[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest peter a

From the transformer specs, it says 10 point multi-touch, as anyone checked if the vega on HC is still on two ?

I`ve never seen anything change so fast is getting HC working on the Vega.

Smartbook was doing their bragging (http://www.tabletstoreuk.com) saying we will get HC in April ( I know before a google hold back of code ) , This is going to one in the eye for them .

They should have come to you for their port , Well done !!!

Guest sipart

Google Earth with 3d rendered buildings is cool :-)

oooppps until vega locked up over the Houses of Parliament - don't you just love alphas - "yes i do" :-D

Guest sipart
I just downloaded flash 10.3 so will test it now

On A4 now - Flash V10.2.155.67 still works on iplayer website - BBC news site as well now - again just tap the empty frame and video starts.

You Tube a no-go though (does that use flash on honeycomb?) - well if I sign in and watch the one video I have uploaded on my account that works!

Gallery works a treat - all picasa photos show up nicely.

New market app is cool.

Basic list of Honeycomb apps to try:

http://carpeaqua.com/2011/03/29/an-updated...-for-honeycomb/

But apparently there is more (about 50) - but as usual the search giant that is google doesn't exactly make them easy to find!!

Google Body is SUPER cool :-D - Installs and runs - but just waiting for a lock up!

Really need to try and do a video of alpha 4 - it's very good despite the odd lock ups. If you were tempted and thought better of it - go on you know you want to!

Just use the one click backup (and restorer) - it's dead easy to roll back to your current build courtesy of Zebrahead if you want to:

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...tore-win-linux/

Edited by sipart

Guest sipart
How you getting Google Earth to run for you mate?

On alpha 4 - so installed from market. Tends to lock up though - as does maps - but it's alpha so que sera, sera :-)

Guest Stevonator

Mate you're releasing these at an alarming rate !

You must live, drink, eat and sleep Vegacomb! You know, I see the first release of Alpha and I think OMG honeycomb on the Vega ! I didn't care about the fact that the majority of features didn't function, it was honeycomb!

I thought it'll take a few weeks before Wifi is released and more versions are set free, but here we are ALPHA 4 WITH WIFI just DAYS after the initial release and, well I don't know what to say!.

Just keep up the FANTASTIC work !! You're a true inspiration.

Guest sipart
This is the error I am getting.

52ix7.png

stumped remlap - mine was just a fresh alpha 4 build - first thing I installed after signing into mail and market etc - try Google Body - similar as it pulls all the data of the net while you use it i think

Guest chugglet
This is the error I am getting.

52ix7.png

Hello Remlap, I don't want to hijack this amazing thread in any way but what do you use to take the screenshot?

I've not installed HC yet but I am very much looking forward to exchanging some beer tokens for a more stable version when its available. Which at the rate that Corvus & Newbe5 are moving should be sometime tomorrow or Saturday!!!

I'm only a newbie and am not very experienced with the Vega yet!!!

Guest Shaizer

Is everyone having the same problem with flash (inc. 10.3) the video is not showing up but the audio is working and when I press the fullscreen button on videos (I guess where it is) the fullscreen version works but not in browser. The gallery and music and 3d photo viewer app isn't able to find any images, was working fine in alpha3?

Edited by Shaizer

Guest achromic

:unsure: OMFG! You guys have just breathed life back into the VEGA!

I was about to sell it to my bro for £150, don't think I will now.

Keep up the v good work, and yes, I second that DSG should be paying you

Guest jonnyspuruk
+1

using this trick again worked for me again

adb remount

adb shell

chmod 06755 /system/bin/su

exit

on the other side, market is working and looks amazing.

Thanks guys!

can someone please explain how i do this please?

thx

Guest Panayioti
can someone please explain how i do this please?

thx

Connect your Vega to PC using debugging/adb then open a command prompt and paste that in.

Guest jonnyspuruk
Connect your Vega to PC using debugging/adb then open a command prompt and paste that in.

whenever i paste into command promt it shuts down the promt straight away and does nothing ....no root privileges ??

Guest warriorscot

Type it in rather than pasting so you can see what is working. Also check you are connected to the a DB using the command adb devices.

To those asking if this is ready for daily use? No it isn't too many apps fc and performance is variable however it is pretty good and you can make do with it. And the new features that work go a long way to forgiving the faults.

Guest jonnyspuruk
Type it in rather than pasting so you can see what is working. Also check you are connected to the a DB using the command adb devices.

To those asking if this is ready for daily use? No it isn't too many apps fc and performance is variable however it is pretty good and you can make do with it. And the new features that work go a long way to forgiving the faults.

no just get the message 'adb' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

unsure why as i used adb to install pauls roms previous to corvus roms with clockwork???

Guest phil8715

Just installed it and it looks great. I've noticed that I could play a Facebook game and no I can't after flashing with VegaComb.

But apart from that it I'm liking it so far.

Guest terminaljunkie

Thanks for that. I use mine for study etc & until it can migrate with next to zero issues I cannot take the risk.

An utterly astounding feat by Corvus & Newbe whose names should be up in lights...and props to those testing & reporting back...this is collaborative effort at its finest.

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME!

THEY WILL ALSO DONATE BEER.

CHEERS

Edited by terminaljunkie