Avoid Currys

Guest RexMundo

Guest mintvilla
Just to clarify.. I did not ask to refund the screen protector!! I am not an idiot.

I put it on cause I didn't want to damage the screen before I even switched it on. Then took it off and chucked it when I decided to take it back. I didn't want that refunded (even though they charge a ridiculous amount for them).

I still disagree that you can evaluate viewing angle at store. Different colors have different angle and background light affects it as well.

It looked ok in store. When I took it home, in the dark, it was much much worse. Especially dark colours in a dark room.. I couldnt get them to look normal unless I was looking at it exactly perpendicular. Even +-10 degrees would mess it up bigtime.

still though, thats like trying on a pair of football boots in the store, buying them, then play in them for a match, not liking the fitting of them while your playing, so returning them after the match, saying that trying them on instore isnt good enough as you need to play football in them to trully see how they fit, Even though theyve been worn and used. Its just unreasonable

Guest RexMundo
still though, thats like trying on a pair of football boots in the store, buying them, then play in them for a match, not liking the fitting of them while your playing, so returning them after the match, saying that trying them on instore isnt good enough as you need to play football in them to trully see how they fit, Even though theyve been worn and used. Its just unreasonable

Emmm noooo

I think you can tell the difference between a pair of boots after a footy match and before.

Could you tell the difference between a new vega and one used for an hour and given a quick wipe? No.

Guest cupracing
Emmm noooo

I think you can tell the difference between a pair of boots after a footy match and before.

Could you tell the difference between a new vega and one used for an hour and given a quick wipe? No.

If alll else fails, I tell you what I will buy it off you at a lower price. The girlfriend is hankering after one

Guest mintvilla
Emmm noooo

can tell you never played football, there is a huge difference when trying boots on in a store, and how they feel when running around on grass, with the studs going into the ground, and the way they feel when you strike a ball.

And yes i could tell the difference between one thats come from the factory, and one thats had someones grubby hands all over it, returned, and then wiped.

Guest Qwertymon

one mildly off topic point it is returns like these that led bestbuy in the Uk to start charging a restocking fee of up to 30%, the more this happens the more likely that dsgi will follow suit.

Guest warriorscot

You get Bestbuy in the UK never seen one.

You really wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a reboxed vega and a new one if its been inspected, cleaned and reboxed someone has probably already done it as devices like the vega are often boxed by the seller not the manufacturer.

Guest High Flyer
You get Bestbuy in the UK never seen one.

You really wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a reboxed vega and a new one if its been inspected, cleaned and reboxed someone has probably already done it as devices like the vega are often boxed by the seller not the manufacturer.

Exactly! However, Who's going to pay for the transportation of the Vega to the factory to be cleaned, reboxed and inspected?

Who's going to pay for the guy that does the inspection?

Hence the need for restocking fees!

I don't know what the guys problem is, I think he should sell it on cheaper and cut his losses, I don't see why Currys should have to pay for it!

Guest steviesteve

Unless you can prove its faulty, you have no right to refund, end of. Same goes for anything you buy in any walk-in store. Most stores afford you rights above and beyond the law and but you should never buy expecting this. Sell it on or gift it.

Guest cpome7
Just to let you know that I bought mine from Currys.

BIG MISTAKE.

I brought it home. Opened it up, put on the screen protector, switched it on, had a look at screen.. REALLY didnt like

the vewing angle, took it back the very next day (took screen protector off obviously)

They wouldn't take it back. It has to be unopened to accept a return.

Always buy online as you are allowed 14 days under law.

Last time I am buying anything from Currys. Bunch of thieves. It was the trafford centre branch.

Just to let you know that I read your tiresome post.

BIG MISTAKE.

:mellow: