Shiny New Paperweight

Guest dcmtnbkr

Guest dcmtnbkr
Any progress with Asus? I haven't gotten a reply to my email yet...

waiting for a higher level tech to call me back... supposedly. I know he is there, as the technician in training kept asking him questions

Guest hecatomb
waiting for a higher level tech to call me back... supposedly. I know he is there, as the technician in training kept asking him questions

I understand techs need to go through training at some point, but that's what, potentially 4 different people we've talked to that are "in training"? They must throw the new blood on the Eee lines... :mellow:

Guest dcmtnbkr
I understand techs need to go through training at some point, but that's what, potentially 4 different people we've talked to that are "in training"? They must throw the new blood on the Eee lines... :mellow:

That or it's the same guy... no call yet. About to call them back.

Guest dcmtnbkr
That or it's the same guy... no call yet. About to call them back.

On hold while he tries to get a tech to help me. Also a traing rep btw. his name is adrian.

Guest hecatomb
On hold while he tries to get a tech to help me. Also a traing rep btw. his name is adrian.

Hmm... I think I talked to a Dwayne and something with a B...

Guest dcmtnbkr
got cold transferred to a voicemail. Now im speaking with renee

renee transferred me to andre

he said they are working on a fix, not to send it in, but to wait 24 hours and i should get a call back. He also said he will try to get approval for a cross ship/i highly doubt they will do any of this, and i will probably be on the phone again tomorrow the second i get out of work, but at least this guy sounded like he had some clue of what i was talking about

Guest CalvinH

After so much excitation about the transformer I'd be mad if something like that happened (don't own one yet, but hope to).

Just wanted to say I hope Asus give you gives some kind of solution ASAP.

Regards.

Guest hecatomb

he said they are working on a fix, not to send it in, but to wait 24 hours and i should get a call back. He also said he will try to get approval for a cross ship/i highly doubt they will do any of this, and i will probably be on the phone again tomorrow the second i get out of work, but at least this guy sounded like he had some clue of what i was talking about

Ah, finally, sounds like progress! Thanks for taking the time so sit on the phone with them...

Guest dcmtnbkr
Ah, finally, sounds like progress! Thanks for taking the time so sit on the phone with them...

Glad i can help. Hopefully I get somewhere. By the way, renee was in training too. I asked if there was anybody answering the phones that is not in training. She said "there's a couple"

Guest hecatomb

A Asus Dev (or so he claims, hard to really tell) has started to post on XDA about the issue... Evidently they're working on a recovery image that can be flashed from SD.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=89

I'm sorry for this problem, for the bricked devices, we are going to provide an SD update file to flash your device to 8.2.3.9 version very soon. We've figured out a cause for this issue, we are fixing it. Sorry for the inconvenience..
Edited by hecatomb

Guest Andrew Cesal

I got pretty much the same response from a trainee regarding my Transformer to. Just gave me a case number and said "a supervisor will call you within 48 hours". By then I hope the Dev community will solve this problem.

Guest shaneaus68

I'm another one with a bricked TF... Guess, I'm #4.

Sent in an email to Asus. Tried to call the 1-800 number. After sitting in a waiting que for about 10 minutes the line disconnected...

Nothing more to add other than exact same issue as described here and on the xda forum. If anyone gets any updates please pm me!

-----------------------------

HOLY CRAP!

I think the four of us on the xda forum have a real ASUS employee/tech support person/lurker!

He just PM'd us a link to a file that might fix our bricks! IF THIS WORKS.... OH, MY GOD! I WILL BE FOREVER IMPRESSED WITH ASUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Don't post to the thread. I'm downloading the file now and will update this post with the results. Then you can post all you want!

(In the interest of this thread not becoming another page before we even know if this is going to work.)

--------------------------

Disregard, so far, the tech just pm'd us another "EP101_SDUPDATE.zip" file. But, we can't use it because it gets stuck on the previous kernel without providing a prompt to update to the one on the SDCard.

Edited by shaneaus68

Guest hecatomb

We're getting PM'ed a possible fix right now... will update shortly.

Edit:

Ugh... no solution yet... :mellow:

Edited by hecatomb

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ningmei74

i have the same problem :unsure:

stuck on the asus logo when booting

can connect it to the pc with the nvflash apx mode only

but still no solution now

bought it from ebay and have nowhere tp return it

Guest ningmei74
i have the same problem :unsure: