[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest celyn
Does anyone can tell me where I did wrong?????? Help I stock in the this pics~~~~Please :unsure:

12991198.jpg

turn it off then back on. make sure you are on stock rom. i think this is happening because you havnt got clockwork mod recovery flashed to it. download vega tools http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ega-tools-v3-0/ then put vega in debug mode and plug into comp and using vega tools flash recovery. then when you put it in recovery mode a menu should appear.

Hope this helps.

Guest Vansphone
turn it off then back on. make sure you are on stock rom. i think this is happening because you havnt got clockwork mod recovery flashed to it. download vega tools http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...ega-tools-v3-0/ then put vega in debug mode and plug into comp and using vega tools flash recovery. then when you put it in recovery mode a menu should appear.

Hope this helps.

When I tried to flash my Vega with the Corvus .5 rom I got this exact screen. It was just as you say, I had not successfully installed clockwork recovery (even though ROM Manager said that it was installed).

Guest Mark Hartley
Just a quick question before I install this ( been wanting to do it for days ).

Lets say I install this rom using CWM, what do I need to do to boot into CW Recovery again? ( not the stock vega one, that uses the infamous button combination )

I mean, I want to try it, but I'd like to be able to return to my current setup without having to flash stock ( because I seem to have lost my physical ability to access the vega stock recovery)

Am I making any sense at all? xD

So, tl;dr : If I flash this, how would I go about booting into ClockworkMod Recovery?

Thanks and honor and glory for the brave devs.

Anybody know the answer to this? I've tried Rom Manager and I've installed Paul's recovery app but both don't work.

Guest HunteronX

Guys, I found a bug involving installing apps to the SD card.

First of all, any applications installed to the SD card force close on opening.

Secondly, when you reboot the tablet, any applications installed to the SD card do not show up, and you have to eject and re-insert the SD card for them to appear.

Also, does anyone know of a method of Apps2SD that works on honeycomb?

Edited by HunteronX

Guest mudcruzr
Just a quick question before I install this ( been wanting to do it for days ).

Lets say I install this rom using CWM, what do I need to do to boot into CW Recovery again? ( not the stock vega one, that uses the infamous button combination )

I mean, I want to try it, but I'd like to be able to return to my current setup without having to flash stock ( because I seem to have lost my physical ability to access the vega stock recovery)

Am I making any sense at all? xD

So, tl;dr : If I flash this, how would I go about booting into ClockworkMod Recovery?

Thanks and honor and glory for the brave devs.

Immediately after you flash the VegaComb rom go into Market and install "Gscript Lite" (free) open it and create a new script with 2 lines:

recovery_2

reboot

save the new script as "Reboot Recovery" or similar and there's your way back to CWM recovery!

You can also do it via adb from your pc/mac/linux box:

adb shell recovery_2

adb reboot

These instructions are in Newbe5 & Corvus's posts on Tabletroms and XDA forums

- mud

Guest yunpo123

Yes, It's works. I am Really thank you. And I am sorry sorry about my poor English. Think you a lot.

Hope this helps.

Guest newbe5
Anyone know where the youtube app is? i can't find it in /data and the one on the market isn't the honeycomb version.

Did you wipe Data AFTER installing? If so, you will be missing some apps, such as Youtube, Book reader and some others.

Guest Yogimax

To watch videos, download the free MoboPlayer from the market and install it along with the recommended codec set.

It doesn't let me choose my media folders properly, but if you browse within it to your video - do a long press on it and choose software decoding. :unsure:

Guest Niks10

This is excellent. kudos to newbe5 and corvus.

Did wipe data/Factory reset and wiped Dalvik Cache and installed the Zip file.

No problem in first boot up. Had trouble in wifi connecting, but after one reboot that was sorted.

Tried Set CPU but get FC. Trying to underclock to 1GHz (I guess default is 1.5 GHz in this ROM)

Any idea which app works to clock it at stock speed of 1 GHZ?

I am loving this VegaComb.....excellent work once again guys....

Edited by Niks10

Guest newbe5
This is excellent. kudos to newbe5 and corvus.

Did wipe data/Factory reset and wiped Dalvik Cache and install the Zip file.

No problem in first boot up. Had trouble in wifi connecting, but after one reboot that was sorted.

Tried Set CPU but get FC. Trying to underclock to 1GHz (I guess default is 1.5 GHz in this ROM)

Any idea which app works to clock it at stock speed of 1 GHZ?

I am loving this VegaComb.....excellent work once again guys....

Download CPU Master from the Market.

Guest pjjames55
anyone tried cifs manager ?

i'd like to try the rom out, but would like to know if cifs is working first.

Yes, cifs manager works. Was able to play audio/video over my network without any issues

Guest barnabyg
Making a Rom which is overclocked by default and not giving any other options seems the wrong way round to me. The Rom should be stock speed and then if people want to overclock they can download the tools to do it. At the very least just provide two Roms, one overclocked, one without. I wont be using this Rom on a permanant basis till we get this option.

Good work guys, however it won't reliably boot on my vega. Seems like my vega isn't happy with overclocking right up to 1.5Ghz - I had the same issue with lock up on the CorvusKernel 0.2 so I'm fairly sure it's this.

Agree with above poster - it's a bit problematic assuming 1.5Ghz will work on everything, as if it can't even get to starting a CPU Tuner to clock it back down, then there's no way of booting on vegas that are unstable at 1.5. :-S

cheers,

B

Guest newbe5

We understand peoples concerns regarding the standard overclock issue. We will hopefully address this in the next Beta release to provide more stability!

newbe5

Guest WWEpsp
Corv, newby,

Great work work, getting better every day.

Just one little one for now, I have noticed that vega starts to lag badly, after multiple apps open and messing around. Actually, it reach a point where completely gets frozen.

I was looking into the init.rc and I think there are few things wrong there, around task management. Some figures are too high and they do not correspond as expected.

I extracted the boot/ramdisk and I changed the init.rc with similar values I am using with my N1. I didn't noticed more speed but I noticed that lags less and it is not getting frozen anymore.

Here the lines I have changed:

# Define the oom_adj values for the classes of processes that can be

# killed by the kernel. These are used in ActivityManagerService.

setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_ADJ 0

setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_ADJ 1

setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_ADJ 2

setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_ADJ 3

setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_ADJ 4

setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_ADJ 5

setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ 6

setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ 7

setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_ADJ 15

# Define the memory thresholds at which the above process classes will

# be killed. These numbers are in pages (4k).

# These are currently tuned for tablets with approx 1GB RAM.

setprop ro.FOREGROUND_APP_MEM 2048

setprop ro.VISIBLE_APP_MEM 3072

setprop ro.PERCEPTIBLE_APP_MEM 4096

setprop ro.HEAVY_WEIGHT_APP_MEM 4096

setprop ro.SECONDARY_SERVER_MEM 6144

setprop ro.BACKUP_APP_MEM 6144

setprop ro.HOME_APP_MEM 6144

setprop ro.HIDDEN_APP_MEM 7168

setprop ro.EMPTY_APP_MEM 8192

# Write value must be consistent with the above properties.

# Note that the driver only supports 6 slots, so we have HOME_APP at the

# same memory level as services.

write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/adj 0,1,2,4,7,15

write /proc/sys/vm/overcommit_memory 1

write /proc/sys/vm/min_free_order_shift 4

write /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree 2048,3072,4096,6144,7168,8192

All these 4 groups of attributes are related.

Let me know if this helps.

CrK

Just Quoting this, so that newbe can see this LOL

im just getting the same problems, after a little time reading PDF, just opened the market and it frozed, had to forced the turn off. After a time messing up with some apps, market, etc, it starts lagging...

Anyways, in general is working great.

Guest barnabyg
We understand peoples concerns regarding the standard overclock issue. We will hopefully address this in the next Beta release to provide more stability!

newbe5

Lovely - amazing progress!

Just got mine to boot with external power, so looks like it's battery+1.5 that it's not so happy with.

B

Guest Pyr0x64
Yes, cifs manager works. Was able to play audio/video over my network without any issues

great news, thanks pjjames55 :)

will try flashing once the vega charges, just hope it can handle the 1.5GHz clock speed :unsure:

Guest bitstra

I'm very impressed, newbe5 and Corvus...

1000s thanks for your great job!

I'm testing HC since your first alpha. - All is well done!

Since bet1a I see, that Settings -> Screen -> brightness - settings are lost after reboot.

- and was happy, that wifi is stable after first reboot - bluetooth is working now for me :unsure:.

Thank you and regards

Guest Yogimax
great news, thanks pjjames55 :)

will try flashing once the vega charges, just hope it can handle the 1.5GHz clock speed :unsure:

I have had no issue with it either on power or battery. Also unlike a previous post SetCPU works fine without crashing!

Guest Minimonkey
Forum search it

well done, wrong answer.

Does Rom manager work to boot into recovery with honeycomb installed

Edited by Minimonkey

Guest Remington Steale
well done, wrong answer.

No, the answer is actually on the previous page to this one, post number 555, you need to use a gscript script.

Guest newbe5
well done, wrong answer.

Nope, ROM manager doesn't work currently. There are instructions in the main post about how to get in to recovery from your Vega.

Guest Minimonkey
No, the answer is actually on the previous page to this one, post number 555, you need to use a gscript script.

Thank-you will give it a try cheers

edit: Worked a treat, honeycomb all backed up.

Edited by Minimonkey