[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest curl66

I backed up everything using Titanium, and saved that on my computer.

I can't get Clockwork - literally the only thing is the green android.

I tried re-extracting b12 - there were 2 files which didnt work - boot & something else. Would you recommend trying b11 & unzipping to the phone?

dont do a TPT with a broken file!!!!

redownload it and do it again. check md5.

Guest A_Droid-User

dont do a TPT with a broken file!!!!

redownload it and do it again. check md5.

yeah, i found that out :/

was unable to check the MD5 as the phone wouldn't even turn on. it now works, and i used a similar method to the one here (on the first page), although i had to piece together some different pieces of info.

however, now running SS RLS5, because i had that downloaded, and nothing went wrong unzipping it.

thanks for your advice though :)

Guest Beatentoit

So I followed the instructions, downloaded and extracted the cm7 7.0.2 stable to my SD card and can see the image folder. I did the checksum and all was correct. However, i try to turn my phone back on with the volume+ key held and nothing happens, no green text, just loads as normal. I also tried a few times with the volume+ key and the home key pressed also. Can anyone help? :)

Guest curl66

So I followed the instructions, downloaded and extracted the cm7 7.0.2 stable to my SD card and can see the image folder. I did the checksum and all was correct. However, i try to turn my phone back on with the volume+ key held and nothing happens, no green text, just loads as normal. I also tried a few times with the volume+ key and the home key pressed also. Can anyone help? :)

you read first post completely?

what kind of blade do you have? GEN2 cant do TPT.

format Sd-Card and try again, try different Sd-Card, try holding menu button.

some polish blades are reported that TPT doesnt work soo you have to use DHU method

Guest curl66

Hello again,

I can confirm DHU method. It works on Polish OSFs.

If TPT don't start and you already tried everything else, DFU method is a way to go.

I encountered one small problem thou. I flashed Orange_GEN1, and phone just turned down. Screen was black, no response from any button. Eventually I removed the battery and started phone again. It was booting into clockwork all the time, but when I started it with volup+power it just started TPT (I had 'image' already prepared on SD). Now I am sitting at 7.0.3 Gen2 and I am happy.

If you have any troubles with TPT on polish Blade's and have questions about DFU method, PM me.

EDIT:

Uh! Partial success, I just realized that IMEI got broken somewhere on the way. I will have to restore it. I will post when I'll succeed.

if you can do a small doc what to do i will add this to the first post. thanks

Guest Pondlife

think it's the menu key not the home key.

Guest AdrianoPL

if you can do a small doc what to do i will add this to the first post. thanks

I will when I restore my IMEI. I am a bit busy at work atm, also, I need my phone operational now, so I can't risk turining it into brick :)

I will resume working on it next week.

Guest AdrianoPL

I will when I restore my IMEI. I am a bit busy at work atm, also, I need my phone operational now, so I can't risk turining it into brick :)

I will resume working on it next week.

Ok, I restored my IMEI, here is a brief story what did I do to make my polish OSF TFT-able:

1. I downloaded CM 7.0.3 TPT, and unpacked it to SDCARD, just like it is supposed to be done to make TPT flash. However, polish OSF don't want to go into TPT so,

2. I used the DFU method described here: http://android.modac...-also-the-imei/ (Revive a bricked Phone section).

I flashed GEN 1 Orange Sanfranciso with a partition layout of 136 mb system 15 cache and 289mb data, because my OSF was GEN1.

Flash completed with no errors, but my phone entered into some wierd state: screen was black (like when turned off), phone was not responding to any keys, even power. It looked like a brick actually. I removed the battery for a while, put it back and power up the device. I found clockwork recovery present in my boot partition (I suppose), because it was clockwork recovery starting after every power up without any vol(+/-) keys pressed.

3. I ignored that clockwork, shutdown the device and powered it up with vol+ pressed, and voila... TPT started (yay!)

However, I found that my IMEI has been lost. Well, not lost, just changed, so no worries :)

4. In order to restore original IMEI I had to bo back to stock recovery and use DFU again. So I turn my phone back to GEN1 using wbaw's TPT image (GEN1 CM7.0.0 stable), and after that, I installed polish OSF stock rom package, but I guess it is enough to just flash stock recovery.

5. I downloaded the content of my nv-ram as described in DFU method (Backup the Original IMEI section) .

I guess that step should be actually taken 1st, before I started to flash anything into the phone using DFU method. It would save me some time editing the file in order to restore the IMEI, because I would have original NV-ram content with original IMEI in it, ready to flash it back to the device to return it to original state.

6. I made a note with my original IMEI (to be found on the sticker under the battery), and my actual (changed) IMEI from settings->device info

7. I edited Channel1.nvm in hex editor (I used Xvi32) as described in DFU method. Note: I found my actual IMEI at offset 0x1105.

8. I flash back modified Channel1.nvm to the device as described in (Restoring AN IMEI section).

9. Reboot the phone and found my IMEI in settings -> device info being restored to it's original form (equal to the sticker under the battery).

10. TPTed to GEN2 using CM 7.0.3 TPT, and installed N137 right after. Everything is working as expected.

Conclusion:

Using the DFU method described here: http://android.modac...-also-the-imei/ can unlock TPT in your phone, but it will change your IMEI during the process, so you have to backup it before flashing firmware and restore it after.

However, here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-how-to-flash-modified-firmware-to-a-stock-or-windows-upgraded-gen2-blade/ is another description, which seems to be (according to author) save for the IMEI. I didn't tried that method yet, but I have 2 more polish OSF to unlock TPT on them, I will use that and let you know what happened.

Edited by AdrianoPL

Ok, I restored my IMEI, here is a brief story what did I do to make my polish OSF TFT-able:

1. I downloaded CM 7.0.3 TPT, and unpacked it to SDCARD, just like it is supposed to be done to make TPT flash. However, polish OSF don't want to go into TPT so,

2. I used the DFU method described here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/337757-update-save-ur-bricked-v880-and-also-the-imei/ (Revive a bricked Phone section).

I flashed GEN 1 Orange Sanfranciso with a partition layout of 136 mb system 15 cache and 289mb data, because my OSF was GEN1.

Flash completed with no errors, but my phone entered into some wierd state: screen was black (like when turned off), phone was not responding to any keys, even power. It looked like a brick actually. I removed the battery for a while, put it back and power up the device. I found clockwork recovery present in my boot partition (I suppose), because it was clockwork recovery starting after every power up without any vol(+/-) keys pressed.

3. I ignored that clockwork, shutdown the device and powered it up with vol+ pressed, and voila... TPT started (yay!)

However, I found that my IMEI has been lost. Well, not lost, just changed, so no worries :)

4. In order to restore original IMEI I had to bo back to stock recovery and use DFU again. So I turn my phone back to GEN1 using wbaw's TPT image (GEN1 CM7.0.0 stable), and after that, I installed polish OSF stock rom package, but I guess it is enough to just flash stock recovery.

5. I downloaded the content of my nv-ram as described in DFU method (Backup the Original IMEI section) .

I guess that step should be actually taken 1st, before I started to flash anything into the phone using DFU method. It would save me some time editing the file in order to restore the IMEI, because I would have original NV-ram content with original IMEI in it, ready to flash it back to the device to return it to original state.

6. I made a note with my original IMEI (to be found on the sticker under the battery), and my actual (changed) IMEI from settings->device info

7. I edited Channel1.nvm in hex editor (I used Xvi32) as described in DFU method. Note: I found my actual IMEI at offset 0x1105.

8. I flash back modified Channel1.nvm to the device as described in (Restoring AN IMEI section).

9. Reboot the phone and found my IMEI in settings -> device info being restored to it's original form (equal to the sticker under the battery).

10. TPTed to GEN2 using CM 7.0.3 TPT, and installed N137 right after. Everything is working as expected.

You will lose your imei if you use the DFU method & it'll be a pain to restore it, as you found out. It is a last resort for phones that are bricked & where nothing else will work. It is not a sensible alternative to TPT. Glad you managed to get your phone back.

Were you holding menu at the same time as vol+ when you first tried to tpt? The screen going black is a normal part of the TPT process, on some phones, the first time they do it. It is flashing the firmware while the screen is black & shouldnt be interrupted.

Guest AdrianoPL

You will lose your imei if you use the DFU method & it'll be a pain to restore it, as you found out. It is a last resort for phones that are bricked & where nothing else will work. It is not a sensible alternative to TPT. Glad you managed to get your phone back.

Were you holding menu at the same time as vol+ when you first tried to tpt? The screen going black is a normal part of the TPT process, on some phones, the first time they do it. It is flashing the firmware while the screen is black & shouldnt be interrupted.

Trust me, I tried literally everything and even more. TPT is somehow blocked in all 3 pieces of OSFs I have from Polish Orange (one of them I already unlocked as described above).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Skrotarn

Hi, thanks for a great guide.

Im new to this and a bit nervous to apply this guide. I dont want to end up with a broken phone.

Do i need to backup my current rom with cwm? I tried to do that but only get "An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands!"

My phone is already rooted.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

So, I am trying to do a TPT install on my Belgium Orange San Francisco, but allas with no luck. It's a gen 1 phone. The first screen with the green text works ok. No errors.

But, then I always get stuck at the green android man. It never boots into CM.

I have tried using the CM 7.02stable and CM 7.0.3 TP, but none of them seem to work.

Is there something else I can try?

Guest k0zmic

Hey all,

So, I am trying to do a TPT install on my Belgium Orange San Francisco, but allas with no luck. It's a gen 1 phone. The first screen with the green text works ok. No errors.

But, then I always get stuck at the green android man. It never boots into CM.

I have tried using the CM 7.02stable and CM 7.0.3 TP, but none of them seem to work.

Is there something else I can try?

http://android.modaco.com/topic/337798-gen1-to-gen2-tpt-upgrade/

Try one of the CM TPT's here.

If the CM one doesn't work then try the custom one that's around 16MB as it doesn't contain a ROM, just flash CM yourself after it does the TPT process.

Well, I tried some things this afternoon and now I think I screwed it up even more. The Power + Home + Volume up is not even working anymore :(

Any suggestions?

Guest A_Droid-User

Well, I tried some things this afternoon and now I think I screwed it up even more. The Power + Home + Volume up is not even working anymore :(

Any suggestions?

When i tried to do an all-in-one TPT my phone bricked. To rescue it, what I eventually worked out (with a little assistance from the guys on here) was to get the TPT Gen1 -> Gen2 and do that first. Then, choose your ROM (I played it safe with SS RLS 5, i.e. a FroYo ROM), put that on your mircoSD, then try to TPT.

Anyway, isn't it Menu (not Home) + volume up + power??

That worked for me anyway, my phone is now running perfectly again :) Hope it works for you too..

Yeah, you're right. It's the menu key :)

Well, I got the green text part is working again. I tried using both the full TPT files, but with no luck. I then tried it with the Gen 1 to Gen 2 TPT files. And again, no luck.

I get the green text part and then immediately the green droid comes up. Shouldn't clockwork recovery start when I use Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-custom.zip or Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-stock.zip?

I think that getting clockwork recovery back, would help a lot.

Guest k0zmic

I get the green text part and then immediately the green droid comes up. Shouldn't clockwork recovery start when I use Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-custom.zip or Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v8-stock.zip?

I think that getting clockwork recovery back, would help a lot.

If the green Android logo stays for more than a couple of minutes then turn the phone off and then try boot manually into ClockworkMod

I finally got it to work.

I used the method described here first http://android.modac...-also-the-imei/

Then the installation of the basic Gen 1 to Gen 2 worked fine. Afterwards I installed Swedisch Spring from the sd card.

I have a working phone again :D

Thanks all for the help.

Oh yes. I also had to restore my IMEI

Edited by TheCL

Guest A_Droid-User

I finally got it to work.

I used the method described here first http://android.modac...-also-the-imei/

Then the installation of the basic Gen 1 to Gen 2 worked fine. Afterwards I installed Swedisch Spring from the sd card.

I have a working phone again :D

Thanks all for the help.

Oh yes. I also had to restore my IMEI

glad to hear it worked :) and no worries - the people on here are really useful generally :)

Well, I am back to square one. Yesterday the phone locked up when using Swedish Spring, so I had to remove the battery to make it reboot. After putting the battery back and pressing the power button, the phone is stuck again on the android man.

I am starting to wonder if I have some kind of hardware failure :( Is there anyway to test this?

Guest Skrotarn

I just installed 7.0.2 stable and it seems to work almost fine. The phone seems to crash when the gps goes active. I googled and it seemed as i was not the only one with that problem. Anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

Guest sej7278

I just installed 7.0.2 stable and it seems to work almost fine. The phone seems to crash when the gps goes active. I googled and it seemed as i was not the only one with that problem. Anyone know if there is a fix for this issue?

have you tried a newer 7.1.0 build like nightly 163? http://cm-nightlies....m/?device=blade

7.0.2 is very old and nowhere near what could be called stable or complete, and you should use 7.0.3 at least anyway.

that said, even on the latest builds some people still have gps crashes (a single reboot is normal the first time you upgrade google maps).

Edited by sej7278

Guest seraphim2017

is ther another host for the tpt all in one CM7.0.3 as the filesonic mirro won't work for me on any browser I've tried so far!

it's this one..

CM 7.0.3 TPT is here

(size: 105.8mb md5: ce0780ab4104903edc957688b65d598b).

Also includes new partition layout (2mb cache 138mb system 315mb data), fastboot mode & new gapps package.

have not been able to do it wbaw's way so this could be another method of getting cm7 on my gen 1 tft blade currently running CWM 2.5.1.8 and JJ9.

Ta