[GEN1&GEN2][ROM]CM 7.0.2stable + Nxx TPT Image for easy Install

Guest curl66

Guest wbaw
I installed the TPT 7.0.3 from the first post - but didn't get any google apps.

Any idea?

Tried it three times now and never had any market apps, very strange :/

The market is there, but nothing more!

That is how it is supposed to be. Market & GTalk are there, the rest you download from the Market. It will pop up with an installer to do it automatically when you open the market.

Guest champrock

Thanks! much awaited.

Also, what is the difference in the partition layouts? Is 15mb cache better than a 2mb cache partition?

Guest tonydl
That is how it is supposed to be. Market & GTalk are there, the rest you download from the Market. It will pop up with an installer to do it automatically when you open the market.

It didn't work for me - I chose facebook, maps, goggles - but none of these got installed. Maybe it got cancelled because I connected to my wifi in the next step?

Btw - will these apps be installed in the system partition then? Or handeled like normal installed apps.

Guest trueno2k

Hi,

First things first why can't I download the new 7.0.3 TPT ROM from the link? All I get is a return to the same page!... Is there any chances of getting this flash ROM uploaded to megaupload? Update: No worries found a mirror link, so it's all good :unsure:

I've been using GEN1 to GEN2 CM 7.0.2 TPT on my Orange San Francisco for a while now and am thinking of updating to the next stable ROM (CM 7.0.3), then I see that there is a new GEN1 to GEN2 CM 7.0.3 TPT but this has new partition layouts... I've read what I can possibly read but can not find the answer to what I'm after... Can I just unzip the 7.0.3 TPT to the image folder on my SD card and flash my Blade like I did with 7.0.2 TPT? OR, do I need to flash back to GEN1 and then flash again to GEN2 7.0.3 stable? OR, is the 7.0.3 update ROM already has this new partition layout and I can just flash my Blade using this ROM via ClockWorkMod?

The reason I'm asking is obvious, but I'll say it anyway... I'm asking this is because I don't want to brick my blade if the 7.0.3 TPT ROM isn't flashable on top of 7.0.2 TPT ROM I have already flashed on to my Blade...

Edited by trueno2k

Guest champrock

i pressed the volume up key while powering on. Its been 7minutes already and the phone is still stuck at the green android logo. no green text has appeared as of now. What should I do? Is it stuck?

The guide at the start of this thread said that it will take 1-2minutes.

Update: 12minutes and still stuck at the green android logo!

Update2: Help me GUYS! I never saw any green text. Its just stuck on the green logo. Anyway to find out what is it doing in the background?

Update: its 15minutes now and its still stuck. what to do?

SOLVED: Risked a battery pull and tried everything again. its working fine now! I am finally on CM7

Edited by champrock

Guest Ciels
i pressed the volume up key while powering on. Its been 7minutes already and the phone is still stuck at the green android logo. no green text has appeared as of now. What should I do? Is it stuck?

The guide at the start of this thread said that it will take 1-2minutes.

Update: 12minutes and still stuck at the green android logo!

Update2: Help me GUYS! I never saw any green text. Its just stuck on the green logo. Anyway to find out what is it doing in the background?

Update: its 15minutes now and its still stuck. what to do?

That's how my phone got bricked previously

Normal procedure will show green text, otherwise try again making sure you're holding the necessary buttons.

edit: derp

Edited by Ciels

Guest Asime

Hey,

Anyone having problems with the screen rotating? Updated to the 7.0.3 nightly69 from the the 7.0.2 stable today, but now the screen doesn't rotate anymore. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks!

Edited by Asime

Guest I900-Nutzer
Hey,

Anyone having problems with the screen rotating? Updated to the 7.0.3 nightly69 from the the 7.0.2 stable today, but now the screen doesn't rotate anymore. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks!

Here is the Answer ...

Guest Totyasrác

Hi there - I've used this process to upgrade my SanFran to Gen2 - and ever since I can't use my camera (it keeps sayin': 'cannot connect to camera' with any Nightly or FLB_Lite_for_Gen2), no matter if I wipe, reinstall, restore a backup or anything... I've never had any problems with my camera before and it wasn't dropped but lost its functionality as soon as I went to gen2 :unsure:

No here are my questions:

- Anyone els has experienced losing camera functionality using this method?

- Is it safe to "reTPT" my phone again?

- Or should I put it back to Gen1, and if so - then which method is recommended (don't want to brick my phone of course)?

- Any other suggestion?

Cheers for any help!

Guest curl66
Hi there - I've used this process to upgrade my SanFran to Gen2 - and ever since I can't use my camera (it keeps sayin': 'cannot connect to camera' with any Nightly or FLB_Lite_for_Gen2), no matter if I wipe, reinstall, restore a backup or anything... I've never had any problems with my camera before and it wasn't dropped but lost its functionality as soon as I went to gen2 :unsure:

No here are my questions:

- Anyone els has experienced losing camera functionality using this method?

- Is it safe to "reTPT" my phone again?

- Or should I put it back to Gen1, and if so - then which method is recommended (don't want to brick my phone of course)?

- Any other suggestion?

Cheers for any help!

format the SD-Card

do the TPT again.

Nightlies can be broken. try with the stable first.

no issues with that on a lot of Blades

Guest curl66
Thanks! much awaited.

Also, what is the difference in the partition layouts? Is 15mb cache better than a 2mb cache partition?

CM7 doent use cache anyway. so dont care about this.

Guest curl66
I just installed N69 from wbaw - and it was without Google Apps again - does anyone else have this issue?

Might it be releated to the fact, that I am in Germany and GMail isn't in the market (without applying the "Market enabler" app)?

gmail is never included.

for me after the TPT first access to market i was asked to install gmail. i am in germany ,too. verified with O2 and VF.

Guest curl66
any way to get it without any google apps? I am trying to install a very minimalistic firmware with the minimal possible apps so it doesnt suck battery

NO.

if you like minimalistic than go into CWM format /system and install your favorite nightly.

but makes for me no sense since only market is installed. and without market a android is a as useful as a brick for me.

Guest Totyasrác
format the SD-Card

do the TPT again.

Nightlies can be broken. try with the stable first.

no issues with that on a lot of Blades

Well, TPT'd back to gen1, then official 2.1-update1 ("csodazip") and then official 2.2 (Hungarian T-Mobile) updates without any success... It can't find the driver so I'm giving up for now... But it started with this method so that's why I'm reporting it - will check back as soon as I find some kind of solution.

Guest Tony Sidaway
Thanks, I tried that without success. My hope is that I have a severe case of newbiitis. At present after many attempts I'm only able to boot into ClockworkMod or the green Android logo. I even tried repeating with a different SIM in the machine, because I had read of a case where this worked (sounds like superstition, but I'm willing to try anything!)

Presumably provided there is no mechanical damage this should still be recoverable from ClockworkMod, but at the moment I would be grateful for pointers as to what to try next. Repeating the TPT from the SD-card doesn't work. If I then remove and replace the battery it still ends up stalling on the green Android logo. If I select Reboot from the ClockwordMod menu it stalls just the same. I always wait for a few minutes to verify that it is stalled.

I've already tried all of the following before rerunning the TPT, without a single successful boot:

• Factory reset
  • Clear Dalvik cache
  • Wipe data cache

Any other ideas?

An update on that: I was able to recover by going to the FAQ thread and running the TPT under "I Want to send my Phone back to the Operator - how do I make it back to stock?"

I'm disappointed that this CyanogenMod install didn't work for me, but at least I now have a usable phone. I was beginning to think it might be damaged.

I've learned a lot in the past few days and I may try to rerun the whole thing in the hope that I don't repeat whatever I did wrong last time.

Guest Doogie Howser

First post guys, need a quick bit of help as I've trawled the forum and am a bit bewildered by all the new stuff since I upgraded to JJ9 a couple of months back. I'm currently running 2.2 JJ9 with ClockworkMod v2.5.1.8 and want to upgrade to CM7. I think the method in this post using TPT seems to be the most straightforward but just want to make sure I'm right in thinking I don't need to upgrade clockworkmod first?

Cheers,

Stu.

Guest trueno2k
Hi,

First things first why can't I download the new 7.0.3 TPT ROM from the link? All I get is a return to the same page!... Is there any chances of getting this flash ROM uploaded to megaupload? Update: No worries found a mirror link, so it's all good :unsure:

I've been using GEN1 to GEN2 CM 7.0.2 TPT on my Orange San Francisco for a while now and am thinking of updating to the next stable ROM (CM 7.0.3), then I see that there is a new GEN1 to GEN2 CM 7.0.3 TPT but this has new partition layouts... I've read what I can possibly read but can not find the answer to what I'm after... Can I just unzip the 7.0.3 TPT to the image folder on my SD card and flash my Blade like I did with 7.0.2 TPT? OR, do I need to flash back to GEN1 and then flash again to GEN2 7.0.3 stable? OR, is the 7.0.3 update ROM already has this new partition layout and I can just flash my Blade using this ROM via ClockWorkMod?

The reason I'm asking is obvious, but I'll say it anyway... I'm asking this is because I don't want to brick my blade if the 7.0.3 TPT ROM isn't flashable on top of 7.0.2 TPT ROM I have already flashed on to my Blade...

Bump... I could do with some answers please!? :)

Guest commander_keen

It seems like I'm running out of space on the system partition with this setup by trying to get some modified framework-files fron UOTkitchen on my Blade. Is there any chance of repartitioning after installation? If so, how?

If not: can the package easily be modified to use another value for the system partition? (greater value than 136MB, e.g. 150MB)

@Trueno2k: No need to go back to Gen1, just hit and run.

Edited by commander_keen

Guest curl66
It seems like I'm running out of space on the system partition with this setup by trying to get some modified framework-files fron UOTkitchen on my Blade. Is there any chance of repartitioning after installation? If so, how?

If not: can the package easily be modified to use another value for the system partition? (greater value than 136MB, e.g. 150MB)

@Trueno2k: No need to go back to Gen1, just hit and run.

you need do build yourself a TPT with wbaws script and edit the partitionsize.

there is a topic for this.

Guest curl66
Well, TPT'd back to gen1, then official 2.1-update1 ("csodazip") and then official 2.2 (Hungarian T-Mobile) updates without any success... It can't find the driver so I'm giving up for now... But it started with this method so that's why I'm reporting it - will check back as soon as I find some kind of solution.

if you are back on GEN 1 just flash the JJ9 TPT or the find the CM7 GEN1 TPT here in this forum.

but format your SD card first , then do the TPT.

camera make use of the SD-Card so if these is broken camera may be wont work

Guest curl66
An update on that: I was able to recover by going to the FAQ thread and running the TPT under "I Want to send my Phone back to the Operator - how do I make it back to stock?"

I'm disappointed that this CyanogenMod install didn't work for me, but at least I now have a usable phone. I was beginning to think it might be damaged.

I've learned a lot in the past few days and I may try to rerun the whole thing in the hope that I don't repeat whatever I did wrong last time.

take out sim

format sd-card

unzip the TPT to your SD-Card

try again.

it have to work.

unless you have already bought a GEN2 phone, these Phones cant use this TPT method.

Guest ogilviea
you need do build yourself a TPT with wbaws script and edit the partitionsize.

there is a topic for this.

Do you mean this? Does this work for gen2 ?