[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest wazz34553

Can't believe how quickly this has got to a usable version - brilliant work... Much appreciated too...

We know most of the issues with Alpha4 but one I noticed, as a couple of others have found, in mail you can add accounts and see your email headers but you can't actually read the emails - the area where the email would appear is blank.

Guest WWEpsp

can anyone tell me, where do i execute the "adb commands", i want to be Superuser and dont know where to put the commands. I've tried connecting the vega with USB debuggin and going on DOS, and writing adb remount (etc...) but doesnt recogniz the adb order...

HELP PLEASE xDD

Guest windin101
can anyone tell me, where do i execute the "adb commands", i want to be Superuser and dont know where to put the commands. I've tried connecting the vega with USB debuggin and going on DOS, and writing adb remount (etc...) but doesnt recogniz the adb order...

HELP PLEASE xDD

you must have the android SDK installed first

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

once installed start up a dos prompt in the "platform-tools" folder and issue the commands

Guest Batlin

Wow, I'm keeping this for my daily use although hidden wifi doesn't work.

I'm also curious about performance on my advent vega. I saw that

newbe5 uploaded (running alpha1 I think) and my tablet is not that smooth (when i saw it i was like its faster than xoom!). Is it my tablet or adding more things in alpha4 has decreased performance on launcher?

Anyway, great job!

Guest MaxiP

Muttering to myself...

"Don't do it it's ALPHA.....Don't do it it's ALPHA....."

Anyway, done it - seamless install and after a couple of reboots, WiFi kicked in and away we went. Market looks nice but gave a FC when I tried to install multiple apps - did them separately and worked OK.

Soft buttons are a bit sensitive and sometimes don't seem to work but that could be down to my screen.

Overall - very impressive and considering still in ALPHA, potentially good enough for daily use.

Guest Remington Steale
Guys...I'm lost...where do I find instruction on how to install this rom?

Thanks

Ummm, if you cant find the instructions included and repeated throughout this thread I would strongly advise you to wait until this is a little more polished.

@Batlin Glad to note the hidden wireless thing wasnt just me though

Edited by Remington Steale

Guest mxbob
Guys...I'm lost...where do I find instruction on how to install this rom?

Thanks

the instuction are in a pdf in the zip with the rom

Guest Mr.Nike
the instuction are in a pdf in the zip with the rom

Thanks!!

Stupid me I was looking for instructions in the forum only...

Guest shutdown

been using it all day. i like it! for an Alpha it's pretty good i'd say

yes a few glitches but i am impressed. now only if email worked

Guest Zebrahead

I know it's been mentioned somewhere in this thread, I had a look and couldn't find it.

Is there some trick to it accepting my google account? It just rejects it whenever I try to set it up.

Thanks,

Zeb

Guest MaxiP

OK - having some problems getting recovery mode to get SU. I know it works as I've done it several times before but darned if I can get it working now so bear with me whilst I take you through my steps.....

Vega is in USB debug mode

Boot into recovery - device manager shows NVidia Harmony device.

Uninstall & delete device driver

Scan for HW changes

Interrupt system as it starts to find driver for APX

Install USB driver downloaded from myadventvega.co.uk

See device listed as 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices'

reboot PC (just in case)

adb-windows devices returns no devices attached.

Reboot PC, restart in recovery mode - NVIDIA SB Boot...... appears in device list but adb-windows still doesn't find it.

I've updated / removed / installed the myadventvega USB driver several times and can see the device in Device Manager, just can't access it with adb

Any suggestions as I need SU

TIA

Edited by MaxiP

Guest phil8715
Can't believe how quickly this has got to a usable version - brilliant work... Much appreciated too...

We know most of the issues with Alpha4 but one I noticed, as a couple of others have found, in mail you can add accounts and see your email headers but you can't actually read the emails - the area where the email would appear is blank.

Ahh so it's a bug? I wondered if it was, or something I wasn't doing.

My other issue is Titanium back up it says my Vega isn't rooted even though I have SuperUser.

Apart from that I think it looks fantastic and I reckon it won't be long before the stable rom will be released.

Edited by phil8715

Guest ParanoidSPV
OK - having some problems getting recovery mode to get SU. I know it works as I've done it several times before but darned if I can get it working now so bear with me whilst I take you through my steps.....

Vega is in USB debug mode

Boot into recovery - device manager shows NVidia Harmony device.

Uninstall & delete device driver

Scan for HW changes

Interrupt system as it starts to find driver for APX

Install USB driver downloaded from myadventvega.co.uk

See device listed as 'NVIDIA USB Boot-recovery driver for Mobile devices'

reboot PC (just in case)

adb-windows devices returns no devices attached.

Reboot PC, restart in recovery mode - NVIDIA SB Boot...... appears in device list but adb-windows still doesn't find it.

I've updated / removed / installed the myadventvega USB driver several times and can see the device in Device Manager, just can't access it with adb

Any suggestions as I need SU

TIA

You dont need to be in recovery mode... Just turn the tablet on, activate USB Debugging in settings, connect to pv, run the commands from where you have a adb.exe like the android-sdk or if you have one of the roms from modaco then just remember insted of adb remount etc etc, it is adb-windows remount

Guest MaxiP
You dont need to be in recovery mode... Just turn the tablet on, activate USB Debugging in settings, connect to pv, run the commands from where you have a adb.exe like the android-sdk or if you have one of the roms from modaco then just remember insted of adb remount etc etc, it is adb-windows remount

Nope / nada / non / niet (etc :unsure: )

Doesn't matter if I start in recovery / normal mode, I can see the Vega in device manager (NVIDIA Boot or USB mass storage device) but can't see it via adb

Guest jonnyspuruk
Nope / nada / non / niet (etc :unsure: )

Doesn't matter if I start in recovery / normal mode, I can see the Vega in device manager (NVIDIA Boot or USB mass storage device) but can't see it via adb

I had similar problems but copying the adb.exe. and DLL files from sdk tools to my system 32 folder in windows solved it for me

Guest Spooke

Just installed this, everything seems to be running well apart from flash, gmail and youtube. But that's already been stated.

A work around for youtube is youtube mobile website, although only low quality seems to work..?

Still its super fast and the keyboard is great :-)

Keep it up guys

Guest rubbery

This is stupidly good for an alpha release.

First experience of honeycomb after using froyo,gingerbread,corvus and cm7 and I love it.

Donation on way!

Guest MaxiP

OK - now reverted back to Corvus5.

Guys - this is excellent work and for an ALPHA release, is pretty mature. However (for me), it's not ready for daily use and I know that's the whole point of ALPHA / BETA releases so will be following this with great interest.

BTW, OneClickRestorer is the mutts nuts :unsure:

EDIT - belay that last comment.

done!

sending file: bootloader.bin

| 941512/941512 bytes sent

bootloader.bin sent successfully

sending file: recovery.img

\ 4325376/4325376 bytes sent

recovery.img sent successfully

sending file: boot.img

/ 2883584/2883584 bytes sent

boot.img sent successfully

system.img is too large for partition

command failure: create failed

Edited by MaxiP

Guest Zebrahead

That's because the OneClickRestorer is built for Non-Honeycomb.

Because the system for Honeycomb is bigger, this size needs to be reflected in the information you're flashing.

To fix :

Go into the tools directory of the OneClickRestorer,

Overwrite the file "flash.cfg" with the flash.cfg from the tools of VegaComb

It should work if you try again.

Explanation :

In the original OneClick Restorer, flash.cfg should contain a section that looks like this :

[partition]
name=APP
id=8
type=data
allocation_policy=sequential
filesystem_type=yaffs2
size=125337600
file_system_attribute=0
partition_attribute=0
allocation_attribute=0x10
percent_reserved=0
filename=system.img

Note the size field. When you try to flash the Honeycomb system, it's too large. To manually change this file (instead of just copying the VegaComb one, change size to :

size=260337600

This should fix the issue if you no longer have the original VegaComb restorer.
[/codebox]

Good luck,

Zeb ^^

Guest Panayioti

I understand this is an alpha version but I think the acceloemeter was working better in the alpha3 version than in this version can someone try this on speedx

Guest MaxiP
That's because the OneClickRestorer is built for Non-Honeycomb.

Because the system for Honeycomb is bigger, this size needs to be reflected in the information you're flashing.

To fix :

Go into the tools directory of the OneClickRestorer,

Overwrite the file "flash.cfg" with the flash.cfg from the tools of VegaComb

It should work if you try again.

Explanation :

In the original OneClick Restorer, flash.cfg should contain a section that looks like this :

[partition]
name=APP
id=8
type=data
allocation_policy=sequential
filesystem_type=yaffs2
size=125337600
file_system_attribute=0
partition_attribute=0
allocation_attribute=0x10
percent_reserved=0
filename=system.img
Note the size field. When you try to flash the Honeycomb system, it's too large. To manually change this file (instead of just copying the VegaComb one, change size to :

size=260337600

This should fix the issue if you no longer have the original VegaComb restorer.
[/codebox]

Good luck,

Zeb ^^

Thanks Zeb - restore seemed to go OK but hung after writing data.img (although said it completed OK.)

Will re-install Advent 1.09, MCR r8, Titanium & restore previous build.