[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest DannyDanny

I tried this method and it worked!

But the GPS is not working. Not Force close, just not functioning. It turns on and off but it cannot read any signal :mellow:

Guest jeeruff

want you to know my first reaction: 0. loading image folder and rebooting on my lutea with power + up + menu and immidiately starts next number 1. green words loading 2. green android 3. blue android on board! 4. fast booting and fast reacting 5. give you many thanks and respect for your work!

Guest tdodd
I tried this method and it worked!

But the GPS is not working. Not Force close, just not functioning. It turns on and off but it cannot read any signal :mellow:

Try downloading the free GPS Status app from the market. It should definitely kick your GPS into life if it is functional.

I haven't used mine for navigation yet, since switching to CM7, but I just went into my back garden and with Google Maps and the satellite view layer enabled I could see that it had me placed correctly to within about 1m. I had up to 12 satellites visible. Indoors I was seeing up to 7 satellites.

Edited by tdodd

I can't get my blade to start the TPT (whatever this means) mode.

Vol Up + Power or Home + Vol up + Power just brings the green droid and then nothing else.

I have clockworkmod installed, but the only way I can get them to boot is by unsing CM7 reboot to recovery or command line "adb reboot recovery".

Any clues? Is it possible to run this from the clockwork menu?

Edit:

I was able to start it by pressing: Menu + Vol up + Power.

One more variable?

Edited by ups

Guest crankykick

Thanks for this has made it very easy to "upgrade" and try cm7.

Big Thank you to all who made this possible :mellow:

- ups this may be daft but you did unzip the file and just place the image folder on your sd card?

Guest sej7278
i also did the "up to gen 2" thing and installed cm 7.02 with it

went perfect!

yup, me too. just went from gen1 mcr12 straight to gen2 cm7-n57 in on go - great!

i've not had the charger reboot issue, igo 8.4.2 satnav works fine, google maps just caused my blade to reboot, 2nd try its fine though.

i had to re-install a lot of my apps manually via the market (easier on the pc) for some reason it didn't do many automatically.

edit: i just got the charger reboot issue when i overclocked to 710mhz. back to 604mhz and everything is rock solid.

Edited by sej7278

Guest Nagromat

Having issues using this :o

I currently have MCR r12 installed on my OSF, tried everything that's been posted on this thread:

Vol up + power

Vol up + Menu + Power

format SD card

Checked the MD5 etc.

No idea why I can't load it up properly :D I extracted the .zip and it has the image folder etc. but it just won't work >.<

All that happens is the green android comes up and it sticks on that, tried leaving it for ages and still nothing happens - I have to remove the battery and then it just boots up normally :\

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

EDIT: Changing the SD Card worked! Many thanks for the suggestion - love the rom, thanks for the easy instructions :mellow:

Edited by Nagromat

Guest wbaw
Having issues using this :mellow:

I currently have MCR r12 installed on my OSF, tried everything that's been posted on this thread:

Vol up + power

Vol up + Menu + Power

format SD card

Checked the MD5 etc.

No idea why I can't load it up properly :o I extracted the .zip and it has the image folder etc. but it just won't work >.<

All that happens is the green android comes up and it sticks on that, tried leaving it for ages and still nothing happens - I have to remove the battery and then it just boots up normally :\

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

You could try using another sd card, maybe the stock one that came with the sf. old & slow cards seem to be better for it. other people have reported problems with some sd cards.

Guest Nagromat
You could try using another sd card, maybe the stock one that came with the sf. old & slow cards seem to be better for it. other people have reported problems with some sd cards.

Thanks for the advice - I'll give it a go after work :mellow:

Guest Nagromat

Guest Nagromat

Guest mrmr25
I installed the 7.0.2 stable version yesterday and this morning I got a reboot when I charged the phone.

I got this reboot when the phone was at 95% battery. A while after inserting the charger the phone rebooted.

Mine has a similar problem. It shuts off while charging but still charges. I cannot then switch it on with the power button but instead have to remove and replace the usb cable after which it powers up by itself!

Guest funky-l

Nice Rom, but my battery dropped from 93% to 55% over night :mellow:

I read somewhere that this is because I had wifi enabled. Has anyone else experienced the same behavior with this rom?

Another issue I have is that my phone turns off while charging, which is especially evil since I use my phone as my alarm clock.

(I read about the workaround to open deskclock while charing this morning...)

Ohh, and yet another thing: It seems that installing this image has deleted lots of stuff on my sdcard like mp3s, pictures and other media. Luckily nothing important, but still... Did this happen to anyone else too?

Guest M Almighty

I've installed this ROM (CM7.02Nightly57 + CWM 3.0.2.7) yesterday, but having some troubles:

- the battery is duying very fast

- the pulldown menu can not be pulled up easy in normal mode. When in landcape it works nice, but when in portrait, it is stuck in the bottom, and you can pull it up after several times, or have to press back button

anyone has issues like this?

Guest funky-l
I've installed this ROM (CM7.02Nightly57 + CWM 3.0.2.7) yesterday, but having some troubles:

- the battery is duying very fast

- the pulldown menu can not be pulled up easy in normal mode. When in landcape it works nice, but when in portrait, it is stuck in the bottom, and you can pull it up after several times, or have to press back button

anyone has issues like this?

My pulldown menu suffers from the same problem! I usually have to press the back button to close it, which is really annoying me.

Guest tdodd
My pulldown menu suffers from the same problem! I usually have to press the back button to close it, which is really annoying me.

I'm quite happy using the back button to remove the pull down menu - that is my default way of doing it. I tried several times to swipe the pull down up and mostly it worked perfectly well. There were times when it did not drag upwards. I don't think that is a ROM problem. I think it is just a question of making the right contact with the screen - the right amount of pressure and the right touch point.

Battery life is OK for me. I'm still at 100%, 11.5 hours after disconnecting from the charger. I've done one quick WiFi sync this morning but I have all data and syncing disabled except when I need it. I purposely do not have lots of apps installed or trying to do things in the background. This approach worked for me on the Orange 2.1 ROM and seems to be working just fine on CM7N57.

Guest curl66
Does it unlocks blade memory to 512mb?

there is a topic about unlocking memory. go there and read if your device is supported

and how to do it.

Guest jtc42
Gee guys, what a load of BS just to upgrade to a higher version of Android :mellow:

Ask yourselves - I mean SERIOUSLY, is it that important?

I think I'll go and buy a Nokia :D

*Facepalm* I can't work out if this is a genuinely stupid post, or whether this guy is TRICKING us into thinking he's a troll, but actually it'll turn out he can do a better job than the devs and he'll surprise us all and give us a better solution thats easier than copying a file and holding some buttons.....

Y'know somehow I don't think that you're capable of that, so stop trolling please :o

Much appreciated.

Guest rwalton159

I used this CM7.0.2_GEN1_GEN2_TPT_Image to upgrade on the 28th April.

Can I now upgrade using the nightly roms by downloading and installing them through rom manager please?