[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest curl66
I'm tempted to try this to go to Gen2. I currently have a 512mb EXT2 partition on my SD card. Is it worth keeping this or just wiping it if this method frees up system space? Thanks for any pointers

i no longer use ext partition on SD-card since CM7 can move/install programms to the fatpartition aswell. so 300MB for apps at /data is much enough since bigger parts gets installed to Sd-card anyway.

Guest scoobydoo99

So does the zip file now contain the latest version of cwm, the new partitioning and the latest nightly?

The text above the link in the first post suggests it has the latest version of cwm - but further on in the same post, it says the changes will be added to the next version of the download :mellow:

First of all - thanks a million for doing this!

And then a small thing: most of the links in the main post of this thread are broken (the actual URL is the same as the shortened display text).

Cheers

Guest curl66
So does the zip file now contain the latest version of cwm, the new partitioning and the latest nightly?

The text above the link in the first post suggests it has the latest version of cwm - but further on in the same post, it says the changes will be added to the next version of the download :mellow:

CWM is new

partitioning is old since this is was i build yesterday.

i will replace the TPTs with new versions this week.

Guest curl66
First of all - thanks a million for doing this!

And then a small thing: most of the links in the main post of this thread are broken (the actual URL is the same as the shortened display text).

Cheers

thanks . URLS fixed

Guest PeaNut_HU

Also thanks for putting together this easy "one-click" upgrade package :mellow:

If possible and you have time, please upload to mediafire if possible. Megaupload comes at 15-20kbytes/sec, takes ages to download. Thank you very much!

Guest funkyworm

What am I doing wrong I have downloaded CM7.0.2N57_GEN1_GEN2_TPT_Image zip and dragged the image file to my sd card from my pc then powered down and took the battery out replaced it press power and volume up button but it will not start up the TPT it just switches the phone on ?

It is a Gen1 phone with Swedish Spring RLS5 on

Ian :mellow:

Guest Michealtbh
What am I doing wrong I have downloaded CM7.0.2N57_GEN1_GEN2_TPT_Image zip and dragged the image file to my sd card from my pc then powered down and took the battery out replaced it press power and volume up button but it will not start up the TPT it just switches the phone on ?

It is a Gen1 phone with Swedish Spring RLS5 on

Ian :mellow:

Try holding menu + volume up + power

Guest Phace81
I installed the 7.0.2 stable version yesterday and this morning I got a reboot when I charged the phone.

I got this reboot when the phone was at 95% battery. A while after inserting the charger the phone rebooted.

Got another reboot while charging this morning.

Battery at 18%, charged. Phone powers off, but still charges. I can't start it, but when I remove the USB, it starts by itself.

Guest gforums

Oh yes, thanks for that hint!

@curl66:

Please fix that little typo in your first post.

I also started with just pressing "volume up" which is not working without the menu key in addition.

Anyway, thanks for that really simple process!

Just got my swiss san francisco phone from german ZOLL, removed the simlock and installed this package.

Now running nightly build 52. GREAT!!

Guest curl66
Also thanks for putting together this easy "one-click" upgrade package :mellow:

If possible and you have time, please upload to mediafire if possible. Megaupload comes at 15-20kbytes/sec, takes ages to download. Thank you very much!

sorry, i only have a 3G connection so i dont upload mirrors.

since you need this only once and can update your phone with the nightlies by yourself i dont see so much advantages in more mirrors.

Guest ivelinkata

Why can not I boot image.

In sd card file CM7.0.2N57_GEN1_GEN2_TPT_Image to unzip or zip?

My recovery is-recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.9-modaco-r2-blade, maybe it is.

In detention menu + volume up + power he statutes similar to the mode bootloader. So 10 minutes green robot with no result.

Edit: All problems come from SD card. My SD card is klas10 16gb, not working zip file. Replacing the original 2GB SD card and everything works. I can now enjoy the new ROM CM7.02.

Thank you all prepare this ROM and all help in this wonderful forum. :mellow:

Edited by ivelinkata

Some phones require menu as well as vol+ and power, I know the newer B20 models from Orange do, but it's only the first time. After you've done one TPT then you'll only need to hold vol+ & power on to get into TPT mode again.

So it's important that you remove or rename the image directory on your sd card after you install, otherwise you're quite likely to accidentally reinstall it & wipe your data.

Guest Thermostat9
Why can not I boot image.

In detention menu + volume up + power he statutes similar to the mode bootloader. So 10 minutes green robot with no result.

Edit: All problems come from SD card. My SD card is klas10 16gb, not working zip file. Replacing the original 2GB SD card and everything works. I can now enjoy the new ROM CM7.02.

I have the same problem. Whether I use power+volume up with or without the menu button mine sits with the green android and nothing happens. Pop the battery out and it reboots but has not updated. (I tried both downloads)

Sadly I have the original SD card. Anyone have any ideas as to what problem I have?

Guest curl66
I have the same problem. Whether I use power+volume up with or without the menu button mine sits with the green android and nothing happens. Pop the battery out and it reboots but has not updated. (I tried both downloads)

Sadly I have the original SD card. Anyone have any ideas as to what problem I have?

what phone do you have ? contry ?

sure its a GEN1 ..tried with mr. pigfish app ?

format your sd-card and try again

Edited by curl66

Guest Thermostat9
what phone do you have ? contry ?

sure its a GEN1 ..tried with mr. pigfish app ?

format your sd-card and try again

Phone is a Orange San Francisco, I'm in the UK.

Yes, Mr Pigfish says Gen1

If I format my card I'll loose all my stuff on it won't I? I have a backup on the computer, can I just copy it all back over after with no problems?

If I format my card I'll loose all my stuff on it won't I? I have a backup on the computer, can I just copy it all back over after with no problems?

Didn't read the rest, but this question I can answer ^^ : yes you should backup your sd on your computer first, and yes you will then be able to copy the backed-up files back on the sd card once it's formatted.

:mellow:

Edit: Now that I come to think of it: take particular attention to the hidden files & folders while you backup to your pc. They're called ".xxx" (start with a dot) and I'm pretty sure wincrap won't get them by default...

Edited by Guest

Guest m3g4tr0n

can i confirm this includes gapps? cause I've been doing a separate install of gapps.

thanks

ps. i think you should remove "**Tomorrow i post a new 7.02stable with updated CWM and optimized partitions by wbaw." since you've uploaded the new version.

Guest curl66
can i confirm this includes gapps? cause I've been doing a separate install of gapps.

thanks

ps. i think you should remove "**Tomorrow i post a new 7.02stable with updated CWM and optimized partitions by wbaw." since you've uploaded the new version.

it includes gapps

Guest tdodd

Thanks for these instructions. I've had my SanFran since October last year and after flirting with various versions of JJ from 3 to 9 I kept going back to the stock ROM with Orange apps removed for stability and battery life. I've now been running with CM7 N57 for over 24 hours and I'm very happy with it so far. The only quirk is the phone turning completely off (not rebooting) while charging. The phone has been running for 26 hours on battery power alone and still has 91% battery remaining. Everything I've tried works as expected, including GPS.