[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest curl66
Hi there, I have a problem. I did exactly what this guide says(I have modaco 2.2 rom) : updated CW with rom manager - downloaded CM7.0.2Nightly60 with new partition Layout 15MB Cache/136MB System/304MB Data - extracted on SD card - turn on the phone with volume + , and now phone wont even turn on(not even charge led, or LCD, nothing). Any idea ?

I guess its HW fault :mellow: fortunatly its still in waranty ...

remove battery

remove sd-card.

remove simcard

put battery back in. try to switch on

Guest jenjenx

Thanks to OP for this.

But I have a quick question re Back to Gen 1 and Partitions

So to go back to Gen 1 I should use this -

If you would like to go back to GEN1 with CM 7.0.0 stable use wbaws TPT image:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9np934fy5pyql8h

BACKUP YOUR DATA! ALL IS GONE EXCEPT WHAT IS ON THE SD-CARD!

But if I Nandroid my current install (Gen 1 , Stock partitions, SS RLS5) do I simply flash with the above quoted image and then restore from Nandroid backup? Or would I have to restore with the above zip and then change partitions back to Stock and then restore from Nandroid backup for restoration to be correct?

Thanks

Guest mobile579
CM 7.0.3 TPT is here (size: 105.8mb md5: ce0780ab4104903edc957688b65d598b). Also includes new partition layout (2mb cache 138mb system 315mb data), fastboot mode & new gapps package.

Does anyone know if the above 7.0.3 download includes CWM?

Does anyone know if the first post N59/N60 downloads include CWM?

Does 7.0.3 include everything including N61?

Is N62 newer than 7.0.3? What partition size are used?

I noticed this thread has roms with different partition layouts e.g. the 7.0.3 update has a 2MB first partition but the ones in the first post have 15MB are these still compatible? Is one better than another?

I am not sure what you should be installing - one from the first post or a more recent update?

TIA

Guest wbaw

Nightly 62 is the latest, it has 2mb cache, 138mb system, 315mb data, fastboot mode enabled, the latest gapps & clockworkmod 3.0.27. 2mb cache is best, because it's only used for storing clockworkmod log files & you get more room on data.

7.0.3 is an update to 7.0.2, it's an older version than the nightlies, Android 2.3.3. The latest nightlies are for CM 7.1 (Android 2.3.4).

Edited by wbaw

Guest grayden
everything fine.

move the apps to SD-Card through CM7 application administration menu.

CM7 can do this for you.

The problem is that i have already moved them to SD through Manage Applications...

Guest vortexPC

1 day with: CM7.0.2Nightly60 with new partition Layout 15MB Cache/136MB System/304MB Data - TPT install

Heres my day with my new SF Gen2 :mellow:

New, because after one day it seems and feels like a new phone.

Install went smoothly, did not make wipe after install...

Everything works, very well.

Ive installed all my apps from the market, did not try to install them from my backup.

GPS fixing is quite amazing, very fast,

WIFI, works great after i change the policy to "never",

Charge issues - none,

FC - none,

SMS - working,

MMS - working

Battery - using a lot of wifi, allways reconecting, "seems" that it last longer - no calibration done

What i need to test is some games...

Many thanks are in order: cur66, wbaw, cyanogen crue, and to all that keeps on going :o

Cheers,

PC

Guest MARKUK1

hi there

its a new persone doing all this and i did it in first go .cant be easier than this .phone just booted up in green andiord man and now its blue one with cm mod circuling will come back with rest of feed back after work:D

after 5 min

ok looks very good .lil bit lagging when scrolling. cant seem to find task manager? or its not even there :mellow:

n e advice wellcome and thanks in advance

Edited by MARKUK1

Guest MARKUK1
download is very slow :o

25mins on 30mb fibre optic?!

bt business 20mb over the wireless with useless router took 10 min :| :mellow:

Guest wbaw
Nothing :mellow:

What exactly did you do? Did you check the md5 of the files? Did you see some green text on screen? Somehow interrupt it?

If you can't even get the charging led to light then it sounds dead :o

Edited by wbaw

Guest DannyDanny

hmmm the new partition seems pretty good.

i dont know where those extra data came from. More cache and more storage. and same system.

I thought CM7 doesnt need more cache anyway. Wasnt that the initial description?

Guest beebaakid

hello ive used this method to update my phone, want to go back to SS5 but cant get it to load on gen2 ... shall i just revert to gen1 ... help needed.

Guest MARKUK1
Nightly 62 is the latest, it has 2mb cache, 138mb system, 315mb data, fastboot mode enabled, the latest gapps & clockworkmod 3.0.27. 2mb cache is best, because it's only used for storing clockworkmod log files & you get more room on data.

7.0.3 is an update to 7.0.2, it's an older version than the nightlies, Android 2.3.3. The latest nightlies are for CM 7.1 (Android 2.3.4).

Thanks for that info very useful. Can sumbody advice how to instal latest one on cm7.0.2 n60

Guest cykelsamba

I did this but i did not notice the "remove SIM" so i did everything with my SIM inserted. Now i can't activate SIM when i turn my phone on. Is this what you call a brick? I tried the SIM in an older phone, still working, so something's fudged up in the ZTE Blade. Help?

Guest Cvak01
What exactly did you do? Did you check the md5 of the files? Did you see some green text on screen? Somehow interrupt it?

If you can't even get the charging led to light then it sounds dead :mellow:

Yes MD5, was fine, i rebooted with vol+ , it was stuck on green android for like 20 minutes, than went off and dead :o seems like HW problem not connected with this procedure ....

Guest Andrei Rotaru

is this method valid for UK B10 gen1 build phones? I would really appreciate an answer because im dying to try this method, my phone has a non-responsive touchscreen for most of the time and im hoping that maybe a gen2 upgrade might fix this.

Guest MARKUK1
is this method valid for UK B10 gen1 build phones? I would really appreciate an answer because im dying to try this method, my phone has a non-responsive touchscreen for most of the time and im hoping that maybe a gen2 upgrade might fix this.

i done this on my G1 tft 2.1 stock rom . and it worked a treat. b 4 i had superuser root thing on it to instal custome roms . but went straight to cm7.0.2 n60 now planning to go to 62 but i dont no how to lol