Latest official 2.1 rom (RBM2)

Guest pepe24

Guest twrock
Thanks for the repy!. I can open up fastboot, i can even flash a recovery image, however when the phone starts up it reboots immediately after the initial splash screen (tmobile/tre or in my case the red bull image). This means that if you press the red+menu buttons you cannot enter recovery.

I remember ages ago Tom G made a 2.1 rom that could be flashed from fastboot, but i've googled and searched the forum and just can't find it (i expect that would be outside my skill levels anyway) Just found the froyo-pulse-0.31.zip and tried fastboot pushing the 3 .img across to the phone, but the same bootloop persists.

As for the time machine "reset rom", i have the original one, but i didn't know there was a second one, any chance of a link to the post? The one that i have just immediately states that the update has failed, without the progess bar even appearing.

Just in case it makes any difference, the Fastboot build date is Nov 22 2010

Cheers!

Wow. All I can say is "ouch"! I really have no hope that if you found the other "time machine" it would help at all. I guess "anything" is worth a try, but you've already done everything I can think of.

Sorry.

Guest DinkaDanka
Ok,

After detailed test, I found that this rom is great, it has problem (at least me...) with a2sd, it slows down

after any settings, so I decided to remove a2sd, and instead use link2sd , and swapper2.

This time rom is very stable, and very fast.

Modifyed: Added opengl 1.1 (it was allready there, but with wrong lib file)

Kernel with 691MHz clock with USB storage fixed

WIFI Fix (Thanks to Leeshore)

Updated MAPS

GPS conf set to Europe (faster GPS fix)

Updates APNS conf to support many providers

Added Link2SD 1.6 (have to only restart it once after first start) - Must have at least two partitions on sd (first FAT32 allmoust all of the sd card,

and second fat32 or ext2,ext3 around 300MB - ext2 recomanded)

Added swapper2 (start it, it will create swap file 32MB, only change the swappines to 30 - it is better than default 10)

Removed everyting about a2sd ( I hope so, maybe it would be easyer to ask Flibblesan to make one without a2sd...)

It should fit on any 8220 or 8230 (as I have U8230 with small memory)

From clockwork recovery first factory reset (format data) and after flash the zip file

Regards,

Pepe

http://www.mediafire.com/?ljdgwfko6t8yqp6

Which clockwork recovery need to flash this rom? The newest one gives error...

Guest j1exus
Remove it and install from the Market? I'm just guessing at a solution.

May be I'm very stupid, but there isn't native google's youtube player in market... May be it's for my country only... (Belarus) And not only youtube player, I can't update all google apps from market....

Guest badguy8230
May be I'm very stupid, but there isn't native google's youtube player in market... May be it's for my country only... (Belarus) And not only youtube player, I can't update all google apps from market....

use normal operator, not the life :) (on velcom for example yotube and other google application is visible)

and the best is byfly+wifi

Guest j1exus
use normal operator, not the life :) (on velcom for example yotube and other google application is visible)

and the best is byfly+wifi

I'm using now WiFi+"Business network"(деловая сеть). I have no traffic on velcom until next month..

Guest DinkaDanka

I can't flash pepe's rom, clockwork recovey gives me error. How to install this ROM? Which version of clockwork ecovey is needed? thanks

Guest ganker
Thanks for the repy!. I can open up fastboot, i can even flash a recovery image, however when the phone starts up it reboots immediately after the initial splash screen (tmobile/tre or in my case the red bull image). This means that if you press the red+menu buttons you cannot enter recovery.

I remember ages ago Tom G made a 2.1 rom that could be flashed from fastboot, but i've googled and searched the forum and just can't find it (i expect that would be outside my skill levels anyway) Just found the froyo-pulse-0.31.zip and tried fastboot pushing the 3 .img across to the phone, but the same bootloop persists.

As for the time machine "reset rom", i have the original one, but i didn't know there was a second one, any chance of a link to the post? The one that i have just immediately states that the update has failed, without the progess bar even appearing.

Cheers!

timemachines:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=72059

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=72060

download both. one of them should work :) and allow you to downgrade and then fix your problem with a working rom of your choice

Guest uttec.com
Since someone asked me to share, here is a beta rom:

http://www.mediafire.com/?wc1yejmc0cjozg6

*Wipe before you install!

The basic info:

Built with dsixda kitchen v.167

Root/SU

Busybox runparts

DT A2SD (cachesd enabled)

528 mhz swap kernel ("borrowed" swap kernel from FLB; ramdisk is still RBM)

A number of deletions from /system/app and /system/media

/data enabled with a few apps dumped in there

RBM logos/splash replaced

HanvonCalla IME (just ignore it if you don't want to use it)

build.prop modifications

Recommendations:

I don't know yet what size partitions this needs. I'm currently using the TRE partitions and it fits easily there.

Install Terminal Emulator and set swappiness to 30 or less ASAP!

Since Gallery.apk has been removed, I recommend QuickPic by Nanling (http://alensw.com) from the Market

我對修改開機第一屏畫面很感興趣,它與手機的splash分區有

Guest Sh4d0w940

Cheers!

Maybe you can try to boot the recovery image from fastboot, so instead of "fastboot flash recovery.img" you type "fastboot boot recovery.img"

Sh4d0w940

Guest EgyptoBoy

Hi

i just installed this rom (pepe24 ----> Post #50) on my Huawei u8230 its very fast and smooth (691 mhz oc) but i have usb storage error when connecting to my pc

i need help (im newbie with custom Roms)

thanks , great forum

Edited by EgyptoBoy

Guest twrock
Maybe you can try to boot the recovery image from fastboot, so instead of "fastboot flash recovery.img" you type "fastboot boot recovery.img"

Sh4d0w940

Good call. I had forgotten about that.

Guest _melchett

Ganker and Sh4d0w940 ... Legends. Thanks for the help and happy to say that it boots up again. Strangly its reintroduced an old bug of mine where everything starts up but when you try to call if force closes, as it does when you open market, gmail or music. Its strange as it receives and sends texts just fine...

It did this a while ago and i ended up using a different phone for a while (as reflashng and jumping between 1.5 and 2.1 roms and kernals made no difference) and then just worked out of the blue, i guess its back to the old T610....

I'll see if i can pop a logcat up at some point, maybe someone (ANYONE!) will have an idea.

For the mean while thanks again for the help!!!

Guest ganker
Ganker and Sh4d0w940 ... Legends. Thanks for the help and happy to say that it boots up again. Strangly its reintroduced an old bug of mine where everything starts up but when you try to call if force closes, as it does when you open market, gmail or music. Its strange as it receives and sends texts just fine...

It did this a while ago and i ended up using a different phone for a while (as reflashng and jumping between 1.5 and 2.1 roms and kernals made no difference) and then just worked out of the blue, i guess its back to the old T610....

I'll see if i can pop a logcat up at some point, maybe someone (ANYONE!) will have an idea.

For the mean while thanks again for the help!!!

I lower my cpu when i get too many fcs. it helps me on this rom.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TehOsiris

Heya!

A few days ago i tried to download some random app from the market, it wouldn't even start DLing, didn't pay much attention until today.

Just realized that literally nothing would download at all, and nothing updates, 3g or wifi won't matter i can browse the market, read mails, browse the web, but no apps would ever download (i can install apk files ofc)?

Any idea how to fix this? Treid to flash a gapps signed zip, didn't help either :s

Pretty odd. mellow.gif

Guest mrand

Heya!

A few days ago i tried to download some random app from the market, it wouldn't even start DLing, didn't pay much attention until today.

Just realized that literally nothing would download at all, and nothing updates, 3g or wifi won't matter i can browse the market, read mails, browse the web, but no apps would ever download (i can install apk files ofc)?

Any idea how to fix this? Treid to flash a gapps signed zip, didn't help either :s

Pretty odd. mellow.gif

Sounds weird, but please try to start Google Talk, disconnect and connect again, then try the market again... I don´t know why, but market and Gtalk seem to be linked in any way, or maybe they aren´t, but at least it helped me some time ago ;)

But sometimes, its also just the Market, being broken for a few minutes!

Hope it helps, cheers!

Edited by mrand

Guest TehOsiris

Sounds weird, but please try to start Google Talk, disconnect and connect again, then try the market again... I don´t know why, but market and Gtalk seem to be linked in any way, or maybe they aren´t, but at least it helped me some time ago ;)

But sometimes, its also just the Market, being broken for a few minutes!

Hope it helps, cheers!

did some research myself after reading your reply, realized i had it uninstalled haha

guess im gona fix it somehow eventually

thanks for the help!

edit: yay, managed to dl the apk files for talk, signed out, back in, everything downloads instantly

ty again

Edited by TehOsiris

Guest mrand

did some research myself after reading your reply, realized i had it uninstalled haha

guess im gona fix it somehow eventually

thanks for the help!

edit: yay, managed to dl the apk files for talk, signed out, back in, everything downloads instantly

ty again

Nice if it´s working!

Out of interest, did you find any reason or explanation for those two things to be "somehow connected"?

Cheers

Guest TehOsiris

Nice if it´s working!

Out of interest, did you find any reason or explanation for those two things to be "somehow connected"?

Cheers

Read up quite a lot on the topic, didn't find anything useful sad.gif but they are indeed 'connected' somehow

Guest twrock

How did You fixed wifi ?

Here is the fix for USB (OC kernel 691Mhz, with usb working)

Pepe, can you make this boot.img with 614 Mhz default, or give me some suggestions how to fix the USB problem in the original kernel? I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by twrock

Guest pepe24

Pepe, can you make this boot.img with 614 Mhz default, or give me some suggestions how to fix the USB problem in the original kernel? I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry, but I have found out that only this kernel has working usb,,,,,

You can try some kernels of FLB mod, (I can;t , I dont have RBM2 anymore)

Regards,

Pepe

Guest twrock

Sorry, but I have found out that only this kernel has working usb,,,,,

You can try some kernels of FLB mod, (I can;t , I dont have RBM2 anymore)

Regards,

Pepe

Thanks. I was able to get a modified FLB kernel/boot.img to work, but I never experienced the long battery life you and others reported. I guessed that it was because I wasn't using the same kernel as you were. Where did you get the kernel? Or did you compile it yourself?