[GEN2] [ROM] FLB r11b Lite and Phat < Gen 2 only >

Guest Len Ash

Has anyone had any problems getting wifi tether to work in this version? When I try to start it it simply says "Error". Normal wifi works fine.

(I wiped before flashing, my previous ROM was CM7)

I too have this problem. The blue icon appears but I am not able to enter the tethering settings to configure it and then after a few seconds it returns an error :-/

I also have the wonky slider to answer a call as illustrated in the above post.

Edited by Guest

Guest Len Ash
My phone has started doing this today as well :unsure:

er... It hasn't gone like that all on its own! The ROM has been in the wild for weeks... I can't replicate it.

Could someone indicate what they have changed/updated/downloaded or how they got to Gen 2 (method) please.

PS - it isn't necessary to "quote" the huge image every time.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Davie1888

Ok I used wbaw's Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade in the stickies, then used the flb rom in this post.

I've not changed anything at all and my have not downloaded anything either as i've not even setup my apn's yet, so can't explain why it would suddenly do this.

Guest g4mer10

good job this is really a good Rom :rolleyes: but how i can get G-Talk :P ? with FLB r10b i had G-Talk and if i want to install it there is every time an error "Application is not installed".

Sry 4 bad English im German <_<

Edited by g4mer10

Just a stupid question: My Blade is Gen1 with Flb Rom, How could I upgrade to Gen2 Flb? Convert a phone to a gen2 first? Than install this rom via Tpt? Thanks!

Guest Simon O
I can cofirm that slider bug also in original GEN 1 rom (flb-froyo-r11b)

Hmm. Anyone that doesn't have the slider bug when you have an incoming call?

It looks like the wrong images are being shown when a call is incoming. The code in phone.apk loads the swipe images from framework-res.apk so it's entirely possible that a couple of image IDs have shifted when I made modifications to FLB in the past. Very odd though as I'm quite sure I didn't make any framework changes between r10 and r11b.

If anybody wants to try something.. install one of the Frankish custom themes and see if this fixes the incoming call sliders. If they do then the original framework-res.apk will need to be edited. If the slides still have issues then Phone.apk will need editing to repoint a couple of strings to the correct images. Not that difficult to do to be honest.

Or try using Phone.apk from flb r10.

Guest Kris Dee

I have Frankish custom theme instaled and slider is still broken.

edit

BINGO!!!

Use Phone.apk from flb r10b and slider is OK

http://www.multiupload.com/UU5P98JO86

BTW this rom is quicker than SS has better batery live and also nice power widget in notification bar.

Edited by Kris Dee

Guest rwalton159
I have Frankish custom theme instaled and slider is still broken.

edit

BINGO!!!

BTW this rom is quicker than SS has better batery live and also nice power widget in notification bar.

I'm using CM 7 with nightly 63. Is it easy to switch to this please?

Guest Kris Dee
I'm using CM 7 with nightly 63. Is it easy to switch to this please?

You probably have only 2mb cache partition which means paused/failed downloads from the Market.(20mb cache also isn't perfect for this rom)

Recommend stock Gen2 partition layout.

Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade with Gen2 stock partition layout: Cache 37.5M, System 220M, Data 162.5M, OEM 21M = Total of 454.5M used.

Download

FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite with fixed Incoming Call Slider

Download

Edited by Kris Dee

Guest rwalton159
You probably have only 2mb cache partition which means paused/failed downloads from the Market.(20mb cache also isn't perfect for this rom)

Recommend stock Gen2 partition layout.

Gen1 to Gen2 TPT upgrade with Gen2 stock partition layout: Cache 37.5M, System 220M, Data 162.5M, OEM 21M = Total of 454.5M used.

Download

FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite with fixed Incoming Call Slider

Download

Thanks Kris, I should have said 'm on the Gen 2 CM7 (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/338058/gen1-gen2-rom-cm-7-0-2stable-nxx-tpt-image-for-easy-install/) produced by curl

Can I just flash to this just by using FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite with fixed Incoming Call Slider by saving it to my sd card and re-booting please?

Perhaps I should also ask would this rom be better than the one I'm on? The battery useage for my current setup is very poor.

Thank you

Guest Simon O
BINGO!!!

Thought it would be something stupid like that. I must have downgraded Phone.apk when I packaged up r11.. very odd.

Quick update that will replace the faulty phone.apk with the r10 version so the sliders work ok: r11_phonefix.zip

install through recovery, don't wipe.

Guest Simon O
Thanks Kris, I should have said 'm on the Gen 2 CM7 (http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blade-roms-rom-customisation/338058/gen1-gen2-rom-cm-7-0-2stable-nxx-tpt-image-for-easy-install/) produced by curl

Can I just flash to this just by using FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite with fixed Incoming Call Slider by saving it to my sd card and re-booting please?

Perhaps I should also ask would this rom be better than the one I'm on? The battery useage for my current setup is very poor.

Thank you

On an existing rom it'll be better to just use the zip I added to my post which will replace Phone.apk

Any rom using the newer stock kernels such as FLB Gen2 have much better battery life than others. I believe the kernel code that ZTE released has several bugs and it also appears to be older than most of the shipped 2.2 kernels.

Users of Swedish Spring have reported bad battery life and lag when using a custom kernel, but these problems go away when using a stock kernel. Same with FLB based on my own experience.

Guest Kris Dee

Thank you

Copy a FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite zip file to your sd card ready to install.

Unzip this Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v4-stock-layout zip file to your sd card, it should create an image directory.

Power off, wait a few seconds, then power on with menu & vol+ held (On some models of the Blade try holding menu + volume up + power.).

It should take a few seconds to flash the new Gen2 firmware (you should see some green text), then it should reboot into ClockworkMod recovery.

Choose: wipe cache partition.

Choose: wipe data/factory reset.

Choose the 5th item "install zip fom sdcard"

Choose the 2nd item "choose zip from sdcard"

Choose the file "FLB r11b Gen 2 Lite.zip"

Choose the various yes options

When complete use the back button to get back to the main menu

Choose the 1st item "reboot now"

The phone now reboots.

Once installed, remove the image directory from your sd card, to prevent accidentally reinstalling.

Also recommend:

Frankish Themes

Frankish Power Widget Colours

from market:

Launcher Pro

QuickPic

Guest flux88

Thanks.

But how do we install Frankish themes as I can't get into Clockwork menu anymore. It just freezes on the android boot screen when I hold Vol. down.

Edited by flux88

Guest lokain01

Hi anyone having problems with live wallpapers. I can download them but no way of accessing them when I press Menu, Wallpaper?