Latest official 2.1 rom (RBM2)

Guest pepe24

Guest pessta
Because some the CPU's really can't handle high overclocking. No two CPU's are exactly the same, and obviously I have one that just can't handle the extra speed/heat.

I haven't heard of anyone that can't run at 614 though, so I assume that is a "safe" default number.

"Vanilla" is generally good for me, but I hate the white Power Control Widget. IIRC, it wasn't too hard to change that, but I've become lazy in my old age. :)

Ok, enough talk. Time to start modifying some rom. :D

Ok, enough talk. Time to start modifying some rom. ;)

;) :D :D Good work! And don't be lazy to share it. B)

Guest Casterina
Because some the CPU's really can't handle high overclocking. No two CPU's are exactly the same, and obviously I have one that just can't handle the extra speed/heat.

I haven't heard of anyone that can't run at 614 though, so I assume that is a "safe" default number.

"Vanilla" is generally good for me, but I hate the white Power Control Widget. IIRC, it wasn't too hard to change that, but I've become lazy in my old age. :)

633mhz is very stable on u8220, so you shouldn't have any problems at all B)

Guest j1exus

is there any possibility to "insert" new version of googleapps in this rom?

And sorry my stupidity, but what about JIT?.... Is it enabled? Linpack shows me almost 3.. on flb 1.7 I have had 4.7...

Guest Casterina
is there any possibility to "insert" new version of googleapps in this rom?

And sorry my stupidity, but what about JIT?.... Is it enabled? Linpack shows me almost 3.. on flb 1.7 I have had 4.7...

JIT is better disabled, better stability, and you can easily update them from the android market

Guest twrock
633mhz is very stable on u8220, so you shouldn't have any problems at all :)

But we aren't talking about 633. The problem is that Pepe's kernel defaults to 691. I can't get it to run long enough to set it lower.

Guest twrock
I've installed B874 Rom and I like it very much,my phone works fast and stable! But it'is too much unnecessary soft

Is it a standard "pink" T-Mobile rom?

Guest twrock

;) ;) :D Good work! And don't be lazy to share it. B)

This rom is a pain to mod!!!! Nothing I do seems to result in any kind of consistency. If not for the "promise" of long battery life, I think I'd just drop it. :)

Guest twrock
You cant, you must support Redbull F1 team, but they are winning aniway......

Just jokeing, it is part of the boot.img, I dont know how to change it, but I dont think it will bother You,

I didn't see it for a week, I dont need to restart the phone.

Pepe

Yes, it's part of the boot.img: initlogo.rle.

As I was modifying a boot.img recently, I replaced it with the standard "android" splash image (pulled from another boot.img).

Guest jimmie32

Has anyone tried the TTMobil one to see if's more "vanilla" than the Redbull one?

Also, does anyone have a COMPLETE framework-res.apk from Android 2.1? We could just flash that and most of the looks (except the icons) will go vanilla, then we could just replace all Android APKs with 2.1 Vanilla (MDPI-compatible) ones... I'll try it later, let's try to build a decent ROM out of this.

Guest twrock

Since someone asked me to share, here is a beta rom:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wc1yejmc0cjozg6

*Wipe before you install!

The basic info:

Built with dsixda kitchen v.167

Root/SU

Busybox runparts

DT A2SD (cachesd enabled)

528 mhz swap kernel ("borrowed" swap kernel from FLB; ramdisk is still RBM)

A number of deletions from /system/app and /system/media

/data enabled with a few apps dumped in there

RBM logos/splash replaced

HanvonCalla IME (just ignore it if you don't want to use it)

build.prop modifications

Recommendations:

I don't know yet what size partitions this needs. I'm currently using the TRE partitions and it fits easily there.

Install Terminal Emulator and set swappiness to 30 or less ASAP!

Since Gallery.apk has been removed, I recommend QuickPic by Nanling (http://alensw.com) from the Market

Edited by twrock

Guest ganker

The basic info:

Root/SU

Busybox runparts

build.prop modifications

Recommendations:

I don't know yet what size partitions this needs. I'm currently using the TRE partitions and it fits easily there.

Since Gallery.apk has been removed, I recommend QuickPic by Nanling (http://alensw.com) from the Market

Thank you.

Guest biron_w

I installed Pepe24's rom on the 22nd. Gave my phone a full charge that night and my battery is still just under 1/2 full. So that's 3 days and counting :)

Guest pessta

The basic info:

Root/SU

Busybox runparts

build.prop modifications

Recommendations:

Thx. I'm waiting for some reports.....

Is USB strorage working? Random reboot? Battery life?

Edit: As U suggested I tried to replace apps in the stock rom ( in Stock ROM T-mobile UK(2011) + Z4root + link2SD topic)

but I lost the dialer and the contacts. So I tried to install your modificated RMB rom, but at the beginning I got "signature verification failed"

message. :)

Edited by pessta

Guest twrock
Thx. I'm waiting for some reports.....

Is USB strorage working? Random reboot? Battery life?

Edit: As U suggested I tried to replace apps in the stock rom ( in Stock ROM T-mobile UK(2011) + Z4root + link2SD topic)

but I lost the dialer and the contacts. So I tried to install your modificated RMB rom, but at the beginning I got "signature verification failed"

message. :)

I never sign any of my roms; it's too much trouble. Toggle signature verification off in CW Recovery and you'll be fine.

USB storage seems to work fine. I have no idea about the rest. Remember, it's beta.

Guest twrock
I installed Pepe24's rom on the 22nd. Gave my phone a full charge that night and my battery is still just under 1/2 full. So that's 3 days and counting B)

Tease. :)

Please, someone, tweak the kernel with 614 as the default. I'd really like to try Pepe's rom (and I really don't have the time to learn how to compile kernels).

Guest ganker
Thank you.

just tried it today. works fine. standard launcher from rbm not bad. I may put that in pepes rom. (i have a u8230)

u say to set swappy in terminal, but terminal is not included as an app. So I just installed a terminal.

something odd happend when i tried reverting back to pepes rom, i could not format sdext anymore. and i still cant. I get an error even after reformating and repartioning via clockworkmod.

Tried installing a2sd gui on top of your rom twrock, thats a no go cant manage swappy from there. That may be because i simply took the a2sd app from a cm6 rom.

planning to reinstall yours again, as im trying to reformat and repart the card and just start again.

ganker

Thanks for the tip, I just changed canvas to adw launcher, and it is realy fast, and very smooth.

Here is the new version with youtube fixed and with adw launcher.

http://www.mediafire.com/?iaa3vn84zab31co

Regards,

pepe

I've been using this ROM and it's really excellent. Previously was on CM6 AIO which started great but got slower and slower...

Only issue I have with this ROM so far is the amount of internal memory. I have Link2SD running normally, I think (Auto link enabled in settings) but the internal memory is now down to 20MB with 40 apps installed. using A2SD on CM6 i had three times this number installed of apps to ext3 and 35MB internal free. What am I doing wrong?

One thing I know is different in my CM6 setup is that the dalvik cache was moved to SD (via A2Sd terminal command) which released around 40MB internal memory and made a huge difference. I can't though work out how to do this with Link2SD and Swapper2 instead of A2SD. Could someone tell me how to move the cache to SD on this ROM?

Thanks for your efforts on this - amazed that I think it's time to upgrade the Pulse someone makes it go even smoother...!

Guest ganker
I've been using this ROM and it's really excellent. Previously was on CM6 AIO which started great but got slower and slower...

Only issue I have with this ROM so far is the amount of internal memory. I have Link2SD running normally, I think (Auto link enabled in settings) but the internal memory is now down to 20MB with 40 apps installed. using A2SD on CM6 i had three times this number installed of apps to ext3 and 35MB internal free. What am I doing wrong?

One thing I know is different in my CM6 setup is that the dalvik cache was moved to SD (via A2Sd terminal command) which released around 40MB internal memory and made a huge difference. I can't though work out how to do this with Link2SD and Swapper2 instead of A2SD. Could someone tell me how to move the cache to SD on this ROM?

Thanks for your efforts on this - amazed that I think it's time to upgrade the Pulse someone makes it go even smoother...!

This from Twrock (see hes post further up.)

It sends cache to ext. It also has a2sd and not link2sd and swapper2. ofc. managing it is done from a terminal tho.

I wanted to do the same with link2sd rom from pepe but have not found a way :)

This from Twrock (see hes post further up.)

It sends cache to ext. It also has a2sd and not link2sd and swapper2. ofc. managing it is done from a terminal tho.

I wanted to do the same with link2sd rom from pepe but have not found a way :)

Thanks ganker. Was hoping to avoid installing a new ROM, but perhaps that's the only way. Links2SD does move dalvik cache to SD but only for the apps you're installing. It's the of 30-40MBs of existing system cache that I can't move and was easy with A2SD. A2SD always worked reasonably for me, if a little slow, so perhaps that's the way I have to go.

Would be great if there was a solution though!

Guest _melchett

After being a bit download-happy i somehow downlaoded the rom in post #1 rather than the update zip and tried to install it on to my bog-standard UK pulse. The upgrade nearly makes it to the end but i guess due to the smaller internal memory can't complete. Now i can't install a recovery as the bootloop restarts before the recovery is launched and i've tried the following roms but none so far work, also can't use adb as the phone doesn't start.

- The recovery rom that allows you (normally) to return to 1.5

- 2.1 UK

- 2.1 Tre

- 2.1 Hungary

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Guest twrock
After being a bit download-happy i somehow downlaoded the rom in post #1 rather than the update zip and tried to install it on to my bog-standard UK pulse. The upgrade nearly makes it to the end but i guess due to the smaller internal memory can't complete. Now i can't install a recovery as the bootloop restarts before the recovery is launched and i've tried the following roms but none so far work, also can't use adb as the phone doesn't start.

- The recovery rom that allows you (normally) to return to 1.5

- 2.1 UK

- 2.1 Tre

- 2.1 Hungary

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Just to be sure, are you saying you can't even get into the bootloader (the blue screen with white letters you get to by volumedown+redbutton+power)?! If you can't get there, and you can't get any of the official roms to flash, then I have no idea what else you can do.

Maybe you know this all already, but just in case.......

There was one other "reset rom" put out by Huawei (aka "time machine"). Have you tried both of them? Those two "roms" are really not complete roms, they only set your phone so you can then flash some other official rom, including 1.5 or 2.1 official roms. So after you flash one of those, you still won't have a working phone, just a phone that might allow you to flash a rom that will work. (Maybe you knew that all already, but it's hard to know what someone else understands.)

Good luck.

Guest twrock
Build-in youtube player doesn't play videos.... It says "playback error". Any ideas?

Remove it and install from the Market? I'm just guessing at a solution.

Guest _melchett
Just to be sure, are you saying you can't even get into the bootloader (the blue screen with white letters you get to by volumedown+redbutton+power)?! If you can't get there, and you can't get any of the official roms to flash, then I have no idea what else you can do.

Maybe you know this all already, but just in case.......

There was one other "reset rom" put out by Huawei (aka "time machine"). Have you tried both of them? Those two "roms" are really not complete roms, they only set your phone so you can then flash some other official rom, including 1.5 or 2.1 official roms. So after you flash one of those, you still won't have a working phone, just a phone that might allow you to flash a rom that will work. (Maybe you knew that all already, but it's hard to know what someone else understands.)

Good luck.

Thanks for the repy!. I can open up fastboot, i can even flash a recovery image, however when the phone starts up it reboots immediately after the initial splash screen (tmobile/tre or in my case the red bull image). This means that if you press the red+menu buttons you cannot enter recovery.

I remember ages ago Tom G made a 2.1 rom that could be flashed from fastboot, but i've googled and searched the forum and just can't find it (i expect that would be outside my skill levels anyway) Just found the froyo-pulse-0.31.zip and tried fastboot pushing the 3 .img across to the phone, but the same bootloop persists.

As for the time machine "reset rom", i have the original one, but i didn't know there was a second one, any chance of a link to the post? The one that i have just immediately states that the update has failed, without the progess bar even appearing.

Just in case it makes any difference, the Fastboot build date is Nov 22 2010

Cheers!

Edited by _melchett