may need to be reformatted. So, no, what I've done so far is not working at all.

Pepe, might you be willing to rebuild your kernel to default to 614?

Edited by twrock

Guest pessta
Which boot.img are you using?

I had the USB problem with the boot.img in Flibblesan's version of the rom. (and I can't run Pepe's boot.img)

I'd like to figure this out, but I have to go to work now. Maybe tonight I'll rebuild it all from the original and see what I can do with it.

In the mean time, I'm using Flib's version with a boot.img out of a modified UK 2011 rom. Everything works, but I don't know if that will ruin battery life or not. I don't know what it is about this rom that seems to deliver the great battery life. If it is in the boot.img/kernel, then I won't be getting the benefits.

belorussian, what device is that rom for (c75b874)?

Edit: Upon reboot, the system is telling me my SD card is damaged and may need to be reformatted. So, no, what I've done so far is not working at all.

Pepe, might you be willing to rebuild your kernel to default to 614?

I used Flib's boot.img version, 2010 UK update, kernel 2.6.29-perf. Everything was ok, expect the random restarting and USB mistake.

I returned to FLB 1.7., but I hope U can do something, I would like to use this ROM. It,s more stable and fast.

Guest axaaxa

ok gais i only cane flash my phone withe zip file (dload ) cant be ubdeat or inestill can u give me zip file wiche clode the three file but mast be with arabic

Guest belorussian
ok gais i only cane flash my phone withe zip file (dload ) cant be ubdeat or inestill can u give me zip file wiche clode the three file but mast be with arabic

Ffffuck my brain...@facepalm@

Guest jimmie32

If anyone here is willing to compile the kernel remember I'm waiting for a 710/748MHz one too :)

I can't do anything right now, I broke my buildenv for the 27th time and I don't want to stress my gaming rig for compiles anymore. It's summer, temperatures are high over here, liquid cooling isn't doing the job properly for my 5GHz i7, I don't even dare to turn it on.

Once I managed to setup my buildenv back again on my main desktop (Stock C2D, Yay) I'll try a .29 compile with 614 Default/691 Max, then a 614 Default/748 Max kernel. Then I might get into .32, but I'm pretty lazy now. B)

Why do you guys get random reboots? I never had any stability problems... Mmm...

Guest jimmie32

I'll try to build a custom ROM with all these useless Huawei PC Suite things removed and (possibly) a OC'd .29 kernel. .32 is unlikely though.

I am trying to remove all the customizations to the UI though, maybe I can make it vanilla :)

(The green colors were cool for a few days then it got really stupid)

EDIT: Is anyone here with a U8230/U8220-256MB noticing insanely high RAM usages? My unit has always been reporting nearly 252M used out of (384M? Not sure, mine is an internal model, it reports 384M though), and a test u8220-6 relaxes that a bit, ~172M/231M. This is stock, number reported by ASI, don't know what's using all this RAM... better not be the Huawei thingies

Edited by jimmie32

Guest twrock
Why do you guys get random reboots? I never had any stability problems... Mmm...

Because some the CPU's really can't handle high overclocking. No two CPU's are exactly the same, and obviously I have one that just can't handle the extra speed/heat.

I haven't heard of anyone that can't run at 614 though, so I assume that is a "safe" default number.

"Vanilla" is generally good for me, but I hate the white Power Control Widget. IIRC, it wasn't too hard to change that, but I've become lazy in my old age. :)

Ok, enough talk. Time to start modifying some rom. B)