[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest warriorscot

I use mine for studying too, and for that purpose its ok as long mostly for that purpose all I need is a browser and a good solid pdf reader which you can find both of for honeycomb so it isn't too bad in that respect. Will probably keep it on for the next couple of days at least before going back to CM7.

One thing to really avoid is live wallpapers I had a bad reaction with that it ended up causing all sorts of performance issues.

Additional bugs found: Battery meter doesn't always update but can be fixed with a reboot. Aldiko FCs, same with air attack HD but pinball another tegra game works fine maybe even better. Dolby mobile crashes the settings page. Poweramp gives a false positive FC warning but actually works after you clear the warning. Market threw a hissy fit once but this was when running the live wallpaper so could have been an issue. Quickoffice FCs which is a total drag its probably the only major app that I would say is necessary for day to day use that doesn't run.

For those with space issues on titanium try only doing partial updates and then moving things to usb storage then doing some more.

One thing that is definitely improved in HC is the touchscreen it works much better.

Guest bewA

I think if you're an advanced use and understand this is an alpha i think its fine for everyday use as you can get round the issues!

Personally i consider my self one and i'm quite happy to use this daily!

I wonder if newb5 and corvus will consider doing an update.zip for upgrades or if its better to just nvflash everytime considering things are changing so massively!

Guest tony barnes
Mate you're releasing these at an alarming rate !

You must live, drink, eat and sleep Vegacomb! You know, I see the first release of Alpha and I think OMG honeycomb on the Vega ! I didn't care about the fact that the majority of features didn't function, it was honeycomb!

I thought it'll take a few weeks before Wifi is released and more versions are set free, but here we are ALPHA 4 WITH WIFI just DAYS after the initial release and, well I don't know what to say!.

Just keep up the FANTASTIC work !! You're a true inspiration.

Seconded! Can't wait until this hits Beta :unsure:

Guest Melted

I found another strange bug.

When some apps have by default "locked portrait" ( like aldiko or samba) the portrait displays upside down , I mean, the forced bottom of the screen is the one with the hard buttons , so it slips from the case.

I hope I made myself understood. :unsure:

again, amazing job.

Guest G dot
Is everyone having the same problem with flash (inc. 10.3) the video is not showing up but the audio is working and when I press the fullscreen button on videos (I guess where it is) the fullscreen version works but not in browser. The gallery and music and 3d photo viewer app isn't able to find any images, was working fine in alpha3?

Yep, same here.... haven't tried guessing where the full-screen button is though, will give that a try.

Also it might just be me going nuts but it seems like anything towards the top of the screen is less responsive on A4.

Browser tabs seem very hard to close for me (might just be screen calibration)

Not knocking you guys cos i know it's still Alpha, and getting this far this fast is AWESOME!

Thank you so much for your hard work so far guys :unsure:

Guest Tony Williams
I think if you're an advanced use and understand this is an alpha i think its fine for everyday use as you can get round the issues!

Personally i consider my self one and i'm quite happy to use this daily!

I wonder if newb5 and corvus will consider doing an update.zip for upgrades or if its better to just nvflash everytime considering things are changing so massively!

I agree, the previous Alphas got viewed, admired & replaced pretty quickly. Alpha4 however is still on my Vega and will probably stay there until release of the next Alpha or Beta :unsure: release. The only issues I have is that WIFI keeps turning off (its a known issue and easily fixed - turn it back on again :) ) and Angry Birds doesn`t seem to work anymore (it worked fine on Alpha3). Everything else that I use my vega regularly for seems to work already.

The nvflash method of installation to me is just as easy as clockworkmod especially if you use the one touch backup and restore tool.

Guest partner2
I agree, the previous Alphas got viewed, admired & replaced pretty quickly. Alpha4 however is still on my Vega and will probably stay there until release of the next Alpha or Beta :unsure: release. The only issues I have is that WIFI keeps turning off (its a known issue and easily fixed - turn it back on again :) ) and Angry Birds doesn`t seem to work anymore (it worked fine on Alpha3). Everything else that I use my vega regularly for seems to work already.

The nvflash method of installation to me is just as easy as clockworkmod especially if you use the one touch backup and restore tool.

For Angry birds, move the game to the internal storage

Guest dipak2010

Hi All Firstly hats of to newbe5 and corvus, amazing work and so fast too! Installed alpha4 on my vega last night and love it. thought i would list some of the things that ive come across while using the ROM.

-facebook app doesnt seem to work, twitter works fine

-emails show up in the preview panel on the left hand side of the app but not on the right hand side in a proper full view( think that has been mentioned already)

-also when trying to install some games i.e stupid zombies, it installs but when trying to play always force closes

-random freezing (but i suppose that is expected as it is an alpha! lol!)

-also agree with others with regards to the soft buttons in the bottom left, these can be a bit hit an miss to responding

hopefully i'm not repeating what anyone else has found, but thought i would let you know.

like a said at the begining great work and cant waoit for the next release!

Dipak

Guest Jisonga

I think the guys have done such a great job that once flash is sorted this from could be left on full time on my Vega.

In fact I am still using alpha 4 since installing it last night and plan to stick with it for now while I play with as many versions of flash as I can find as the browser is good enough for my needs to use it daily.

Jason.

Guest Jisonga

Oh and my mate was dead quite about his archos last night after seeing and playing with my Vega with honeycomb. This and his face said it all really and boy did I feel more than a little smug.

Glad I went for function over style when buying my tablet.

Jason.

Guest godmode

I can only repeat the sentiments of everyone else on here when I say a big thank you. Alpha3 was interesting to look at but went back to corvus5. However alpha4 has stay on my vega an I believe it will stay on there until a new build comes out. simply fantastic and I can live with the little quirks.

How do I move angry birds to internal storage by the way. I have not used link2sd or any of that stuff before. never needed to.

Beer money incoming when I get paid at the end of the month. Nice one corvus and newbie5!

PS the superuser fix worked for me, there is a typo on one post earlier on that said set it to 0755 when it should be 06755.

Guest Drat2

I wasn't going to try this until it was in beta at least, but after my CM7 install screwed up I decided to try it as I would need to install from recovery anyway.

Really glad I did, it looks awsome! I mainly use my VEGA to surf, read emails and view pictures. The stock browser is so much nicer on honeycomb I think I will stick with this ROM while waiting for a more stable beta to come out as I am sure I would feel deflated going back to Android 2.3.4

Great work guys, looking forward to the next release :unsure:

Guest partner2
I can only repeat the sentiments of everyone else on here when I say a big thank you. Alpha3 was interesting to look at but went back to corvus5. However alpha4 has stay on my vega an I believe it will stay on there until a new build comes out. simply fantastic and I can live with the little quirks.

How do I move angry birds to internal storage by the way. I have not used link2sd or any of that stuff before. never needed to.

Beer money incoming when I get paid at the end of the month. Nice one corvus and newbie5!

PS the superuser fix worked for me, there is a typo on one post earlier on that said set it to 0755 when it should be 06755.

Go to Settings / Aplications, search for Angry Birds, and click 'Move to Phone' (Not sure about the exact name of the button, I don't use english system)

Guest mxbob

im finding alpha 4 a huge leap forward

seems far more stable (less fc's) and is now running most apps I wanted to run

the soft buttons work much better in this version although i do now seem to have difficulty pressing the top centre (like the search bar in the market)

I reckon if I could get flash video working in the browser I could live with this as my everyday rom

superb work

Guest 318vert

Just a quick note, Dont try moving apps to sd card using Titanium backup as it moves apps but you cannot access them after reboot but they still take up the space and you will need ot uninstall and reinstal them to use them. Move to USB storage (sd card) manually.

On my second install of v4 now lol

Edited by 318vert

Guest premieral
Just a quick note, Dont try moving apps to sd card using Titanium backup as it moves apps but you cannot access them after reboot but they still take up the space and you will need ot uninstall and reinstal them to use them. Move to USB storage (sd card) manually.

is this the same with link2sd as well?

Guest Tony Williams
For Angry birds, move the game to the internal storage

I thought i`d already got it on internal storage but will try it again tonight when I get home. No real urgency as I can`t get past the level I`ve got to anyway :unsure:

Guest 318vert

Ok This isnt just a Titanium issue its an issue with movign any installed app to usb storeage (sd card) and then rebooting device. Can anyone else check this aswell?

move installed app to usb device.

restart vega

app dosnt whow in apps live but shown as saved to sd card in manage apps.

Also you cannot move app back to tablet as it says app dose not exists. This functionality is needed.

Would be nice to get Apps2sd is working.

Edited by 318vert

Guest chrisrich85
Ok This isnt just a Titanium issue its an issue with movign any installed app to usb storeage (sd card) and then rebooting device. Can anyone else check this aswell?

move installed app to usb device.

restart vega

app dosnt whow in apps live but shown as saved to sd card in manage apps.

Also you cannot move app back to tablet as it says app dose not exists. This functionality is needed.

Would be nice to get Apps2sd is working.

have u tried removing and re-inserting the sd card when booted up? this works for me its like it doesnt mount properly on boot

Guest 318vert
have u tried removing and re-inserting the sd card when booted up? this works for me its like it doesnt mount properly on boot

That solved it. Thanking you

Edited by 318vert

Guest jerrysimon

Ok I downloaded it had a go and its great. Excellent work guys.

I wanted to go back to my original rom until this one gets into beta. I have tried installing the stock ROM using nFlash but evertime I push the back > power > back button in the correct sequence it connects and disconnects from the PC and won't let me install the rom.

Do I need to use the

adb shell recovery_2

adb reboot

command i.e. the hard set recovery does not work with the VegaComb rom ?

Regards

Jerry

Edited by jerrysimon

Guest mudcruzr
Ok I downloaded it had a go and its great. Excellent work guys.

I wanted to go back to my original rom until this one is a little more developed. I have tried installing the stock ROM using nFlash but evertime I push the back > power > back button in the correct sequence it connects and disconnects from the PC and won't let me install the rom.

Do I need to use the

adb shell recovery_2

adb reboot

command i.e. the hard set recovery does not work with the VegaComb rom ?

Regards

Jerry

The back->power->back combo does work but it seems much more difficult to get it right after A4. I had to try maybe 8 or 10 times where before I could almost always get to nvflash first time.

The adb commands will reboot you into CWM recovery, unfortunately no good for you as the internal memory needs to be reformatted with different partition sizes which can't be done through CWM.

Just keep trying the back->power->back combo, it will work.

- mud