[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest simonta
Hands up who loves how blooming unbrickable the Vega is

lo

Amen to that brother. Currently into my 4th flash of the evening :unsure: Sadly, this beta aint working for me. Tears...

Guest shutdown
Ok, quick info how I got Beta1 installed:

- installed r8 to get it back to basics

- installed CWM (using this)

- placed the beta1 zip on the sd card, then booted into recovery using, um, recovery :unsure:

- installed beta1 zip

- wipe data/factory reset

- wipe cache partition (just in case)

- reboot

booted up 1st time :)

thanks guys

I got stuck in a boot loop so I did this above and it sorted it so can suggest others follwo suit.

cheers!

Guest Minimonkey
is the lock screen there? mine goes straight past it, and yeah it is enabled in the settings :unsure:

Working fine for me try reboot

Guest simonta
I got stuck in a boot loop so I did this above and it sorted it so can suggest others follwo suit.

cheers!

Yep, this works.

I did 4 flashes without wiping after install and it boot looped. Wiped after install with 2 flashes, and it's tickety boo.

(Sounds like some sort of potty training instruction :unsure:)

Guest newbe5
Yep, this works.

I did 4 flashes without wiping after install and it boot looped. Wiped after install with 2 flashes, and it's tickety boo.

(Sounds like some sort of potty training instruction :))

If you wipe after install then you will be missing apps in /data.

Extract the CWM package, and: adb push c:\VegaComb-BETA1\data\app /data/app

To get all the lovely apps back on your Vega! Either that or shove them on the SD card and install them manually! :unsure:

newbe5

Guest D0cZ

well, flashed this beta..

it's pretty quickier than before yah

hmm I've been using quick office (the one ported from adam) for 2 months, and can't get it running on vegaComb, but today after flashing beta I saw Solaris office!!

AMAZING!! #NOT haha it FC all the time =(

everything else is ok for my daily use, thx *-*

OBS: http://www.adventvega.net/#/device-info/4546369221

4 fingers multi-touch? WTFROFLOLMAO?

Guest Logseman

I have checked and it's only 2-point... now that would amaze me if they get 2 further tactile points all of a sudden :unsure:

Guest mark6346

Great job to all involved, works & looks great, installed first time, just wondering tho, I seem to be missing the calender app , anyone else noticed ? there any way of getting it seperatly ? as like the new one, thanks .

Guest celyn

i have been using the alpha build which has been brilliant but now i have no idea what im doing with cwm or how to use it. i have searched and tried to follow instructions on here and i know its a pain in the arse with people asking for help when i know im probably missing something simple but if someone could help with instructions it would be much appreciated.

Guest dragon2611

Installed Beta1a and loving it so far.

Can easily tell Honeycomb was designed for tablets.

celyn CWM = clockwork mod, you need to flash it to the vega can't remember how I got mine on there, think I either flashed it with Vega Tools or it got installed when I flashed the vega port of CM7 to the device.

Guest CoWPlagued

firstly, absolutely sterling job by corvus, newbe5 and all the others involved going from nothing to a beta in a week.

installed fine, no issues.

general responsiveness is very good.

As expected Camera FC's, youtube app cannot connect on most vids (but not all), and gallery crashes

had a few system and browser lockups, but generally working fine.

wifi is working, but not auto connecting on bootup.

most of my apps work well.

Cracking progress!

Guest ViPaSoft

When I was using Corvus5 I had about 300Mb RAM free if I cleared all unneeded apps. In Beta1a I can only get a max of 175mb. Does Honeycombe actually use that much more ram or are other factors at work.

Guest premieral

OMG :unsure: never tried the alphas but this has blown me away with how slick it is! Completely exceeded all my expectations:-) just using google body is enough to make me love it, so many thanks newbe5 and corvus and so little time :-)

Guest Batlin

I want to install this beta but i have to flash original rom first. How can I do that from linux since im downloading a .exe from myadventvega.co.uk?

Thank you,

Guest Unipete

Got it working now. Looks good. nice and responsive. FC's on a few things but I think I might keep this one on for a while.

Cheers Fellas! :unsure:

Guest celyn
Installed Beta1a and loving it so far.

Can easily tell Honeycomb was designed for tablets.

celyn CWM = clockwork mod, you need to flash it to the vega can't remember how I got mine on there, think I either flashed it with Vega Tools or it got installed when I flashed the vega port of CM7 to the device.

now sorted! thankyou big improvement

Edited by celyn