Anyone interested in Huawei Ideos X 5?

Guest CarpetDiem

Guest Simon O
Any posts on this yet, or is PoB likely to put up a news article or review?

A further price drop closer to £120, or HotUK Deal or Quidco offer and I could tempted.

I expect Paul will post about the device soon. Maybe a forum for it too, who knows.

Guest goatee
I expect Paul will post about the device soon. Maybe a forum for it too, who knows.

I'm sure he will - particularly after messages like this :P

@flibblesan The hackability on this thing is off the chart...!

Guest Pulseuser1

xda have got a forum on the ideos x5, so i dont see why Modaco shouldnt do too :P :rolleyes::D ...and i must say the x5 is pretty cool as i have one myslef, all you have to do is root it so you can get rid of some of the bloatware huawei have put on it...apart from that its a really good phone....it has an Adreno 205 gpu by the way <_<

Guest Simon O
If we get some custom roms up and running for the X5 then I may buy one later this year.

There is a rom and custom kernel at XDA done by a Chinese U8800 member, and Paul is working on a few things here too. It's definitely the Pulse replacement that people have been waiting for.

Guest biron_w
There is a rom and custom kernel at XDA done by a Chinese U8800 member, and Paul is working on a few things here too. It's definitely the Pulse replacement that people have been waiting for.

Good to hear. I can't afford to spend £200+ on a phone and have left it too long to get the blade.

Guest Simon O
Good to hear. I can't afford to spend £200+ on a phone and have left it too long to get the blade.

Well this is certainly a phone to consider getting. It's very hackable and the guys that ported CM7 to the blade are interested in buying this phone too. so in a couple of months users could see a fully working CM7 gingerbread rom too :P

The IDEOS X5 / U8800 is the Pulse replacement everyone was waiting for.

Guest jeddy1
where did you find it on that price??? In Wind store he is 200 euros

oh wow 12 euros more ! and yes in WIND stores here its 188.

Guest Keynun

Just got this phone today, absolutely terrible....on the stock rom it came with. Once I installed the B160 rom on XDA forums..WOW! I really cannot live with the pulse any more. This thing is fast! overclocked to 1.3ghz, plays games quite well (pro evo 2011 runs nicely), smooth menu's, smooth everything! The camera is also pretty decent, although nothing special (even with a gimmicky flash...). Although I've never used a San Francisco, I believe it will easily spank it, especially if the price drops further.

Guest Simon O
Just got this phone today, absolutely terrible....on the stock rom it came with. Once I installed the B160 rom on XDA forums..WOW! I really cannot live with the pulse any more. This thing is fast! overclocked to 1.3ghz, plays games quite well (pro evo 2011 runs nicely), smooth menu's, smooth everything! The camera is also pretty decent, although nothing special (even with a gimmicky flash...). Although I've never used a San Francisco, I believe it will easily spank it, especially if the price drops further.

If you have a UK phone then it's best to update to the latest official rom then use the superboot image on the u8800 forum. At least until Paul releases a custom rom.

Official rom update here: http://bit.ly/jE1rk4

Guest jeddy1
If you have a UK phone then it's best to update to the latest official rom then use the superboot image on the u8800 forum. At least until Paul releases a custom rom.

Official rom update here: http://bit.ly/jE1rk4

which one of them all is the last official rom? dump question but i just wanna know bec i am thinking to buy this phone also !

Guest Pulseuser1

The stock ROM isnt that terrible, its not like the HTC sensation for example but thats a bit too far coz thats dual core.... but of course it depends where u got the X5 from . I got mine last week and the stock ROM seems pretty decent...no HUUUGGEE lags like on the Pulse everything seems pretty brisk for me. Games run much better than on the Pulse. Its just basically an awesome low budget (and hackable) phone.