[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest johnmaia

Isn't it worst to have a smaller cache?

What are the improvements on the new CM 7.0.3? And what new gapps are included?

Edited by johnmaia

Guest scanz

Installed this today, all seems fine except for my signal and wireless connections dropping when left on standby. Neither return automatically and for some reason my signal seems to be linked to my wireless connectivity - as in when I reset my wireless connection, both that and my signal return :unsure:

Edited by scanz

Guest curl66
Isn't it worst to have a smaller cache?

What are the improvements on the new CM 7.0.3? And what new gapps are included?

for question about cache.

please read first post. thanks

for improvements of CM7 visit forum at cyanogenmod.com. there is a changelog. thanks

Guest curl66
Installed this today, all seems fine except for my signal and wireless connections dropping when left on standby. Neither return automatically and for some reason my signal seems to be linked to my wireless connectivity - as in when I reset my wireless connection, both that and my signal return :unsure:

then go for a stable of CM7. remember nightlies can be broken.

Guest johnmaia

Sorry my bad :/

Didn't knew that the cm7 didn't use cache at all.

I have one more question, the app drawer on cm7, the adw, its a bit slow. I'm using LauncherPro, only because its faster on the drawer. Is there way to increase performance on the app drawer from adw?

Guest popoyaya
Sorry my bad :/

Didn't knew that the cm7 didn't use cache at all.

I have one more question, the app drawer on cm7, the adw, its a bit slow. I'm using LauncherPro, only because its faster on the drawer. Is there way to increase performance on the app drawer from adw?

The latest ADW Ex has completely rewritten code for the app drawer and is the fastest I've ever seen.

Guest commander_keen
it makes no sense at the moment to do a new tpt.

just be paitent.

with the next stable CM7 there will be a new TPT. if its needed to increase system it will be done.

i personaly dont care about other roms since CM7 is for me the one and only.

Oh sure, I wasn't requesting a new TPT "out of the row", no means to stress anybody about that. I was just updating that I didn't find anything new in the meantime.

Also I wasn't talking or using anything else than CM7 here. :-)

but read the topic of wbaw gen1->gen2 TPT and the TPT Gen1 repartitioning topic. i am sure i read tere how to modify partition sizes.

I've been trough this whole thread, unfortunately they only mentioned the two files which contain the data, there's no documentation at all, which data starts at which address or how calculations (should) sum up. (this could be a nice doc/howto/wiki-entry in my eyes :-))

anyway there was a topic about a windows tool with tahat you can change the sizes of the tpt.

look there: http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-windows-only/

Thanks, interestingly enough I didn't find this thread with my search expressions. I will give that a try, too.

Edit: I created the two files with this utility, replaced them in the current Nightly73 TPT posted above (replaced them in the image-folder on the SD-Card) and initiated the TPT. After the Screen with the green text, the phone now refuses to power on at all (Wohhoo, that bricked it?), any way to get it back on?

@commander_keen as curl66 says there is no real need to edit the partitions yet, at least not for me. i use my phone as a phone, to test anything like that means i need to spend time adding up hex numbers & then i need to wipe my phone & re-flash, then spend a while uploading to 3 different sites on my slow connection just to try to quiet the complaints i get. for something that i don't see the point in doing, it's just not worth it to me.

I saw you or curl writing that no space is needed on the system partition but I experienced that the system gets highly unstable / a lot of apps crash when having only 36KB free on the system partition.

Although I'm not quite sure why it eats up several MB to install UOTkitchens zip-files which mainly replace other apk's etc. o_0

if you want to edit it, i suggest you learn how to use a hex editor & hex calculator, appsboot.mbn & partition_zte.mbn are the files to edit.

I think I'll manage to calculate and hex-edit that as soon as I find out where exactly what needs to be placed. (see above)

i'll be updating my repartitioning script when i get round to it, making it compatible with these gan1/gen2 tpts will be quite easy, just a bit time consuming. i'll also be able to make it fully gen2 compatible, so that it works with proper gen2 phones too, thanks to the work done by cpg, but that's even more time consuming.

I will be happy to see your script working on a Gen1-to-Gen2-transformed phone. Thanks for you efforts. (in general :-))

Edited by commander_keen

Guest commander_keen
@kommander_keen

i still have 5mb free on /system

Yes, it's a few MB free before applying UOTkitchen stuff (which seems to be known to increase some things), wonder why it's several MB right away but I can't test anything now as the phone won't start it seems. Neither fastboot nor recovery nor green TPT-stuff seem to work after using these partitioning-files from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-windows-only/

Edited by commander_keen

Guest curl66
Yes, it's a few MB free before applying UOTkitchen stuff (which seems to be known to increase some things), wonder why it's several MB right away but I can't test anything now as the phone won't start it seems. Neither fastboot nor recovery nor green TPT-stuff seem to work after using these partitioning-files from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...l-windows-only/

sounds like full brick.

Guest Totyasrác

I am still trying to figure out why I keep getting 'cannot connect to camera' errors... The main reason I ask about that here is since wbaw and curl66 mates appear to be know what they're doing :unsure:

I did some google-research and figured that most of the times it happens to phones are updates (I've found mainly Motorola OTA issues); and it happened to me while converting my SanFran gen1 -> gen2. I've given up on trying to fix it with going back to gen1 then official update to gen2, trying CM7 and SS/FLB ROMs (to test if it was hardware related or not).

Would it be possible to ask you guys to have a look at my logcat please? It appears that some sw can not be found/loaded and can't seem to figure out why - not too deep into Android development :)

Guest MidaMilunk

I use this with satisfaction from the very beginning, but now a question has reised its ugly head:

do anyone else experience that using the GPS cause reboots time to time? This happens more and more frequently as I upgrade the nightlies... Some just do not know what I am talking about, some experience the same; there is no "official" issue for this stuff on Cyanogenmod.

So finally the question itself:

Is it possible that the "GPS reboots" bug is in connection of my phone being Gen2ized (:unsure: this way?

Guest Totyasrác
I use this with satisfaction from the very beginning, but now a question has reised its ugly head:

do anyone else experience that using the GPS cause reboots time to time? This happens more and more frequently as I upgrade the nightlies... Some just do not know what I am talking about, some experience the same; there is no "official" issue for this stuff on Cyanogenmod.

So finally the question itself:

Is it possible that the "GPS reboots" bug is in connection of my phone being Gen2ized (:unsure: this way?

GPS reboots - well known CM7 issue, has been around in earlier versions (gen1) also.

Guest _amano

@Curl 66:

Is it possible that you clean up the first post?

I think that it is sufficient to offer one 7.0.3 TPT image and the most current NXX image from wbaw for download.

Now it is clearly confusing and newbies wouldn't know what they should install. Perhaps even 7.0.3 shouldn't be recommended because it has clearly much more blade specific issues than the current nightlys. Just offer it for the sake of completeness (and please don't offer/mention 7.0.2 beacuse that has a security issue).

Edited by _amano

Guest MidaMilunk
GPS reboots - well known CM7 issue, has been around in earlier versions (gen1) also.

Köszi!! :unsure: ("Thanks" for those who can not speak hungarian)

Guest curl66
@Curl 66:

Is it possible that you clean up the first post?

I think that it is sufficient to offer one 7.0.3 TPT image and the most current NXX image from wbaw for download.

Now it is clearly confusing and newbies wouldn't know what they should install. Perhaps even 7.0.3 shouldn't be recommended because it has clearly much more blade specific issues than the current nightlys. Just offer it for the sake of completeness (and please don't offer/mention 7.0.2 beacuse that has a security issue).

ist so easy to flash the actuall nightly.

i really like to go away from posting every nightly as a TPT because if something goes wrong durin TPT there is the risk of bricking the device. flashing nighlies with CWM i think is the better solution.

i will cleanup the topic soon. but atm i have limited internet access & time cause i doing a class.

Guest Pondlife
How can I check if the new nightly was installed? In other words, how to check which version ive got?

Press menu, go to settings, scroll down and select about phone, scroll down and it should tell you there I think.

See you found out elsewhere though

Edited by Pondlife

Guest richardkemp
increased system partition to 160mb because of whiners.

Whiners? What if I whine that 160mb is unnecessarily big? Also the cache, why so big if it's unused! WHINE! Make it better wbaw else I'll get really upset over the internet.

Guest AdrianoPL

Hello, I have a problem with this method, and I think it is related to my phone (I just bought it yesterday from Orange - Poland).

'image' folder is already on sd-card (formatted). Problem is that when I turn the phone on, holding either volup or menu&volup, nothing happens... phone just boots. Android logo comes, then Orange logo and finally system starts up.

Is it possible that new OSF might be somehow blocked to prevent modding?

According to my device info, there is:

Software version: 2.1-update1

Build: OPL_P729BV1.0.0B05

it is Gen1 according to pigfishy

sd-card is 2GB stock card.

Dunno if it is worth mentioning, but after format it is not completely clean, there is always

Android (with subfolders) and LOST.DIR directories on it.

Any ideas how to get this thing working?

Edited by AdrianoPL

Guest thecrunchman
Hello, I have a problem with this method, and I think it is related to my phone (I just bought it yesterday from Orange - Poland).

'image' folder is already on sd-card (formatted). Problem is that when I turn the phone on, holding either volup or menu&volup, nothing happens... phone just boots. Android logo comes, then Orange logo and finally system starts up.

Is it possible that new OSF might be somehow blocked to prevent modding?

According to my device info, there is:

Software version: 2.1-update1

Build: OPL_P729BV1.0.0B05

it is Gen1 according to pigfishy

sd-card is 2GB stock card.

Dunno if it is worth mentioning, but after format it is not completely clean, there is always

Android (with subfolders) and LOST.DIR directories on it.

Any ideas how to get this thing working?

Try hold the menu key together with the volume-up while you are rebooting.

Guest AdrianoPL
Try hold the menu key together with the volume-up while you are rebooting.

already tried, phone still performs normal boot

Guest curl66
already tried, phone still performs normal boot

just try google poland. maybe there is a solution to get into fastboot mode. this will may be start the TPT, too.