[ROM] VegaComb 3.2 - by TeamNewCo and TeamVillain

Guest newbe5

Guest Remington Steale
Apologies, I should have said: I did do a full wipe of cache and data in clockwork recovery. I think I'll probably try to put the Corvus5 rom on. I take it that it's a lot faster than honeycomb?

Yes. Much faster and more stable at the moment

Guest Graham Macleod
just noticed another bug on mine - get a FC of the browser if i try to view my history - anyone else getting this?

Yup, every time.

On a similar note, the Youtube app, though very beautiful, is a bit flakey. Lots of videos don't play at all. Accessing subscriptions on My Channel also causes FC.

Guest Remington Steale

Sadly, despite getting most features working on Honeycomb that I require, Lila the talking fairy just force closes so its back to corvus5 for now or my daughter may murder me in my sleep.

Guest 318vert

How come Quadrant standard shows that my vega has 1 core but on an image of the samsung tab 10.1 it shows 2 cores for that. Is this jsut because of Vegacomb?

Guest nicholson101

Great work guys and great to see all the people reporting back with their experiences. I really don't think i could go back to anything else now its soooo pretty!

A quick side-note: I have experienced very tinny bass-less sound. I have used Equalizer to give the system sound a little much needed boost (Still not enough!) but the volume does now continue increasing after 50%

Kudos to the recommendation for moboplayer (Yogimax i believe) :unsure:

Keep up the good work guys!

Guest rvdgeer
Great work guys and great to see all the people reporting back with their experiences. I really don't think i could go back to anything else now its soooo pretty!

A quick side-note: I have experienced very tinny bass-less sound. I have used Equalizer to give the system sound a little much needed boost (Still not enough!) but the volume does now continue increasing after 50%

Kudos to the recommendation for moboplayer (Yogimax i believe) :unsure:

Keep up the good work guys!

Great work so far!

:)

Doe THIS mean there will be a new base for this port any time soon(ish)? :P

Guest gavinlew
Can anyone point me in the direction of getting the very nice picture viewer from alpha4 back.

If you have access to Alpha4 and unyaffs, you can extract it from one of the *.img files , system.img i think.

I have extracted the image , and in the "app" folder are a set of apk files possibly you want GalleryNew3DGoogle.apk ?

Guest WWEpsp
We have a way of fixing it in the new build, but currently we can EITHER have Ad-Hoc networking, OR EAP networking enabled. Not both at the same time. If we can't fix this we may just provide small CWM packages to switch between the two.

newbe5

ok, so waiting for that fix. Anyway i PERSONALLY prefer using enterprise instead of Ad-hoc, for me, PEAP is really necesary.

Can i ask you, When is going to be realease those packages??, so i can know if either wait on Honeycomb, or go back to Froyo and wait for those fixes...

Thank you again for this AWESOME ROM

Guest simonta
ok, so waiting for that fix. Anyway i PERSONALLY prefer using enterprise instead of Ad-hoc, for me, PEAP is really necesary.

Can i ask you, When is going to be realease those packages??, so i can know if either wait on Honeycomb, or go back to Froyo and wait for those fixes...

Thank you again for this AWESOME ROM

This question was asked, and answered, only a couple of days ago. Look back in the thread a little. Please do look for answers before posting questions. Thanks.

Guest mre15

As mentioned several posts back the addition of task killer set on aggresive and a ramdroid I am able to ensure my ram never gets close to the 51mb problem, it has been rock solid since doing this.

The market seems to be the worst memory hog, if you start the market with less than 100mb free it gives lots of lag or crashes. Got rid of a few widgets also helped free up that much needed ram.

Any app that has caused an fc for me so far has worked fine when moved back to pad, cant keep doing this though, dont know if this is related to the way the microsd wont mount ?

Edited by mre15

Guest pea01
If you have access to Alpha4 and unyaffs, you can extract it from one of the *.img files , system.img i think.

I have extracted the image , and in the "app" folder are a set of apk files possibly you want GalleryNew3DGoogle.apk ?

Thanks for the quick answer, I found that one also but I was after the Photo-album one were you can turn the pages to see the next pictures.

Guest gavinlew
Thanks for the quick answer, I found that one also but I was after the Photo-album one were you can turn the pages to see the next pictures.

Could it be - LiveWallpapersPicker.apk ?

I cannot see anything within the folder files named photo or album or similar, have you a full list of the .apk's in there?

Guest SeiferTV

Just a little cronicle.

A couple days ago, I installed Beta1a and everything was just dandy.

Yesterday, I turned my vega on again, just to find out that wi-fi wasn't working ( I know it worked before, after one reboot)

Downloaded the Gscript apk ( to enter recovery and reflash ), and tried to put it on the vega vía bluetooth ( don't remember if it's working ) Which wasn't.

Tried USB. Nothing. vega didn't show any kind of notification when the USB was connected. not in linux nor in windows.

Finally I had to turn it off, take the sd out and could put the apk there.

Installed, created the recovery script, executed it...

Black screen ( with backlight )

I was getting ready to try to reinstall stock rom, when I turned it off. I turned it back on by failing to press the key combination.

AND IT TOOK ME TO CWM Recovey

From there I restored my previous corvus5 backup.

Great job anyways, but I'll stick to the previous rom for now :P

( I just wanted to share the experience to see if it's useful to the devs )

Edited by SeiferTV

Guest le_lutin
Just a little cronicle.

A couple days ago, I installed Beta1a and everything was just dandy.

Yesterday, I turned my vega on again, just to find out that wi-fi wasn't working ( I know it worked before, after one reboot)

Downloaded the Gscript apk ( to enter recovery and reflash ), and tried to put it on the vega vía bluetooth ( don't remember if it's working ) Which wasn't.

Tried USB. Nothing. vega didn't show any kind of notification when the USB was connected. not in linux nor in windows.

Finally I had to turn it off, take the sd out and could put the apk there.

Installed, created the recovery script, executed it...

Black screen ( with backlight )

I was getting ready to try to reinstall stock rom, when I turned it off. I turned it back on by failing to press the key combination.

AND IT TOOK ME TO CWM Recovey

From there I restored my previous corvus5 backup.

Great job anyways, but I'll stick to the previous rom for now :P

( I just wanted to share the experience to see if it's from any use to the devs )

Wait, so there is a way to get into ClockworkMod recovery while on Vegacomb? Was this just purely random or was there some key combination you used?

Guest SeiferTV
Wait, so there is a way to get into ClockworkMod recovery while on Vegacomb? Was this just purely random or was there some key combination you used?

There's a script you can create using GScript ( or vía ADB ) It's explained on this same thread, post #55 I THINK.

Guest le_lutin
There's a script you can create using GScript ( or vía ADB ) It's explained on this same thread, post #55 I THINK.

Post #555. Thanks a million for the heads up.

Guest Scanno

First of all... Good job on HC so far... Really nice...

Like many people here i am looking forward for updates. I have been using the beta1a for a few days now and everything is looking good, i also suffer the occasional lockups/slowdowns.

But to add to the whishlist the following.... I am using openvpn to connect to my home network. With CM7 that is working like a charm. So i thought i would test it on VegaComb :-). I installed the OpenVPN Installer and GUI from the market. But it does not work :P. For OpenVPN to work i need the tun module. The tun module is configured to be a module. Found the tun.ko in /system/lib/modules. Figured that i needed to use modprobe. This fails because modprobe is looking in /lib/modules/ and not in /system/lib/modules/.

Is this something that has to be changed in the kernel config??? Or is that something i can change myself ???

Edited by Scanno

Guest Wilb
As mentioned several posts back the addition of task killer set on aggresive and a ramdroid I am able to ensure my ram never gets close to the 51mb problem, it has been rock solid since doing this.

The market seems to be the worst memory hog, if you start the market with less than 100mb free it gives lots of lag or crashes. Got rid of a few widgets also helped free up that much needed ram.

Any app that has caused an fc for me so far has worked fine when moved back to pad, cant keep doing this though, dont know if this is related to the way the microsd wont mount ?

Wondering whether adding Compcache into the ROM may be a useful way to combat the memory issues.

Guest WWEpsp
This question was asked, and answered, only a couple of days ago. Look back in the thread a little. Please do look for answers before posting questions. Thanks.

He has only say that he is going to realease the fixes when they managed to get some other ones. Im asking about if he is planning to upload them in some SPECIFIC TIME... I've actually been folowing this thread every day.

Please dont acuse i havent read the thread without really knowing it. It gets me really angry when i see this responses.

P.D: i dont really want to pressure anyone just ASKING....

Edited by WWEpsp

Guest perrin21

I have noticed two things. First, the screen is displaying at 120dpi (native is 160), it looks much better when changed to 140dpi using Pixel Density app from Market.

Also, the colour depth looks low. There is noticeable artefacts in settings and some apps. Can anyone tell me how to change this to 24bpp?

Guest newbe5
I have noticed two things. First, the screen is displaying at 120dpi (native is 160), it looks much better when changed to 140dpi using Pixel Density app from Market.

Also, the colour depth looks low. There is noticeable artefacts in settings and some apps. Can anyone tell me how to change this to 24bpp?

On 140 or 160 DPI, open the Calculator application... That's why it isn't set to 140 or 160 <_< These frameworks were designed for devices using 120 :P

OH, btw... BETA 1.3 is NOW OUT!

Have fun :rolleyes:

newbe5

Guest CoWPlagued

I've been doing exactly the same, battling to keep some ram free, and generally avoiding lock ups.

There does seem to be quite a difference between the available memory though, as even after killing all running tasks (application tasks not system tasks) i can have anywhere from 80 to 150MB free, so something's holing onto memory. maybe there's an app that'll log the memory usage of all services, or possibly just a simple script.

Guest HunteronX
On 140 or 160 DPI, open the Calculator application... That's why it isn't set to 140 or 160 <_< These frameworks were designed for devices using 120 :P

OH, btw... BETA 1.3 is NOW OUT!

Have fun :rolleyes:

newbe5

Thanks!