[Guide] Flashing firmware to Blade/Libra via windows

Guest hedgepigdaniel

Guest XpressAndy

Anyone?

Guys I tried following firmware package in FTM mode custom Gen2 160 v10

But after flashing above package. My phone is always booting into FTM mode. It does not boot into recvery at all.

I am not able to proceed further from following steps

• Unzip the contents of the firmware package you want to flash. Start the program called “download.exe” in the root folder. When the flasher window comes up, press the start button. If the start button is not clickable, use “driverinstaller.exe” to install ZTE drivers and make sure your phone is connected and in FTM mode.
  • Wait a few minutes for your phone to be flashed. The screen will turn black for a while. Do not interrupt this process. A message will inform you when flashing is complete.
  • Disconnect your phone and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and turn on the phone (normally, with no buttons pressed). Your phone should boot into clockworkmod recovery.

My phone is always booting into FTM mode now. I even tried other package custom Gen2 215 v10

The phone is seems to be stuck in FTM mode even when I start it normally.

What should I do now?

Anyone?

Edited by XpressAndy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest flixblixclix

Hi devs,,,,,

after flashing tpt with

system: 160 mb

data:279mb

cache:2mb...

all things worked fine..... and i installed a rom after tpt flash via cwm....

but when i update the laterst cm7 or whenever i try to go into cwm.. it doesn't go....... both via rom manager and hardware button......

any one can guide me to get back..... or else should i go with stock tpt

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ape09090

Guys,

I have a gen 1 orange san fransisco / zte blade and I want to flash to cyanogen mod 7.2.0 from rom manager.

I'm concerned about the phone being gen 1 though,I won't brick it will I?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest raizor6th

Hi. i got chinese blade with 512mb ram( it has a label at the back: ASSEMBLED IN CHINA) for full spec here www.whatswithjeff.com/smart-netphone-701-specs-price-philippines/

my blade become a 256mb RAM Blade after a couple of TPT. i just want to ask if its possible to recover the 512mb RAM with all the things are working as usual as the time i have bpught the phone. i mean all i want is to return back the stock GEN2 partition layout with 512mb RAM.

before things happened i just TPTed my blade using a GEN2 V2a from here www.amphoras.co.uk/downloads (no notice not for chinese blade) RIL doesn't work here but gives me 512mb RAM so

i have tried the CHINESE U-V880 GEN2 TPT RIL is working but gives me 256mb RAM which is very much laggy. atleast someone would try to answer.

thanks

Edited by raizor6th

• 3 weeks later...

uploadfromtaptalk1352217323180.jpg

40 MB of RAM used as cache?

Why on original layout there are 37,5MB of cache without RAM use, and with this cache is a disk+RAM space?

Can anyone confirm this?

Guest anthonybaus

How do I recover my phone from a somewhat permanet brick? I say permanent because it wont boot at all, not even light up the screen or blink the red led, it is just totally dead.. This happened after i tried reflashing stock ROM to my blade which had cm10.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 009Eric

I have a 2 years old Saunalahti unrooted Blade, which was originally Gen1 2.1, then upgraded by OEM (Saunalahti) to Gen2 2.2 functioning without any problems! Unluckily I upgraded to Gen3 ZTE neutral 2.3 and

now it boots normally, but after not using the phone for a while the screen blocks and I cannot unlock the screen, have to reboot again. Also the camera stopped functioning, which I do not care, because not using it anyhow!

Are there any hints to solve this problem?

Guest fahad.sagittarius

After flashing the recovery. The DELL logo which use to flash at start up is replaced with green Android logo. Is there any way to get that back?

Guest coolfox

After flashing the recovery. The DELL logo which use to flash at start up is replaced with green Android logo. Is there any way to get that back?

What is the Android version after flashing update? Any new Apps ? Though App versions must have been updated !

Guest Filipe_24

Hi guys ... Ermm ... I need some help over here ... I have a ZTE Blade aka Orange San Francisco ( Portugal Optimus Version ) , and i flashed CM 7.1.0 some time ago . It all worked well until a few days back .The phone didnt booted , It just stays loading on that blue Cyanogen Mod Android screen , after the green one ... It starts loading , it stops ,and then it starts loading again ... ANd it stays like that for ever ... I the decided to flash all over again , but i started from the begining :

Flashed CM 7.0.0 , but when i tried to flash 7.0.1 , it keeps turning the phone off and showing only the green android . Now i flashed only 7.0.0 ,and it works , but i dont have the option to configure a Google Account , not even on the Accounts and Sync Menu. I dont even have the Market App (Google Play) .I dont mind on staying with this ROM , but i cant get my contacts againif i cant get my Google Account ...

I would love to have the latest CM Rom for Blade .I dont know wich one is 'cause i havent come here for ages ...

What should i do ? If anyone wouldnt mind to give me some help i would apreciate ... Maybe a step by step thingy , just for me to get this stupid phone working again ...Because im loosing my temper here :S ...

Thanks in advance ...

Edited by Filipe_24

• 3 weeks later...
Guest afridi2129

Hi, Thanks for the guide, I am stuck at step 7. I used Stock Rom Froyo Softbank Japan. as Phone came from japan and it is GEN2, and had Softbank Rom. cut the long story something happen and now i must have to use your written method, but issue is i get SYSTEM UPDATE MODE after step 7, according to your guide i should get CWM. but i am getting System Update Mode written on screen, and it is with normal boot, i mean i pressed only power key. Please advise. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest pankajdere12

:( i have a idea zte blade and this is no swich on but clockworkmod recovery v4.0.0.8 is start to press the vol key and show the

E:failed to find "cache"partition to mountat"/cache"

please help me

• 3 weeks later...
Guest yakovperelman69

Hi

I've an Orange San Francisco (ZTE Blade) sold with gen1 layout.

follow web posts i updated it to gen2 via TPT method using "Gen1-to-Gen2-TPT-v10-custom.zip"

after that i installed some roms ( CM 7,Swedish_Spring_RLS5.zip )

everything looks fine, but i'm Not getting a cell signal, "NO SERVICE" error and no bars on the cell phone coverage.

It always shows an 'x' symbol and I've also tried manually searching the networks.

Can you HELP ME please ???

Sorry my english

Thank's

Guest flyfishing

Hello,guys got some issues whit my Zte Blade China.I was tryed to go in recovery mod and was appear FTM only,and i was use blade_stock_gen2_firmware_china_unicorn OSF Flasher,patched by radmir and succes to go in recovery MOD.all fine untill i pick to copy original San Francisco from sd card,now my phone is stuck on android logo,and i cant acces recovery MOD by+volume+power button guess is a bootloop.i tryed fastbootand results was ''no device found,any1 can help me whit that issue? when i conect phone on computer got windows error 43(windows not recognise the device coze is damaged).i really need HELP guys so pls... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shad0wboss

Actually, after flashing...step 7 never shows up i.e the phone boots back into the FTM again. Same problem as the above poster...

"Disconnect your phone and remove the battery. Reinsert the battery and turn on the phone (normally, with no buttons pressed). Your phone should boot into clockworkmod recovery."

• 1 month later...
Guest khizhny

Please help. I need Stock GEN3 TPT for Blade with 220 Mb System partition size.

Need to restore original ROM but it's too big for fit in stock 200Mb System TPT. I've found just an old broken link.