[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest AdrianoPL
just try google poland. maybe there is a solution to get into fastboot mode. this will may be start the TPT, too.

Nothing... phone is not responding to anything but 'voldown'+'power'.

When turned on like this, Android logo pops, then 'FTM' on grey field, which I found is stock recovery. Nothing else works. Any chance for me to put custom ROM into it?

Guest AdrianoPL
Nothing... phone is not responding to anything but 'voldown'+'power'.

When turned on like this, Android logo pops, then 'FTM' on grey field, which I found is stock recovery. Nothing else works. Any chance for me to put custom ROM into it?

Okay, I managed to install clockwork recovery, now I (in theory) install custom rom using clockwork. I want cyanomod.

I still can't do anything with TPT (menu+volup+powerup not working), so I guess, I am unable to perform Gen1->Gen2 update (am I right?).

If above is correct, I cannot use 7.0.2+ versions.

I found 7.0.0 here:

download.cyanogenmod.com

can I safely flash update-cm-7.0.0-Blade-signed.zip

and if it will work, maybe my 'menu+volup+power' will work and I will be able to further upgrade the software using curl66's files and method?

Guest _amano
ist so easy to flash the actuall nightly.

i really like to go away from posting every nightly as a TPT because if something goes wrong durin TPT there is the risk of bricking the device. flashing nighlies with CWM i think is the better solution.

i will cleanup the topic soon. but atm i have limited internet access & time cause i doing a class.

Well, it's probably sufficient to offer the - soon to come - CM 7.0.4 release (for those who want Android 2.3.3) and probably the fixed version of N72 (which should be the best release so far: http://jago.pp.fi/temp/cm_blade_full-72-fixed.zip) within a TPT image (for those who want to go the Android 2.3.4 route) in the first post.

Edited by _amano

Guest curl66
Well, it's probably sufficient to offer the - soon to come - CM 7.0.4 release (for those who want Android 2.3.3) and probably the fixed version of N72 (which should be the best release so far: http://jago.pp.fi/temp/cm_blade_full-72-fixed.zip) within a TPT image (for those who want to go the Android 2.3.4 route) in the first post.

thats called self responsibility. everybody should be able flash the nightlies with rommanager.

there will be a new TPT when there is a new stable version.

atm i try to get my nose in something more interessting. i got a very nice CM7 based custom rom for my galaxy and i like to check if its possible to compile it for the blade. just setting up a development environment. have to refresh my programming skills :P

Guest Nyberg
N74 is the latest working nightly, i already uploaded a tpt for that.

I'm sitting here looking for the right time to throw out Spring rls 5 to CM, but due to the problems with accelometer, however I have not seen any post that states these problems on 77/78 so I was planing on waiting untill a tpt is released with this version and then plunge in to the gen2 world. wbaw will you continue making your builds untill one that is really working is released?

Guest curl66
I'm sitting here looking for the right time to throw out Spring rls 5 to CM, but due to the problems with accelometer, however I have not seen any post that states these problems on 77/78 so I was planing on waiting untill a tpt is released with this version and then plunge in to the gen2 world. wbaw will you continue making your builds untill one that is really working is released?

please dont bother wbaw to support you lazyness.

you can apply any of the TPTs here and download the actual nightly and flash it with rommanager or CWM...

this is done in 5 minutes. links for this are in first post

like i stated before to get the acutall nightly a TPT is the wrong way. do this once to go to GEN2 then apply them via rommanager or clockwork. there is no risk of bricking then. if something goes wrong during TPT there is a very small risk of bricking the blade but its a risk. CWM and rommanager are safe since these dont touch the bootloaders.

Guest wbaw

accelerometer bug is fixed in n74.

Guest weaversbrook

Thank you this was so easy and well worth the finger nail biting before hand. Thanks for making it so simple even a complete beginer such as me can and did follow this very pleased so far all working well.

Guest ty_hot

I had a Swedish Spring ROM running and tried it twice and it didnt update, then i realized my Blade was connected to the computer (USB) and took the cable off and now its updating :P

Guest curl66
Okay, I managed to install clockwork recovery, now I (in theory) install custom rom using clockwork. I want cyanomod.

I still can't do anything with TPT (menu+volup+powerup not working), so I guess, I am unable to perform Gen1->Gen2 update (am I right?).

If above is correct, I cannot use 7.0.2+ versions.

I found 7.0.0 here:

download.cyanogenmod.com

can I safely flash update-cm-7.0.0-Blade-signed.zip

and if it will work, maybe my 'menu+volup+power' will work and I will be able to further upgrade the software using curl66's files and method?

you can safly flahs 7.0.2 also 7.0.0 .these do not repart your device.

its really strange that the TPT doent work for you.

please check this:

sim out of phone.

not connected to PC. not power supply.

sd-card fresh formated. and the TPT file is extracted to the card so you can see \image in the root folder.

then try again with volume+ and power on.

if you have UK oder swiss blade i am sure you do something wrong so that TPT doenst start.

what blade and which contry you bought your blade ?

is it unlocked ?

Guest curl66

i will upload a TPT with 7.0.4 or 7.1 (whats first there :P but not before wednesday. i am on travel. only 3g internet access.

Guest amonlb

Hello I have same problem like AdrianoPL I was trying to use 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install to install new rom and switch to gen2 but menu + vol up + power wasn't working. Blade just turn on system when I do that. No updates. I was trying to update on stock Orange Poland rom and installed last clockwork mod recovery and I belive we have two options:

1. Blades for Poland can't update by pressing menu + vol up + power because they are diffrent in some way. (I know this is stiupid idea but.... Blades from PLAY Poland [difrent carrier] updates without problems)

2. I can't update because I installed recovery diffrent than stock and rooted my Blade before I decided to try file from 1st post.

Sry for english im not native speaker but im doing my best.

Guest sej7278
@commander_keen as curl66 says there is no real need to edit the partitions yet, at least not for me. i use my phone as a phone, to test anything like that means i need to spend time adding up hex numbers & then i need to wipe my phone & re-flash, then spend a while uploading to 3 different sites on my slow connection just to try to quiet the complaints i get. for something that i don't see the point in doing, it's just not worth it to me. if you want to edit it, i suggest you learn how to use a hex editor & hex calculator, appsboot.mbn & partition_zte.mbn are the files to edit.

i'll be updating my repartitioning script when i get round to it, making it compatible with these gan1/gen2 tpts will be quite easy, just a bit time consuming. i'll also be able to make it fully gen2 compatible, so that it works with proper gen2 phones too, thanks to the work done by cpg, but that's even more time consuming.

so this 160mb partition thing is only necessary for non-cm7 rom's?

i used curl's n57 and have 660kb free on /system (now running n78) is that ok?

i'm just a bit confused as to if i have to re-tpt using your v5 and a nightly (or curl's n74 all-in-one) or if i'm fine to stick to the earlier 2mb/136mb/302mb layout.

Guest curl66
Hello I have same problem like AdrianoPL I was trying to use 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install to install new rom and switch to gen2 but menu + vol up + power wasn't working. Blade just turn on system when I do that. No updates. I was trying to update on stock Orange Poland rom and installed last clockwork mod recovery and I belive we have two options:

1. Blades for Poland can't update by pressing menu + vol up + power because they are diffrent in some way. (I know this is stiupid idea but.... Blades from PLAY Poland [difrent carrier] updates without problems)

2. I can't update because I installed recovery diffrent than stock and rooted my Blade before I decided to try file from 1st post.

Sry for english im not native speaker but im doing my best.

hmmm. you are sure that you have a GEN1 ? please check with mr. pigfish tool.

try some other button combination... i dont think they removed it cause so no updates possible.

open a topic about this issue here on the board. may be some other guys knows how to get in TPT mode

you are welcome. i am no native speaker,too... :P

Guest amonlb
hmmm. you are sure that you have a GEN1 ? please check with mr. pigfish tool.

try some other button combination... i dont think they removed it cause so no updates possible.

open a topic about this issue here on the board. may be some other guys knows how to get in TPT mode

you are welcome. i am no native speaker,too... :P

mr. pigfish told me that I have gen1 so im sure.

I've tried combinations:

vol up + power = nothing happens

menu + vol up + power = nothing

power + vol down = recovery

any other combinations should i try?

I'll open new thread later maybe someone will check this one :rolleyes:

Guest johnnynitro

I was under the impression that this was a stable release

Will not charge via plug now, it discharges the battery,

random reboots, no internet

Guest curl66
I was under the impression that this was a stable release

Will not charge via plug now, it discharges the battery,

random reboots, no internet

stable releases are named stable ... nighlies are work in progress.

upgrade with rommanager or cwm to your prefered version.

Guest pappafoz
sim out of phone.

The removal of the sim card was my saviour (did I miss this on page 1 instructions?).

Once I powered up with no sim card and volume+ button pressed everything worked great.

Many thx to all who have contributed to this upgrade.

Guest amonlb

I still can't install CM

Maybe the only option to start instalation is to have stock rom and stock recovery on blade not clockwork and custom rom?

Whenever I push those buttons menu + vol up + power only android appears and than OS loads. No green text nor any updating info.