[Guide] Flashing firmware to Blade/Libra via windows

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Guest Ythle

Is there some way to repartition my stock GEN2 blade?

Freespace app says im having 210 Mb of cache, feels kinda useless when I don't use it...

Thanks

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Is there some way to repartition my stock GEN2 blade?

Freespace app says im having 210 Mb of cache, feels kinda useless when I don't use it...

Thanks

you can use anything on the OP, as per the instructions. If your cache shows 210MB however, it probably isn't actually the cache - its been redirected to data or something. There's no way your cache partition would be 210 MB.

Guest Vvorth

I'm sure other Chinese users would appreciate it if you posted pictures and stuff.

Memory chip is Samsung k524g2gacb-a050, from quick search its only 256mb hardware ram. So there is no way to unlock ram on v880.

Anyway, is it possible to change partition layout on it? Because 220mb of system partition is not so effective.

Edited by Vvorth

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Memory chip is Samsung k524g2gacb-a050, from quick search its only 256mb hardware ram. So there is no way to unlock ram on v880.

Anyway, is it possible to change partition layout on it? Because 220mb of system partition is not so effective.

http://android.modaco.com/topic/337798-gen1-to-gen2-tpt-upgrade/

Do a search through the later pages of that thread - It is explained how to edit appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn in order to change partition sizes. If you are willing to take the risk, then edit the relevant files from the Chinese firmware, and then flash them.

Guest Vvorth
http://android.modac...n2-tpt-upgrade/ Do a search through the later pages of that thread - It is explained how to edit appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn in order to change partition sizes. If you are willing to take the risk, then edit the relevant files from the Chinese firmware, and then flash them.

I didnt find how to edit these files(may be i'm blind or something) - can you give me a link =.)

And i have a question, may be you know:

Can I just generate appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn using ZTE Blade Partition Layout Tool.exe and choose Gen2 or this will bricks V880(offcourse another files will be from China Unicom v880 firmware, but only recovery from that TPT, because AFAIK its a clockwork image)?

PS

I've checked - Power_on + Vol_Plus and even + Menu without image folder on sdcard just to test - and nothing happened. Is it means that i have no tpt mode or image folder is necessary?

Edited by Vvorth

Guest DVDeus

Hello folks!

I think this is the correct thread for me, and even if I've read almost all of it, I would still have a question (almost certanly already answered).

I will get another Blade, which was Gen1 and now it has CMod 7.03. I suppose it was flashed to Gen2 using win flasher, right?

Now what I want is to run the wbaw's TPT to install his Stir Fry or maybe Blue Ginger. What do I have to do?

Convert it back to Gen1 using this method, then back to Gen2 using wbaw's method, and finally install ROM using Clockworkmod? Do I need to be careful with anything?

Thanks a lot!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

I didnt find how to edit these files(may be i'm blind or something) - can you give me a link =.)

And i have a question, may be you know:

Can I just generate appsboot.mbn and partition_zte.mbn using ZTE Blade Partition Layout Tool.exe and choose Gen2 or this will bricks V880(offcourse another files will be from China Unicom v880 firmware, but only recovery from that TPT, because AFAIK its a clockwork image)?

PS

I've checked - Power_on + Vol_Plus and even + Menu without image folder on sdcard just to test - and nothing happened. Is it means that i have no tpt mode or image folder is necessary?

Yeah I can't find it myself now, could have sworn it was there.

You cannot use that tool because it will generate the European versions of the files. You can use a hex editor to see what that tool does (because you need to do the same thing to your files).

If there is no image folder on the SD card, then nothing will happen if you turn on with volume up and menu, that's normal.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Hello folks!

I think this is the correct thread for me, and even if I've read almost all of it, I would still have a question (almost certanly already answered).

I will get another Blade, which was Gen1 and now it has CMod 7.03. I suppose it was flashed to Gen2 using win flasher, right?

Now what I want is to run the wbaw's TPT to install his Stir Fry or maybe Blue Ginger. What do I have to do?

Convert it back to Gen1 using this method, then back to Gen2 using wbaw's method, and finally install ROM using Clockworkmod? Do I need to be careful with anything?

Thanks a lot!

If your phone is Gen2 (ask mr pigfish) then all you need to do is flash the appropriate .zip file in clockworkmod.

Guest DVDeus

So there is no difference with Gen2 win flash and Gen2 TPT (wbaw)?

My Blade was Gen1>Gen2 (wbaw)>Blue Ginger. So therefore I was confused. What about Fastboot and partition sizes? Everything the same?

Thanks!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

So there is no difference with Gen2 win flash and Gen2 TPT (wbaw)?

My Blade was Gen1>Gen2 (wbaw)>Blue Ginger. So therefore I was confused. What about Fastboot and partition sizes? Everything the same?

Thanks!

There are differences, but not in terms of the ROMs you can run (as long as they are the right Gen). wbaw's TPTs have fastboot working from v7 and up. The custom layouts on this thread are the same as wbaw's TPTs, just packed so they can be flashed via windows. If you have never flashed with windows then there should be no need, just use wbaw's TPTs.

Guest Vvorth

You cannot use that tool because it will generate the European versions of the files. You can use a hex editor to see what that tool does (because you need to do the same thing to your files).

Thank you. I've started to find differences before this message - and seems like I found what to change =.)

Another one question - Can i just remove recovery.img from TPT archive to be sure that my recovery is isnt rewrited to be able to restore previously backed up ROM(offcourse i'll recreate md5sums and sha1sums)?

Tell me please is this works fine at least on 70%-80%? If so - i'll do it =.)

Guest DVDeus

There are differences, but not in terms of the ROMs you can run (as long as they are the right Gen). wbaw's TPTs have fastboot working from v7 and up. The custom layouts on this thread are the same as wbaw's TPTs, just packed so they can be flashed via windows. If you have never flashed with windows then there should be no need, just use wbaw's TPTs.

So, to sum up, I can put image folder of wbaw's TPT to the root SD, and start the phone with Vol+, even if the phone is already Gen2 with Cyanogenmod 7.03? And even that I don't know how was the phone converted from Gen1 to Gen2?

Sorry for complicating things:)

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Thank you. I've started to find differences before this message - and seems like I found what to change =.)

Another one question - Can i just remove recovery.img from TPT archive to be sure that my recovery is isnt rewrited to be able to restore previously backed up ROM(offcourse i'll recreate md5sums and sha1sums)?

Tell me please is this works fine at least on 70%-80%? If so - i'll do it =.)

you can remove recovery.img but it will still get wiped. The one that is included in the TPT has clockworkmod, so you will be able to restore your ROM if you make a nandroid backup and it still fits on your new partition layout.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

So, to sum up, I can put image folder of wbaw's TPT to the root SD, and start the phone with Vol+, even if the phone is already Gen2 with Cyanogenmod 7.03? And even that I don't know how was the phone converted from Gen1 to Gen2?

Sorry for complicating things:)

yes. It will only work if it was TPT upgraded, but it won't hurt to try. If the TPT doesnt work then flash one of the custom layouts from the OP of this thread (that will work if the TPT doesn't).

Guest Vvorth

you can remove recovery.img but it will still get wiped. The one that is included in the TPT has clockworkmod, so you will be able to restore your ROM if you make a nandroid backup and it still fits on your new partition layout.

Hi, Thank you for help - it works fine:

I took recovery.img from TPT, the other files are standard for china unicom v880, but edited appsboot.mbm partition_zte.mbm.Сreated nandroid.md5 and sha1sum(not sure if this is needed) - and it worked.

Guest DVDeus

yes. It will only work if it was TPT upgraded, but it won't hurt to try. If the TPT doesnt work then flash one of the custom layouts from the OP of this thread (that will work if the TPT doesn't).

Thank you! Will try it when I get it.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hedgepigdaniel

HI,

from where i can download files:

“download.exe” and “driverinstaller.exe” ???

which i need to flash FV

they are included in the firmware package .zip, which you must unzip.

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Hi,

I need to return my a5 to waranty but i have ClockworkMod installed.

How can I uninstall it, and put back the original Restore Boot.

Thanks

If it came with android 2.1, make sure your phone is Gen1 (flash Gen1 firmware if it isn't), and then install the stock ROM from here using clockworkmod. If it came with android 2.2, then flash the Sapo A5 2.2 update from here.

Both of those options will leave your phone as new.

If you want to keep your ROM/apps etc and just restore recovery (where clockworkmod is), then you'll need to find a way of flashing just the recovery.img file in either of the two downloads from the above methods. One way is to download a flashable zip of clockworkmod from here, replace the recovery.img in the zip file with the image from the stock one, and then flash it in clockworkmod.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hedgepigdaniel

Hi!

How do I remove or replace the CW recovery if the phone has to go to repair (warranty)? I guess I cannot leave CW installed:)

flash restore stock recovery from the OP

I have extracted recovery.img from stock ROM zip, and install it using Recovery Manager. But when I power on with Vol+, CW is still there. Any hint?

EDIT: tried the method on first post. Now the FTM screen appears. Is that it? Because I have never tried recovery on a stock, only CW, so I don't know what's OK. Thanks!

Edited by DVDeus